Having major troubles against the Death Knights

Think they're called the Death Knights - huge glowing green guys with mahoosive blades and shields.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I'm at the circular sawblade arena just before the first fight against Charon, where you have to kill a bunch of Harplings and two Death Knights.  The birds are easy, but for the life of me, I cannot kill even one of the Knights.  I'm going into the fight with almost full health, but only enough magic to perform a single attack before the gauge is emptied.  There are no health/magic chests in here to restock from, which doesn't help. 

Any tips for how to kill these guys?  I try using Plume of Prometheus or some other heavy attack to break a shield, but the other guy comes up and batters me whilst I'm doing that.  Their overhead swings can't be blocked, and I can't always roll far enough away to avoid their attacks, which inflict a lot of damage.  If I had more magic, then this probably wouldn't be too big a deal, but I don't, and I don't really feel like starting over again just yet.  Most of the videos I've watched of this section show the player with ample magic, so they're not too much help.  I'm going nuts trying to do well enough to kill even one of these guys!

• 2 months later...

I went into one of the saw blade quadrants and just pounded away with (Square) until I saw them going to attack and then used Efreet to interrupt them (avoid damage) and break their shields. 

Rinse and repeat and you should be able to QTE kill them after 4 or 5 Efreets.

• 5 months later...

In case this will help someone someday, 

what worked for was kill all the birds with O, then break their shield with the square-square-triangle combo, after which if you start parrying their attacks just at the right time it buys you enough time to spam triangles or squares and if it starts launching the the next attack parry and repeat.  Try this and eventually you will get used.

It's rather quite simple even in God mode.

• Like 1