Platinum Club: Your Final Level?

Dragn_Whytefyre

189. I don't technically have the plat yet (waiting for trophy 10,000), but I have finished all of the grinding and only need to burn an undead bone shard.

Good game, but disappointing finish to Souls. It's pretty perfunctory.

Souls just needs a long break, so they can implement some fresh ideas.  I thought this game was really easy and I knew what was coming around the corner, because I was used to it from the previous games (and I only played 2 and BB).

Souls just needs a long break, so they can implement some fresh ideas. I thought this game was really easy and I knew what was coming around the corner, because I was used to it from the previous games (and I only played 2 and BB).

Actually, from what I read, the Souls games are done. I can't remember the man's name, but the creator of the series has said it's time for them to move on and do something new.

Actually, from what I read, the Souls games are done. I can't remember the man's name, but the creator of the series has said it's time for them to move on and do something new.

He said he wanted to move on, but left open the possibility of allowing others to develop the games.

I doubt we've seen the end of arguably the best selling games in Namco's history.

I finished 174.. Felt over levelled by the end but you can thank the farming concord stuff for that.. i really enjoyed this Dark Souls but the NG+ plays just were not that hard. I miss the random red phantoms from Dark Souls 1. my NG++ i just ran past most the mobs.

PVP was great in this (Blue Sentinel  / Darkmoon blade covenants dont work properly) 

Overall great game and I'm glad this series is stopping or taking a long break.

I never finished Demon Souls... should I try the platinum for that?? :blink:

just earned it yesterday.

SL 171

Gameplay hours: 112:11:42

I did online farming for all my covenant items (proof of concord, shackles, swordgrass etc.) Must have been really lucky because I even got consistent match ups as a blade of the darkmoon, and a watchdog of farron, both of which are supposed to be impossible to get matches. after that I basically ran through most areas on my ng+ and ng++ runs.

Edited by danceswithsloths

Sl 200, 205hrs, I don't know, I'm ambivalent about the game, loved it but a lot of it seemed like a chore, too much grind this time around, and pure bladestone is nothing compared to all the covenant nonsense in DS3, or should I say flinch spam 3.   Maybe it's just been some time since I played DS2 but the combat felt a touch off, way too much attack spamming from enemies and trying to execute a special only to be flinched and interrupted far too often felt frustrating and irritating, as opposed to yeah ok, I messed up you got me, fair enough.

Perhaps I was just tired and unfocused by the end, as I said, way too much grinding...

Soullevel 211 (~120 hours)

with 80 Luck in the end, before it was about 20. So I got about 60 level just from farming with the silver serpent ring +2, began to count in NG++ (400+Lucklevel stat=item discovery)

NG+:

1st: Human dregs [~2 hours; ...]

2nd: Pale Tongue [~2 hours; ...]

NG++:

1st: Proof of a Concord Kept [~6 hours; +45 level]

2nd: Wolf's Blood Swordgrass [~4 hours; +5 lvl]

3rd: Sunmedals [~4 hours; +6 lvl]

4th: Vertebra Shackle [~7 hours; +4 lvl]

Something like that :P Sometimes it is weird that for hours the enemies do not drop a single covenant item.

Happens by me with 28 vertebra shackles after 5 hours. So I just gave them away, after that the last two came after 10 min.

Easy game, crazy farming

We will see what happens next with the series ^^

I'll post the final numbers for both my wife's playthrough and mine once we platinum the game. We're just about finished. 

Easy game

I thought I was the only one who felt that. 

What was an easy game for me was the first Dark Souls. I played it on the 360. There were two instances where I was invaded by people who clearly modded their characters. Their health bar refused to budge when I hit them. I managed to bob and weave them off the side of cliffs. Both times this happened, they (combined) left me with enough souls to max out a few of my stats. Meanwhile as I'm doing that, my wife is playing Dark Souls 2 on the TV next to the one I'm playing the first one on, and I'm watching her launch controllers across our room in rage. Anyway, thought that was appropriate to tell considering you said 3 is an easy game.

Platinum'd at SL130 and 200hrs. Having platted it, I havent played since. As much as I love PVP, I probably won't be touching this game until DLC.. I really need to play my other games as it is far too easy to get lost in this one!

Edited by GJ4E-
  • Like 1

Completed on level 130. It just seemed like a waste to not use the souls I collected during my NG+ play through although I pretty much just ran through my NG++ play through not spending a single soul (somehow managed to keep them all too). Didn't really see a dramatic change in enemy difficulty from NG to NG+ and it was kinda disappointing.

Only had to farm for swordgrass since I was determined to finish pvp during the first play through and was to high leveled to invade as a watchdog. Got worried about the shackles since i missed the covenant in early gameplay. 

Edited by wtfman789

• 2 weeks later...