Battlefield 1 - Announcement Trailer

HeySumbode

I'll keep calling it Battlefield 5 lol. The game looks cool and all but I'm not a fan of them going all Xbox One with the name.

But it's not.... The 1 in the name refers to the Great War being the first modern battlefield in military history. Therefore the title makes sense.

As for the topic: I am not a Battlefield fan. However, DICE making the unheard of decision to return to a historical setting in a genre overpopulated by futuristic FPS games has won me over for this particular game. I will definitely be keeping a close eye on this one.

Now here's a game that I will soon play on xbox one: D

I just still don't understand why the game is called "BF1" and not BF5 ...once the first game actually called 1942 but it's okkkkkk :D

Because the Great War was the first modern battlefield.

• Like 1

I think its because world war 1, instead of name it battlefield ww1 or battlefield the great war

Yes i heard about that, the game will take place in the first world war.

what is awakening my interest in the game! even more so I'll be able to play BF1 a week before the launch on other platforms :D

Haven't played a Battlefield game since Battlefield 3, but this looks enticing. It looks like they might be able to pull off the setting by making it an alternative timeline (or just making it completely unrealistic). Either way, it looks like something other than Bad Company that might get me to play another Battlefield game. Of course, I'll have to get past all of the DLC and microtransactions it will have. Definitely not gonna invest $50+ into a freakin' MP mode that I might not put a ton of time into anyway.

BF 1943

I don't remember that one. xD

EDIT: Ah right, it's that awful F2P one.  I would've preferred you have chosen the much better BF 1942.

On topic:

This actually looks pretty darn interesting.  A shame these games are always more about the multiplayer, which I don't really care for.

Edited by Dreakon13

But it's not.... The 1 in the name refers to the Great War being the first modern battlefield in military history. Therefore the title makes sense.

As for the topic: I am not a Battlefield fan. However, DICE making the unheard of decision to return to a historical setting in a genre overpopulated by futuristic FPS games has won me over for this particular game. I will definitely be keeping a close eye on this one.

Because the Great War was the first modern battlefield.

World War 1 might have been the first great modern battlefield but the name still dosent make sense to me in terms of a chronological numbering timeline. I see what they are getting at with the numbering but it dosent really work. Just like the Xbox One.

And on this day, I would like to remember the pre-natal death of Infinite Warfare. It just wasn't meant to be. God bless your soul and rest in peace.

Seriously, Call of Duty is a goner after this. Fan of both, check my trophies, but man I was getting awfully tired of CoD ever since Black Ops 1. I'm one of the very few who absolutely loved Battlefield: Hardline because it was fresh, balanced and innovative but most of all, brave. Too bad they didn't sell more copies. I blame a lot of people who trashed it without having played it because it wasn't "Battlefield".

Modern Warfare 2 is still in my top 3 of favourite FPS games but the games just got worse and worse after Black Ops. I just hope they return to their roots like Battlefield is doing.

Edited by Bubblyfishes
  • Like 3

I don't remember that one. xD

EDIT: Ah right, it's that awful F2P one.  I would've preferred you have chosen the much better BF 1942.

On topic:

This actually looks pretty darn interesting.  A shame these games are always more about the multiplayer, which I don't really care for.

Battlefield 1943 is not free to play. Battlefield Free 2 Play on Origin is the bad one.

I'll keep calling it Battlefield 5 lol. The game looks cool and all but I'm not a fan of them going all Xbox One with the name.

It's a wordplay on the setting, i.e. World War I. The last FPS I devoted time to getting the platinum for was Modern Warfare 2. Looks like I'm getting pulled back into the genre now if this game lives up to what they promise.

I've bought and platinumed each Battlefield since Bad Company 2, so I never thought I would say this. Absolutely not interested. Though I am much less interested in the new CoD.

Thank the gaming gods for Dark Souls 3 or I wouldn't buy any release games this year . . .

I'm not the biggest fan of multiplayer shooters, but I've got to admit, this game has my interest. I'm already sick of all the futuristic shooters coming out these days, and WW1 is a time period not a lot of games have explored before. It's still up in the air if I'll get this or not considering EA's track record, but I'm at least cautiously optimistic.  :P

• Like 1

Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun.

I had a feeling it wasn't gonna be called 5 but 1 wasn't the best choice. It is unrealistic, but who wants realism in video games. A realistic WW1 game would be boring so you want it to stretch the truth a bit. I dont know how the multiplayer will work with trench warfare however. I think this could actually be a good campaign. Havnt got a good one since Bad Company 2 :D .  

I think Battlefield should have kept with the yearly naming theme so they should have called it Battlefield 1914(-18) anyone else? better than 1

Isn't {Battlefield: Hardline} the 5th game in the series?

Not even close. It was the 12th or 13th game in the series  ;)

Edited by Gibbo_0113