Boosting Proof of a Concord Kept

UnlmtdCheez

My friend and I were thinking of ways we could easily get these items, and while boosting for the vertebrae we think we figured out a method. You'll need 3 (preferably 4) different characters, one of which who hasn't beaten Aldrich, Devourer of Gods in their current playthrough.

The host (who hasn't defeated Aldrich) will equip the covenant item for the Way of Blue. The invader(s) will equip the item for Aldrich Faithful, and the defender will equip either Blue Sentinel or Blade of the Darkmoon. Everyone set their password to the same thing and then the invaders will set down red signs with their red sign soapstone and the defender will set down his sign with the white sign soapstone. The host will summon both (or all three if you are able to get a fourth person to be your second invader). The defender will kill one of the invaders and then they will reinvade. If you are only able to get one invader, you will have to resummon both the defender and invader each time.

With this method, the defender could kill 30 invaders in probably around 20-30 minutes, and then you could switch the roles between invaders and defenders. We haven't tested this method to confirm yet, but I wanted to post this anyway in case someone else wants to confirm it. We will be testing it later this week.

Or you kan just equip it in Pontiff Sulyvahn garden area and wait there.  I got summoned and got 10 ears per invasion kuz it was a royal rumble and every time a phantom died, i got a ear or 2 in 1, you gotta be good in PvP though, gets tough to survive 4v1 battles.  

We tried that 2 weeks ago, but it didn't work.

Well that's a shame. My friends and I will give it a go anyway, but that kinda sucks that this won't work. We are gonna try similar methods for the other invasion items, but I have a feeling those won't work either.

It will be faster if you farm the silver knights for those Proofs.  I got summoned constantly for the Shackles (only lost 3 out of over 30) and it took me over 6 hours to collect enough Shackes for rank+2.  Online pvp was fun, but very time consuming.  On the other hand, it took me around 5 hours to farm 28 Proof of Concord Ketps by just killing the two silver knights over and over...pretty boring.  

So even if you can find some red phantom friends who is willing to die for you, it would still be a very time consuming process,  not to mention that you will have to return the favor so your friends can get their Proofs too. 

Watchdogs and Sentinels/Darkmoons all get screwed on the sign front of things, Aldrich too to a degree (farmed Deacons for Dregs so I don't know for sure, but even legit they seem easier to get summoned).  The condition-reliant covenants have to fulfill their purpose to get their items.  Rosaria and Mound-Makers can use soapstones and just farm with a friend.

Worked fine for me as well. Seems like only the Blue/Darkmoon covenants are the ones giving problems.

While farming Proofs of Concord, I think I only got summoned twice.

With other covenants, I got summoned all the time.

Edited by Hitman

After ridicolous farming of knights now in my NG+ I wera way of blue and man I am being invaded all the time and darkmoon are being summoned constantly. Glad to help. I know that in Souls community others that finished with covenants are wearing way of blue too so more summons should happen at around SL120 and up. Good luck guys

I think I'm gonna go with farming silver knights for this. But question for those that know: how important is the luck stat in this?

I'm planning on wearing Gold Serpent Ring and Symbol of Avarice (if I can find one), using Coins and reallocating stats, but I was wondering: is it really necessary to get your luck to (or close to) 99 to farm efficiently? Could I also just allocate 50 points into luck and then keep at least some stats that I need to consistently beat enemies? Or would that essentially double (or triple) my farming time? 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by QuentinCle95

I think I'm gonna go with farming silver knights for this. But question for those that know: how important is the luck stat in this?

I'm planning on wearing Gold Serpent Ring and Symbol of Avarice (if I can find one), using Coins and reallocating stats, but I was wondering: is it really necessary to get your luck to (or close to) 99 to farm efficiently? Could I also just allocate 50 points into luck and then keep at least some stats that I need to consistently beat enemies? Or would that essentially double (or triple) my farming time? 

Thanks in advance!

Since my level was capped at 84, I had only 10 points in luck, and it took me about 5 hours.  I was using the Gold Serpent Ring+2, Symbol of Avarice, dual Crystal Sage Rapiers (total = 410 points in item discovery).  Then I pop the rusty coin (add another 50 points to bring it to a total of 460 points) just before engaging the 2 silver knights.   If it took me about 5 hours with only 10 point in luck; I'm sure it will go faster for you if you have higher luck (may be 1 hour faster, but not that much). 

Btw, don't waste time with the third silver knight; he is too far away from the bonfire.

• Like 1

I found that if you have the Symbol of Avarice, the Gold Serpent Ring, and the Crystal Sage Rapier, that gives you about 300 item discovery. I'm not sure the extra points in luck are really worth the hassle.

Also, I wouldn't skip the 3rd silver knight. I got quite a few of the Proofs of Concord from him. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

Just a tip for others: I've just finished farming the Silver Knights for Proof of a Concord Kept. Although most guides don't recommend killing the 3rd Knight, out of the 28 Concords I had to farm 7 was dropped by him. If you use the hidden body sorcery and you run fast enough he will also be on the top of the stairs by the time you kill the first 2 Knights. So killing him adds only 8-10 plus seconds to your farming cycle.

It took me a bit more than 3 hours to collect 28 Concords and my item discovery was 270 (crystal sage rapier + gold serpent ring + rusted coin; luck stat: 20)

I hope it helps someone. Good luck!

• Like 1

I just want to reiterate what others are saying abot NOT skipping the third knight. I finished this past weekend and he dropped 15 of my proofs. To save time equip the coiled sword, kill and loot him and use coiled sword to reapper back at the bonfire.

• Like 1

May be you are right about killing the third silver knight!  I didn't kill him and it took me about 5 hours to farm the 28 Proofs.  He is too far away and tough to kill.  Also, using the bone or coiled sword to get back to bonfire took a lot of loading time.   It seems faster to kill just the two silvers...the first one will charge, just side step, backstab, and poke him to dead...the second knight will swing his sword, roll to his back and backstab, then poke him to dead...very quick and easy kill.

I thought about using the coiled sword to warp back, but I figured the loading time would be just as much, if not more than the run back.

I'm not sure why you think the 3rd knight is too far, though. he's right in the next platform on the right. It's ... like, right there. xD

The 3rd knight has the same move set as the 2nd knight, so you'd deal with him the same way.

Either way, I know this is all academic. We all have our proofs boosted. Just figured I'd share my thoughts.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a tip for others: I've just finished farming the Silver Knights for Proof of a Concord Kept. Although most guides don't recommend killing the 3rd Knight, out of the 28 Concords I had to farm 7 was dropped by him. If you use the hidden body sorcery and you run fast enough he will also be on the top of the stairs by the time you kill the first 2 Knights. So killing him adds only 8-10 plus seconds to your farming cycle.

It took me a bit more than 3 hours to collect 28 Concords and my item discovery was 270 (crystal sage rapier + gold serpent ring + rusted coin; luck stat: 20)

I hope it helps someone. Good luck!

Luck is just what I needit appears.

I thought to share my findings from last night. I boosted for aboutan hour last night, killing all three knights and by your own words it should have dropped approx 9 proofs of concord for me...I would have been satisfied with half of that...

NOTHING... Nothing nothing nothing....I almost went up for 2 million of souls doing this boost.

I had symbol of avarice, crystal rapier and covetous ring +2...rusted coin even used couple of golden rusted rings...So my item drop rate was 461 and 411 respectively...and not a single covenant item!?

This leaves bitter taste as my favourite game series finishes in such manner, as a broken and frustrated stupid piece of shit grind!!!

• Like 1

Luck is just what I needit appears.

I thought to share my findings from last night. I boosted for aboutan hour last night, killing all three knights and by your own words it should have dropped approx 9 proofs of concord for me...I would have been satisfied with half of that...

NOTHING... Nothing nothing nothing....I almost went up for 2 million of souls doing this boost.

I had symbol of avarice, crystal rapier and covetous ring +2...rusted coin even used couple of golden rusted rings...So my item drop rate was 461 and 411 respectively...and not a single covenant item!?

This leaves bitter taste as my favourite game series finishes in such manner, as a broken and frustrated stupid piece of shit grind!!!

I totally agree. I didn't see my first Proof until my THIRD hour of farming. And I was using a LUCK build. ( Anri Sword with 99 luck, golden serpent ring, crystal rapier, symbol of avarice, consuming rusted coin every time). Simply ridiculous and a smear on the game's total image.

Last night results - 2 hours of boosting and 5 proofs of concord dropped. 2 out of five were dropped by the first silver knight and other 3 were dropped by the third knight. Item drop rate steady on 411....I wonder if these is any sense in rearranging my stats so my luck goes higher than 11 which is now at the moment? 

Oh and by the way, I was saving my souls and not spending them in order not to level up so high (staying around 120 for connecting with others), so when I finished my third playthrough I was up for 5 million souls...and with this boost I went to 7.5 million souls - which were all lost last night since my mind went numb with this stupid shit boost so I forgot to use ember and get my health up, and silver knight got me before I was able to recover my souls. :facepalm:

As possibly a further tip, I found killing the knights very quick with the Dragonslayer Greataxe, two handed heavy attack slams them into the ground, then a quick hit to finish them off if you don't one-shot them.   I guess a lot depends on levels, stats and weapon upgrades but it was sweet revenge to trash them so easily.  Other heavy weapons might do the same but I'm sure they were weak to lightning, iirc, so it is useful, and very quick.   Just judge the range and time the attack, not too hard to do consistently, and yeah, kill the 3rd knight too the same way.

The farming in DS3 was worse than pure bladestone, glad it's over with!  :P

• Like 1

This might be total rubbish and I was simply very lucky but I found that if I hadn't gotten a drop in about 10 runs I'd return to Firelink Shrine quickly before continuing. I often got a drop in the first 1-3 runs after returning from FS and this happened pretty damn consistently. I doubt I spent more than 5-6 hours in total farming these items.

• Like 3

This might be total rubbish and I was simply very lucky but I found that if I hadn't gotten a drop in about 10 runs I'd return to Firelink Shrine quickly before continuing. I often got a drop in the first 1-3 runs after returning from FS and this happened pretty damn consistently. I doubt I spent more than 5-6 hours in total farming these items.

This is the best advice that anyone can give you, at least it seems that worked for me just fine! Thank you for sharing this EternalWarriorVI!

Basically I didn`t even wait for 10 no-item runs to go back to Firelink Shrine....if in the 4th run I was empty-handed I would go back and return again to Anor Londo....I got my proofs of concord in the either 1-4 runs....Of course I got some runs which didn`t get me desired item, but this method seemed as to be working in opposing just sitting at Anor Londo bonfire and grinding those silver knights without traveling anywhere.

Oddly enough, no item ever fell from the second knight but 2/3 of the items were dropped from the third red-eyed silver knight, so I can recommend to anyone who is trying to get his platinum - definitely go all the way and kill the third knight!  

Good luck!

• Like 1