'The Last of Us 2' could be announced at E3 in June

You must be into some really shitty games then.

Meh I'd rather see a new IP fron ND. Not a fan of either Uncharted or TLoU.

If there is a sequel (which lets be honest, a game as successful as TLoU is going to have another entry) I really want the game to be about someone other than Joel and Ellie. I feel their story ended perfectly and some references to them in the new game would be great but I'd prefer to play as someone else. Of course if Naughty Dog decide to make Joel and Ellie the main characters again I'm sure they can make it work.

Parker

Are you kidding me? OF COURSE IT'LL WORK THAT'S WHAT EVERYONE WANTS!

Gentlemen, lets not insult members because they happen to have a different opinion on what a good games is, okay? You enjoy TLoU, good for you, I agree but that doesn't mean everyone has to share that opinion and saying someone must be into some really shitty games is certainly not an appropriate response. Please act like adults and discuss without insulting someone else or their taste in games. 

Parker

• Like 3

I think the story, setting, lore and interaction between the main two characters are amazing. The game-play tho is garbage and slow, other than that, Last of Us is easily one of the best games to come out seventh generation.

I think the story, setting, lore and interaction between the main two characters are amazing. The game-play tho is garbage and slow, other than that, Last of Us is easily one of the best games to come out seventh generation.

i found the gameplay to be one of the best that i have experienced in a game to be honest, i don't know how to describe but it was pretty comfortable and just couldn't find anything negative to say about it, it also fits with its adventure and exploration theme, being a game focused a lot on story and not some fast paced game like COD. it also influenced the gameplay of the evil within and RE revelations 2 (also barry's campaing and his appearance are like a straight rip-off from TLOU and joel lol).

That would be true, except I'm not into Uncharted or The Last Of Us ... So ... :popcorn:

yep, only the shittiest games gets 90+ scores on metacritic.

Edited by smellslikejavier

yep, only the shittiest games gets 90+ scores on metacritic.

Chill, only giving back what he gave..

MGS5 got a 93 on metacritic, don't get me wrong it's not a bad game, but 93? xD Yeah, I don't bother with review scores.

Edited by LetsTurnJu-On
  • Like 2

Personally I loved The Last of Us so I'd be over the moon at an announcement of a 2nd game. For me Ellie and Joel are done though. The ending was perfect. Nothing else needs to be said. Give us a whole new set of characters and see how they deal with that world. They can keep the multiplayer exactly the same though. Hot damn that was like crack to me

one of the most award-winning games of all time with nearly 250 GOTYs earned is just "alright enough i guess", well everyone has different tastes.

I could care less about how many awards a game gets, if I think its overrated then its overrated to me. I'm not overly impressed with high production value as I am with innovative and fun gameplay...while TLOU did deliver on the former, the core gameplay was that of a mediocre survival horror game at best. The story was good but not great imo. Overall, I thought it was a "good" not "great" and certainly not an "excellent" game.

Meh? You serious?

Dead serious. Problem?

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1

I could care less about how many awards a game gets, if I think its overrated then its overrated to me. I'm not overly impressed with high production value as I am with innovative and fun gameplay...while TLOU did deliver on the former, the core gameplay was that of a mediocre survival horror game at best. The story was good but not great imo. Overall, I thought it was a "good" not "great" and certainly not an "excellent" game.

I've said this same thing and people look at me like I'm crazy. TLOU's greatness derives from good acting and someone who could write their way out of a paper bag. Take any of those things away and you're left with a third person shooter that's not particularly groundbreaking.

• Like 2

I wasn't too impressed with TLOU and though people praised it WAAAY too much. People literally are talking like its the best game in human history. It's good for one playtrough to expierence the story ,but other than that there's ZERO replay value . Maybe TLOU 2 will be better ,but i don't think so.

• Like 2

Dead serious. Problem?

hqdefault.jpg

There's no pleasing some people.

I wasn't too impressed with TLOU and though people praised it WAAAY too much. People literally are talking like its the best game in human history. It's good for one playtrough to expierence the story ,but other than that there's ZERO replay value . Maybe TLOU 2 will be better ,but i don't think so.

Silence, TLOU is the #1 of all time. Period.

That would be true, except I'm not into Uncharted or The Last Of Us ... So ... :popcorn:

Wut

I don't think we'll see anything big this year. At most, they'll show a short 5 second teaser. It'll be a shot of some destroyed building with vegetation growing on it, and then "Last of Us 2" will fade on the screen. Fanboys all across the world will start screaming "OMG GREATEST GAME EVER!!!!" "Thank you Naughty God" "Sony wins E3" and so on.

I'm on the side of people who think Last of Us was alright. I'd rather see a new IP from Naughty Dog, something that can show off their creativity. Crash and Jak were great for that. Uncharted was a Indiana Jones wannabe, and Last of Us uses some of the most cliche and overdone elements of the last 10 years (post apocalyptic setting, zombies, humans banding together and something something emotional connection).

I guess we'll just have to wait until they finish the Last of Us trilogy first.

• Like 2

TLoU is my favourite game ever, by far, but I swear some fans are so obnoxious it's painful to read sometimes.

On topic though, an official announcement of any kind would make me very happy. :D I will defo be getting every available version of everything TLoU 2 related.  :lol:

• Like 1

I've said a dozen times before and I'll say it again - The Last of Us stands as an achievement in cinematic storytelling, art, and gaming as a medium. It is perfect the way it is, and does not, nor will it ever need, a prequel, sequel or spin-off in any format or other form of media. While I say this, I do admit that I have also expressed desire to see a sequel, but that does not mean it should happen. Naughty Dog achieved something few developers are capable of, and while they are masters at the art, I would be utterly disappointed to see a new entry tear everything TLOU achieved down or at least not live up to the expectations and standards the previous game built.

TL;DR the game is perfect as is and it doesn't need anything added on to it.

Zero replay value? Right because the dozens of collectibles and unlockable content, not to mention Grounded Mode serve absolutely no purpose and are there only to be gawked at.

Edited by Harley Quinn
  • Like 1