Drift tips?

Not getting anywhere near the 3 star scores on the drifts, without a handbrake it's hard to kick it into a slide and get any meaningful points each corner.

Anyone with a bit more drifting proficiency out there got some tips to bag the big bucks?

• Like 1

So far the only one drift race I haven't 3-starred was the special event using the Braking Bad car, the map makes it harder.

For the championships, I still have 1 drift race for the 1st championship for Super Cars.

Edited by ipot_04

So far the only one drift race I haven't 3-starred was the special event using the Braking Bad car, the map makes it harder.

For the championships, I still have 1 drift race for the 1st championship for Super Cars.

The Braking Bad drifting event was the only one I've tried, I thought they were all impossible like that!

Braking Bad is most definitely the hardest one because of how sharp of a turn it takes to hit drift mode in the RV. Biggest tip I can give is to use the first boost for the corner to get an extra 5 to 6k off the initial turn. Beyond that you have to learn how to keep just enough of an angle on the final turn before the end of the lap to stay in drift mode but keep your speed up. I honestly only used 2 boosts per lap. One at the beginning and one at the end. I was always worried about hitting a wall in the middle snake like section.

The ones after Braking Bad are kind of a joke so far. The cars you get become so slippery with drift tires on that you can literally just whip your car back and forth on a straight away and keep your drift score going up. Which actually leads to another tip. You keep going in the stage if your drift score is getting tallied. Don't stop. If you're short by a few thousand then try to do a donut to eke out the final bit of points. This is what makes the later cars so much easier. I had a 200,000 drift score in 'one' drift because you can keep it up for so long on some of these tracks with how easy they ride.

Just think of Braking Bad as the hard training before you get the fun drift cars, heh.

Actually there's a cheap way to do them, that was posted on ps3.org..

Just do donots near the start line or any other place that's wide enough (kind of hard to start to poll them off consistently, but it's possible).

Still it's a pain to do.. I only did 3 of them so far.

• Like 1

Donuts donuts DONUTS

Find an open are, normally around start/finish

Sometimes you can hold it flat, other times just letting off the throttle a little here and there to keep the drift going

TTR Legend Cup

Back to 80's

In front off giant robot, can be held flat

More to come..........

I did donuts in the braking bad car, if you can find other places we can do that would be very much appreciated.

I also found that using turbo while drifting would boost the score significantly but its riskier than donuts.

Also should we mess with stats when trying to improve drift scores? Des anyone know what cars are better for these?

Actually there's a cheap way to do them, that was posted on ps3.org..

Just do donots near the start line or any other place that's wide enough (kind of hard to start to poll them off consistently, but it's possible).

Still it's a pain to do.. I only did 3 of them so far.

lol. I haven't tried doing donuts yet.

I'll try it later for Braking Bad.

I did donuts in the braking bad car, if you can find other places we can do that would be very much appreciated.

I also found that using turbo while drifting would boost the score significantly but its riskier than donuts.

Also should we mess with stats when trying to improve drift scores? Des anyone know what cars are better for these?

In the garage, while you're selecting a car it would say how good that car is for drifting

Edited by ipot_04

SPECIAL EVENTS

Street Racers   (pro)

Yo Sushi

At the very begining, left of the taps, there's a menu on the ground

I struggled to get this in a donut drift but got there after a few attempts

I found getting the points started, then continuous on/off throttle was the way

No brakes at all, just dabbing the throttle consistantly

I found this one to be the hardest, actually. Took by far the longest time to find the rhythm required for it. Thanks for the rundown.

I was really struggling with drift challenges, then i found out about the Rally's Cool 72 being the only car with "Fantastic" in  drifting, after that i made all of the remaining drift challenges without reseting more than once.

Drifting is actually easier in this than the Vita game, though it can still be tricky. 

I haven't quite got the hang of it either, but take corners wide, and tilt the control stick back and forth while doing so.

Also use the boost while drifting or after as it adds a lot to your score. 

Has anyone tried playing with the handling settings, like does having handling maxed out hold you back from getting more slideways?

I turned the handling settings all the way down..and you can do 1 long continous drift around the track..just make sure you pick up power ups to launch your car when you get to the straightaway.

Took me about 30 attempts and a couple of times getting to 800-900 thousand to just biff the wall and lose it all before i got it.

Good luck.

Edited by jeff24dupont

I actually didn't find the Braking Bad drift event that bad. Super Car events are giving me troubles though.

One tip:

When you go into the garage and look at the upgrades on the car there's the availability to tune it using L1/R1 on each statline. Reduce them all as far as possible (using L1), it makes the cars handle much better for drifting.

• Like 2

I actually didn't find the Braking Bad drift event that bad. Super Car events are giving me troubles though.

One tip:

When you go into the garage and look at the upgrades on the car there's the availability to tune it using L1/R1 on each statline. Reduce them all as far as possible (using L1), it makes the cars handle much better for drifting.

Thank you! Tuning down the cars made the cult and street drift events very easy. I've never been able to do a donut but tuning down helped a lot. I still haven to clear the super car drift events though, tuning down didn't help as much there.

*edit*

I finally cleared the super car drift events. I tuned down the car completely for the 1st, and tuned up max speed and acceleration to the max but kept handling down for the 1 million drift. I still can't do a donut, but it turned out alright. Learning the track and where to use a boost and where not to, helped a lot.

Edited by de_digibeet
  • Like 1

Just did all the events and got my plat. 
As almost everyone said before, expecially for the very last drifting event, turn the handling all the way down to 2 and you'll be able to get drifting the whole lap everytime using only 2 boosts.
A little suggestion: i tried out of desperation doing donuts, and getting the right timing, in my opinion at least, is longer than doing the event in the right way, so.. just set the handling right and you'll get every star way faster!

• Like 1

Just did all the events and got my plat. 

As almost everyone said before, expecially for the very last drifting event, turn the handling all the way down to 2 and you'll be able to get drifting the whole lap everytime using only 2 boosts.

A little suggestion: i tried out of desperation doing donuts, and getting the right timing, in my opinion at least, is longer than doing the event in the right way, so.. just set the handling right and you'll get every star way faster!

I was able to do all the drifting events with fully upgraded vehicles.