Persona 5: PV 4 + (JP) Release Date & Collector's Edition

Xel

I made this thread to include everything announced for Persona 5 today. I've unlocked it. Feel free to give me a warning.

I'll let this one slide as you have included more info than just the release date. Don't ever unlock one of your threads again without PMing me first to discuss it. Consider that a friendly warning.

This is one of those moments where I wish I could have Japanese already mastered.

While somewhat 'spoilerish' imo, this was amazing. I totally love the fact that the bosses have more personality outside being mere shadows of people. I heard the word Akuma somewhere, does that mean that they will be inclined towards that kind of creature?

On the other hand, it definitely looks darker than P4, even the cover itself gives me the vibes that it's more close to a SMT game. That is definitely another solid change.

Lastly, the bizarre settings seem to have variety. Some are so out of context but they still work xD

But eh, why did they choose that voice for Igor? I remember the original voice actor passed on but couldn't they find something more...similar?

Now about the collectors...With all due respect, but so far, I've seen better...

Does someone know about those Izanagi pics there? Are they going to be exclusive personas to use if you buy this edition?

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

Mandatory DLC about P3 and P4.

But to sum up everything, I'm hyped af.

I need a PS3 release in America. I'm not buying a PS4 until more details about 4K.

Edited by Katt

I just noticed: apart from Golden (which was a remake), this is the first new mainline Persona game without the Shin Megami Tensei surtitle. Seems like they really are trying to make Persona its own thing.

Sure hope there's also a PS3 Collector's Edition. Doesn't seem like the kind of game that will actually benefit from the PS4's increased horsepower and PS3's cheaper anyway, so...

When will they have a release date in US? :(

Wait for E3.

I was bored so I took some screenshots from PV4. Some of them look nice as wallpaper. Shame that quality is pretty low, even though I set video quality to FullHD... youtube compression, I guess.

tLgNGRU.jpg

FXY9xbA.jpg

sfOGolT.jpg

toUNSKU.jpg

kYFJ30S.jpg

EDIT.:

For those who plan on getting the PS3 version (like me) John Hardin (AtlusUSA PR manager) confirmed it's still coming to PS3 as planned. 

jDEofix.png

Edited by Rollers23
  • Like 4

THE HYPE TRAIN HAS ONCE AGAIN BEEN GIVEN A BOOST.

The game looks amazing. I love the new characters, the jobs, the new stealth aspect the game seems to have... I love everything. The collector's edition looks pretty sweet as well. Especially the CD's and the art book. As a great admirer of the Persona series' OSTs and Soejima's works, these are almost a necessity for me to have in my collection.

I'd preorder and import every single copy of the game if I could, goddamnit.

THE HYPE TRAIN HAS ONCE AGAIN BEEN GIVEN A BOOST.

(...)

I'd preorder and import every single copy of the game if I could, goddamnit.

And leave nothing for the rest of us?! You're evil! :S

Edited by jrdemr
  • Like 1

>Hardin

>reliable info

Oh really :awesome:

It's not like everything he says is a lie :P Yeah, he fucked up with release date info in 2015 but you can't bash him forever for this xD

I'll take Hardn's word over no info any day.

Edited by Rollers23

The P3/4 DLC is kinda cool I guess. It still kinda rubs me the wrong way to see the newer Persona games ignore P1/2, not like I've ever gotten so huge into the series anyway (unless you count Arena, but... would you?). But P5 is shaping up to be an EXCELLENT entry point for the games proper :D

I'd like to get a better idea of the gameplay and progression systems, like a better look at how Social Links and Personas work. But we have a lot of interesting footage that probably is a lot more meaningful with the Japanese text, like that calendar. And the dungeon crawling looks like some of the best I've seen in any JRPG! No layout seems generic, and you have a lot of mobility that brings platformers more easily to mind than an RPG, which gets me excited just for exploring the dungeons alone. And stealth takedowns on "random encounters" sounds like an excellently fitting twist to the "preemptive strike" mechanic!

Edited by CediFonei