Helldivers Galatic Campaign

ANBU_Sharingan

Hmm I allready got started Helldivers few months ago but dont actually played it, and after seeing this topic i got a little comeback complete 2 planets and trophy peace and prosperity pop today so its not imposible (my main character is lvl.3 lol) dunno about the other trophy.

• 2 weeks later...

Still seems like this game is verging on the status of unplattable for anyone who hasn't already done so.  We're now almost 6 weeks into the current war and little real progress is being made; the Illuminates are constantly on the verge of reaching Super Earth.  The devs really should adjust the game so that it can adjust the influence depending on how many people are actively playing the game at any given time.  Adjusting it to the point where a war can be fairly easily won by 1,000 people or less would be ideal, because the player count doesn't seem to get much higher than 1,500 most of the time.

Still seems like this game is verging on the status of unplattable for anyone who hasn't already done so.  We're now almost 6 weeks into the current war and little real progress is being made; the Illuminates are constantly on the verge of reaching Super Earth.  The devs really should adjust the game so that it can adjust the influence depending on how many people are actively playing the game at any given time.  Adjusting it to the point where a war can be fairly easily won by 1,000 people or less would be ideal, because the player count doesn't seem to get much higher than 1,500 most of the time.

that´s what i keep saying , but also players should let super earth be conquered instead of filling up the progress bar, as it gets easier every time we loose it . But unfortunately no one gets it.

i can´t believe we are still defending super earth , checked this morning we were loosing , now in the afternoon we are winning already. The players don´t know it gets easier each time we loose home base, we are never going to reach the enemy home planet  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  by 2018 we are still in this same war i believe

Edited by ANBU_Sharingan

So, from what I'm understanding, part of the game (whatever this particular trophy hoopla is about) is just on autopilot? The world needs to be lost to reduce difficulty, but people keep jumping in and not giving up? If that's the case, I feel like I should just install the game, get in on that part and let it run its course and then eventually get around to all the other trophies. Seems like eventually the people who got in on this war will get their trophy, it's just going to take time.

Hmm... Well first things first it would help if you actually named the trophies you are claiming to be unobtainable so we don't have to go looking through the trophy list and assuming we understand you.

If what you're saying is true regarding not making progress, then perhaps a better way to go about this would be to host a we play. It is an UR plat after all. Trying to generating some interest in the game instead of venting might be a better strategy. Calling this plat impossible will only diminish the player base.

I believe this is our best course of action.

that´s what i keep saying , but also players should let super earth be conquered instead of filling up the progress bar, as it gets easier every time we loose it . But unfortunately no one gets it.

Problem is that most players, especially the non-trophy hunters, probably don't realize this.  If an enemy race reaches Super Earth, as the Illuminates have done several times during the current war, then most players will do their utmost to defeat them and protect Super Earth.  The best option may well be to allow ourselves to lose 3 or 4 consecutive wars and *then* make the push to win the war, given that it should be much easier by that point, but again, the problem is that as time goes on and wars are lost, many players will lose the motivation to keep playing.  The player base will diminish further and further, until eventually there are so few people still playing Helldivers that it becomes impossible for the community to make any kind of progress whatsoever, which will render the platinum unobtainable.

Part of me is tempted to just complete a few easy planets now, then abandon the game for, say, 6 months, and then log back in and get my Peace And Prosperity trophy.  Hopefully the player base would be able to win at least 1 war in that time, which would pop the trophy...

Yeah, the Bugs seem to be the only race that we're capable of holding off for now.  But we can't really make the final push to reach their homeworld when we're having to defend Super Earth every week or so.  We're trying to defend it right now for the second time in less than a week - we just can't push the Illuminates out of any sectors, so they're constantly on the verge of invading us, and the Cyborgs are only ever a sector or two away. 

If we do manage to take out the Bugs, I think a lot of the players who've been concentrating on them might actually stop playing the game until the war is won or lost, as they don't like fighting the other races.  So actually, defeating one race may not make things easier at all, even although it would unite everyone against two races instead of three, which would, you'd think, make the remainder of the war easier to handle.

Does anyone know how many Influence Points are actually required to conquer a sector?

Yeah, the Bugs seem to be the only race that we're capable of holding off for now.  But we can't really make the final push to reach their homeworld when we're having to defend Super Earth every week or so.  We're trying to defend it right now for the second time in less than a week - we just can't push the Illuminates out of any sectors, so they're constantly on the verge of invading us, and the Cyborgs are only ever a sector or two away. 

If we do manage to take out the Bugs, I think a lot of the players who've been concentrating on them might actually stop playing the game until the war is won or lost, as they don't like fighting the other races.  So actually, defeating one race may not make things easier at all, even although it would unite everyone against two races instead of three, which would, you'd think, make the remainder of the war easier to handle.

Does anyone know how many Influence Points are actually required to conquer a sector?

JESUS ! just when we were almost conquering the last area of the bugs in order to start invading their homeworld the players don´t care anymore about super earth , we will loose every progress we made with the bugs  . Time WASTED , by protecting super earth in this war those many times just to loose now. Can´t understand this . 

Okay folks, we're currently on the 10th and final Bug sector - let's try to make that final push and reach their Homeworld.  If we beat them, we'll take the Bugs out of the war, and thereby make the Cyborgs and Illuminates easier to beat, since we'll all be focused on 2 fronts as opposed to 3.  We can probably take the Bugs out by Friday or so if we hit 'em hard enough.

FREEEEEDDDOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

I keep hoping the OP will change the name of this thread... since it isn't actually true.

I'll jump on to help you all later. I've gotta grind kills anyway.

i think i was at some measure able to alert other players to this game difficult community campaign ( very low player base online)  , and perhaps help others with the same problem as i . Hope this great community defeats all the factions this time .

Well, it looks like the Bugs are about to be beaten, so when that happens, the game should become considerably easier, as we will only be fighting on two fronts from there on out.  If we then focus on, say, the Illuminates, and thrash them too, then the Cyborgs would be a piece of cake, since every one of us would have to fight them.

Keep it up, folks - let's all win this and celebrate with " a cup of LIBER-TEA!!!"