Battlefield 1 - Announcement Trailer

HeySumbode

If the Xbox One wasn't a thing, and I hadn't had 2 and a half years to accept that, I'd be pissing myself at such a stupid name. 

I just read that they partnered with Microsoft for this game. I guess thats why it was given a stupid name. Xbox one - Battlefield 1.

I just read that they partnered with Microsoft for this game. I guess thats why it was given a stupid name. Xbox one - Battlefield 1.

I suppose it just couldn't be because they wanted to draw comparisons between the game setting and WWI, then, as that would be to simplistic and straightforward an answer. Nay, the truth is likely some labyrinthine machination concocted by shifty-eyed game developers to...I don't know, help me fill in the blank?

• Like 1

I suppose it just couldn't be because they wanted to draw comparisons between the game setting and WWI, then, as that would be to simplistic and straightforward an answer. Nay, the truth is likely some labyrinthine machination concocted by shifty-eyed game developers to...I don't know, help me fill in the blank?

I dont quite understand what you are trying to say. Are you trying to offend me or are you just being a smart ass? Either way i was just sharing my opinion as to why i thought it was called 1. I see no problem in that.  ;)

Edited by Gibbo_0113

I dont quite understand what you are trying to say. Are you trying to offend me or are you just being a smart ass? Either way i was just sharing my opinion as to why i thought it was called 1. I see no problem in that.  ;)

No disrespect intended, but I couldn't be bothered trying to offend someone I don't know on the Internet. I'd rather play games after all!

On another note, this entire exchange really boils down to this: Occam's razor versus mental gymnastics. In other words, one solution, i.e. the simplest (the name "Battlefield 1" is a play on the first World War) can be arrived at using logic and reason, whereas the other (they likely chose that stupid name because they partnered with Microsoft: Xbox 1 -- Battlefield 1. It all makes sense now!) requires a...special type of tinfoil hat.

• Like 1

No disrespect intended, but I couldn't be bothered trying to offend someone I don't know on the Internet. I'd rather play games after all!

On another note, this entire exchange really boils down to this: Occam's razor versus mental gymnastics. In other words, one solution, i.e. the simplest (the name "Battlefield 1" is a play on the first World War) can be arrived at using logic and reason, whereas the other (they likely chose that stupid name because they partnered with Microsoft: Xbox 1 -- Battlefield 1. It all makes sense now!) requires a...special type of tinfoil hat.

I know the 1 can be related to the first world war (cmon im not that stupid) but what happens if they want to make a direct sequel to this? 2 is already taken. They named their World War 2 game 1942 and then the sequel 1943. With a World War 1 game they should have named  it 1914 and then a sequel 1915. So when they named it simply 1 it led me to believe that it was to connect to the Xbox or it was Microsoft's idea. That should explain my reasoning for the first post. :)    

Anyway, re watching the trailer im hoping the trains are in multiplayer. I cant wait to run over some people or kamikaze the enemy base :P .

Edited by Gibbo_0113

I was actually hyped for this, finally a WW shooter (I'm not a fan of any recent CoD or BF games). Until I just saw it's been leaked the campaign will only have 6 missions... Fuck that shit :(

Source: http://fraghero.com/battlefield-1-single-player-campaign-details-leaked-only-contains-six-missions/

Edited by LetsTurnJu-On

That will be disappointing, unless the 6 missions are actually 6 different theatres with sub missions in each one. (just grasping at straws really)

Western front

Gallipoli

Middle east

Air combat

Sea combat

Eastern front

I don't know just praying they haven't fucked this up with a 2 hour campaign. 

That will be disappointing, unless the 6 missions are actually 6 different theatres with sub missions in each one. (just grasping at straws really)

Western front

Gallipoli

Middle east

Air combat

Sea combat

Eastern front

I don't know just praying they haven't fucked this up with a 2 hour campaign. 

Im sure it will be atleast 4-5 hours. :lol:

However even as a single player guy BF has NEVER been about the single player. It's the one MP franchise I love and I loved the trailer. Looks fresh as hell. I'm hyped and will be pre ordering the early enlist edition, even though launch day DIce are shakey lol

Edited by VitalFury

So many people picking sides between COD and Battlefield. i feel sorry for these people. I'll be enjoying both

When it comes to Call of Duty Vs Battlefield, this year Battlefield 1  xD See what i did there.

Edited by Gibbo_0113
  • Like 1

Im sure it will be atleast 4-5 hours. :lol:

However even as a single player guy BF has NEVER been about the single player. It's the one MP franchise I love and I loved the trailer. Looks fresh as hell. I'm hyped and will be pre ordering the early enlist edition, even though launch day DIce are shakey lol

Yeah I know but I can hope, I enjoy FPS but I'm not very good at them and they're no fun online if your not very good. 

Yeah I know but I can hope, I enjoy FPS but I'm not very good at them and they're no fun online if your not very good. 

Online play is very dependent on connection. A good connection makes a huge difference. When using an Ethernet cable i play a lot better. It doesn't help that Australia has bad internet though :P    

Online play is very dependent on connection. A good connection makes a huge difference. When using an Ethernet cable i play a lot better. It doesn't help that Australia has bad internet though :P    

Yeah I only migrated a year ago and I was shocked at how bad it is, for a developed country thats had a booming economy whilst the rest of the world was in the pan they didn't seem to invest money very wisely. 

• Like 1