It seems like Crash Bandicoot is returning to Sony *Speculation*

MarsipanRumpan

New proof that Crash is returning has surfaced. Neo Cortex voice actor made a post basically stating he will resurrect a doctor from an old game. (Full post down below) however note he also voices Doctor Doom from Marvel and F4.

Then further proof came up from Uncharted 4 just short while after. Uncharted 4 is releasing in a couple of days, and if you didn't know, there is a huge Crash easter egg in it. (Won't say what, but there is one) In the credits however there isn't a single mention of Activision what so ever, what is weird about this is that in their artbook from 2014 they had mentions for Activision everywhere Crash was visible.

Ofcourse this just ads to all of their previous teased. And by the way, what is Mark Cernys team doing atm? Knack 2? Or maybe, a return of a little bandicoot? ;)

What do you think of this? :P Im super stoked if it happens.

Sources:

Uncharted Credits (NO SPOILERS): http://www.releases.com/posts/c0fd7258-6e9c-4da9-ba73-0c4f904bf6f8

Neo Cortex VA: http://i.imgur.com/SvwulNh.jpg

Edited by MarsipanRumpan
  • Like 3

Sounds like wishful thinking. Jak got name-checked in The Last of Us, didn't result in a new Jak game. Daniel Tosh name-checks Arn Anderson all the time, doesn't mean Arn Anderson is coming back.

THAT'S RIGHT ARN ANDERSON, I'M CALLING YOU OUT!

• Like 4

Sounds like wishful thinking. Jak got name-checked in The Last of Us, didn't result in a new Jak game. Daniel Tosh name-checks Arn Anderson all the time, doesn't mean Arn Anderson is coming back.

THAT'S RIGHT ARN ANDERSON, I'M CALLING YOU OUT!

Haha

It's difficult for me to treat these sources as absolute proof of a new Crash game by Sony, but gatdurnit, I HOPE that's the case, especially with all of that previous teasing we've seen! It's been too long since we've had a must-buy mascot platformer for Sony systems! Knack was OK, but just OK. The new R&C is excellent, but it feels less like a platformer and more like a TPS.

As someone who grew up largely on platformers, there's not much that could excite me more than an icon of the genre returning to his roots, with the power of modern AAA developers at his back for a simple, pure hallway-based box breaking simulator. The more I think about it, the more I'm looking forward to Sony's E3... '3'

This would be great if it happens although i'd much rather jak 4.

With two Doctors its a 50/50 chance that Neo will be returning. This doesn't necessarily mean in a game though. 

Edited by Gibbo_0113

Do you guys really want a Crash Bandicoot game? Don't let nostalgia deceive you.

I played Crash on PS1 as a kid, sure, but I barely remember it. Bought and downloaded the first 3 games last year for the Vita, and... although it's definitely not the best PS1 platformer imo, it's certainly a lot of fun and I'd love a new game.

Although, if I'm honest, I would love a game like Twinsanity instead. I feel like I'm the only one that loved that game.

• Like 1

I played Crash on PS1 as a kid, sure, but I barely remember it. Bought and downloaded the first 3 games last year for the Vita, and... although it's definitely not the best PS1 platformer imo, it's certainly a lot of fun and I'd love a new game.

Although, if I'm honest, I would love a game like Twinsanity instead. I feel like I'm the only one that loved that game.

I agree with you, Twinsanity was lots of fun.

Do you guys really want a Crash Bandicoot game? Don't let nostalgia deceive you.

Definitely!

I picked up Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2 from a charity store a few months ago and 100%ing them again was just as much fun as when I played them as a kid.

These and the original Spyro trilogy are games I regularly go back to and they're always as fun as I remember.

Crash returning with the original style of gameplay would be amazing.

Naughty Dog doing the Crash game would be a Day 0.

I know ND's usual thought process is to stray away from doing too many entries of series, which is why Crash and Jak both went on to different developers. But, if they do this... expect a new Crash game to come out with 9 or 10/10 reviews unanimously.

Very clever analysis.

I'm wondering how big this easter egg is and if it's big enough to actually require a reference at the end.

Either way, a Crash Bandicoot easter egg is present in this game, and wasn't shown in The Last of Us (BOTH Jak & Daxter AND Uncharted had their own easter eggs in the form of dolls, board games etc) so that could mean Naughty Dog have their Bandicoot back. 

I'll have to see this easter egg for my own eyes to believe it and fully board the hype train though.