It seems like Crash Bandicoot is returning to Sony *Speculation*

MarsipanRumpan

Very clever analysis.

I'm wondering how big this easter egg is and if it's big enough to actually require a reference at the end.

Lets just say its a pretty big chunk. Its not a reference, its not like the precursor orb or Last of Us new paper. This easter egg is HUGE, like 30 second cutscene huge lol, lets just leave it at that.

• Like 1

If ND and Sony really did an easter egg about Crash on UC4 it definitely means something.They've been treating Crash as if it never was their game for years now...last time I saw ND mention Crash was in a PSBlog post in christmas 2014 or so where they added Crash's face on a christmas tree.Its been years since they're acting as if Jak was their 1st PS game and simply ignoring Crash.A Crash easter egg on UC4 is something big and definitely something to build hope into.Need to see with ma own eyes as well.

Never searched about it but I still wonder why the bloody hell Sony sold Crash to activision.Guess they were high lol.

Anyway I hope this is true Crash is a relic from ma memories and it was sad to see those horrible PS2 games minus Wrath of the Cortex which was still good and still had that Crash feel.They don't even need to give it to ND...give it to Sanzaru and they'll bring Crash back on its finest. 

Saw the UC4 Easter Egg. LOTS Of screentime (Almost 2 mins!) Hell Yes if this speculation leads to a Crash game! We need awesome platformers!

Yeah, its sick. I was like holy shit is this for real? And they don't even credit Activision thats why it MUST be proof for something atleast... :P

If ND and Sony really did an easter egg about Crash on UC4 it definitely means something.They've been treating Crash as if it never was their game for years now...last time I saw ND mention Crash was in a PSBlog post in christmas 2014 or so where they added Crash's face on a christmas tree.Its been years since they're acting as if Jak was their 1st PS game and simply ignoring Crash.A Crash easter egg on UC4 is something big and definitely something to build hope into.Need to see with ma own eyes as well.

Never searched about it but I still wonder why the bloody hell Sony sold Crash to activision.Guess they were high lol.

Yeah, he was in a ND artbook in 2014 also but there was a lot of Activision mentions everywhere in that book. I belive their logo was on every page Crash was on. :P

The easter egg is huge, trust me. Like straight out HUGE, its in a cutscene and visible for like 2 minutes more or less.

Well Sony didn't owe it, Universal did. And they sold Spyro and Crash for Activision for a huge sum :P

If Crash come back, would you want a platformer? An adventure game? What place does Crash has in today's market?

Well Im not sure. But what place does he have? I've wondered that too, but Ratchet & Clank is the best selling in the franschise so far and it sold best in UK wich a Sony first party haven't done since Last of Us remastered in 2014. So they definitely have a place. Plus Crash has huge nostalgia worth on older gamers + a lot of the ones that played Crash surely has kids now. It would literally sell like hot cakes or whatever :P
  • Like 1

I agree with you, Twinsanity was lots of fun.

Twinsanity was one of the few post-Naughty Dog games that felt like it really cared about the series, and it was a real shame it was as half baked as it was because there were a lot of fun little moments in there, and Lex Lang as Cortex was brilliant. I hear it was becase of a rushed deadline, and the gems were essentially put in there I think to show all of the cut content almost out of spite for the publisher. 

If true, which I doubt because the rights are held by Konami(and we all know what they think of console games now) I would be stoked. Nostalgia!

Activision hold the rights not Konami, they just helped publish some of the PS2 ones, unless all this speculation is correct and now Sony has bagged the rights, who knows at this stage.

And just so everyone is clear: Sony never owned the IP to Crash, or Spyro for that matter. They were both always owned by Universal Interactive (which became Vivendi Games and later absorbed into Activision). Sony only published the PS1 games, as did Konami with The Wrath of Cortex. However, the source code in the first three Crash games is copyrighted to Naughty Dog so in that respect Sony owns a piece of those ones but never the Crash IP itself.

Activision hold the rights not Konami, they just helped publish some of the PS2 ones, unless all this speculation is correct and now Sony has bagged the rights, who knows at this stage.

And just so everyone is clear: Sony never owned the IP to Crash, or Spyro for that matter. They were both always owned by Universal Interactive (which became Vivendi Games and later absorbed into Activision). Sony only published the PS1 games, as did Konami with The Wrath of Cortex. However, the source code in the first three Crash games is copyrighted to Naughty Dog so in that respect Sony owns a piece of those ones but never the Crash IP itself.

Ahh that's right my apologies. It certainly is a messy situation. If sony did in fact buy it despite the messy situation, I'd be shocked, but very happy

Whenever someone says they want a new Crash game I always say

It's not gonna happen any time soon, go play Knack, it's essentially Crash 4 in my eyes as it feels like an HD version of one of the PS1 ones, but with a Toblerone instead of a bandicoot.

He could have just been told to say that.

Cool, still though thats not the most important thing here. How come ND doesn't even credit them for the easter egg?

Yeah because if they didnt credit them when Activision still had the rights then Sony would have a big lawsuit on their hand now. 

I'm scared for Crash... It's been too long, and everyone that had worked on Crash has aged or either laid off. I really hope it'll be a good one if the series try to resurrect a old dead mascot. I probably won't be a release day supporter though. Just couldn't dig into these amazing kiddy platformer games anymore. Must be the age and the many choices of games these days.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

I'm scared for Crash... It's been too long, and everyone that had worked on Crash has aged or either laid off. I really hope it'll be a good one if the series try to resurrect a old dead mascot. I probably won't be a release day supporter though. Just couldn't dig into these amazing kiddy platformer games anymore. Must be the age and the many choices of games these days.

I'm pretty sure Mark Cerny worked on Crash, he definitely was with naughty dog. That's probably why Knack feels so much like crash, he probably envisioned it to be that way. Imo at least

After seeing what they did to Crash, I'm not sure I want ND to develop a new Crash game...

The boulder is a lot slower than it is in the original game... which, from the looks of it, makes any sort of challenge the level had a moot point, and that was Crash 1's strong point imo - the difficulty. 

After seeing what they did to Crash, I'm not sure I want ND to develop a new Crash game...

The boulder is a lot slower than it is in the original game... which, from the looks of it, makes any sort of challenge the level had a moot point, and that was Crash 1's strong point imo - the difficulty.

You mean in the Easter egg? I've heard it's difficulty corresponds to the overall Uncharted 4 difficulty setting. I've only played it on Crushing so far but I actually found it harder than the original (which I have on PS1 and last played only a few months back).

Yeah, he was in a ND artbook in 2014 also but there was a lot of Activision mentions everywhere in that book. I belive their logo was on every page Crash was on. :P

The easter egg is huge, trust me. Like straight out HUGE, its in a cutscene and visible for like 2 minutes more or less.

Well Sony didn't owe it, Universal did. And they sold Spyro and Crash for Activision for a huge sum :P

When you said huge and visible in a cut-scene for 2 minutes I thought it was something like a cut-scene rolling and a big Crash poster in the back but damn...it's unbelievably insane.And now that you said it I remember universal logo in the opening of the games,always thought it was Sony's.

• Like 1