Expired and No Longer Available

Malik

Okay this is weird ...

first. I have just cause 2 downloaded from psn store for free (ps plus) on my ps3

And the problem is that, when I played earlier today and was trying to finish the last 2 trophies i have left for plat, the game suddenly froze and I was returned to PS menu...

Now when i try to play the game I get the message "The content has exired and is no longer avaible" ?! dafuq is this !!

Can you only play it for free in a certain period ?!!!

2 trophies left for plat :(

Edited by Malik

did you play without an internet connection? I have been trying to tell people about this but no one seems to understand.

Internet connection is all ok ...

2 sec, trying to see if i can play any of the other freebies

Edited by Malik

oh ... checking ...checking ...checking ..

Shit, you were right

Starts: 07/06/2012

Expires 05/09/2012

oh well, i guess i have to renew it ... damn Sony, clever bastards :shakefist: they know how to make money.

Edited by Malik

oh ... checking ...checking ...checking ..

Shit, you were right

Starts: 07/06/2012

Expires 05/09/2012

oh well, i guess i have to renew it ... damn Sony, clever bastards :shakefist: they know how to make money.

did you transpose numbers? you said it expires two months before it starts...

Im still a little confused... so did your subscription run out for PS+?

Europeans (I guess the rest of the world) write their date different Piggy.....June 6th to Sep 5th- 3 month PS+ subscription I'm guessing

Edited by broy300

LOL... whoops! I didn't think of that...

I pay for a year at a time because i feel like i get more bang for my buck... mine should expire in the next few months i think...

anyway, back on topic... so free games only last as long as the Plus membership right? so according to his last post his membership was up as of today and thus couldn't play the game anymore... am i hearing that right?

LOL... whoops! I didn't think of that...

I pay for a year at a time because i feel like i get more bang for my buck... mine should expire in the next few months i think...

anyway, back on topic... so free games only last as long as the Plus membership right? so according to his last post his membership was up as of today and thus couldn't play the game anymore... am i hearing that right?

yes, when your sub runs out no more playing. however, if you get a game it still has an expiry for when your offline, so even if your a ps+ member, you cant always play offline.

In EU its day/month/year :)

Yeah my subscription for PS + ran out ... Had to renew it.

Yeah, the proper way to display the date! :P

I prefer the US Navy's date format: dd MMM yyyy (e.g. today would be 05 SEP 2012) :P

On topic: I believe only games that were free for PS+ expire correct? If you purchased a game with a PS+ discount you get to play it forever, right?

Edited by bmj14772
  • Like 1

I prefer the US Navy's date format: dd MMM yyyy (e.g. today would be 05 SEP 2012) :P

On topic: I believe only games that were free for PS+ expire correct? If you purchased a game with a PS+ discount you get to play it forever, right?

correct, if its a discount there is no issue. yours for good even if you never choose to go back to being a plus member

• Like 1

i don't like the whole play online thing... its kinda dumb... what if i don't feel like playing online? To be honest sometimes i play offline just so i won't be bothered by messages (i will never ignore a message out of respect unless im AFK)... Sometimes i wish you can be online without being seen... maybe there should be a switch to ninja mode so you can still be surfing the PSN store but not be shown online or something...

its a little controlling having to be online to play a game but then again it is a FREE game after all... <_<

• Like 1