impossible battle

resident44

Went back and did the fight so I'll give a few more details where I can - enemies for the sake of this post will be numbered 1 - 2 - 3.

I started off on 3 with a spell steal and then burned him down as fast as possible, at this point you should have max focus.  Switch immediately to 1 and do a spell steal and then kill it as fast as possible.

At this point it will only be enemy 2 left and the yellow bar shouldn't be filled just yet, if he is then you're likely going too slow.  With only 2 left get your 3 parries in to expose the belly and then use your hand and swipe away.  Rinse and repeat until dead.

EDIT: Added a few more details

Edited by Boxster17

I got stuck here for an hour until I beat it after watching this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pLtNu1V-qc(from 21:30)

Here's how I did it:

1 - steal the blue and red buff from wheel guy #1, use rage to finish him

2 - use blind and finish wheel guy #2, now you should have at least 70% of the air time left

3 - be patient when parrying the two-headed dragon, when it reveals its belly, use SWIFT LONG SLASH. You should be able to take him out after 3 attempts.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, what an awful fight. It's only hard because the hits on the dragon dude don't register correctly and the guy on the left somehow respawns his eye walls.

After 2 hours I finally got it. Here's what I did.

1. Steal the def and atk buffs from Right enemy then break both sides and used hand mode to kill it.

2. Kill the middle dragon guy using hand mode for each time the stomache opens. Swiped up and down in the right corner of the stomache. (Drinkbox needed to improve their shitty fruit ninja attacks)

3. Blind the left guy, panic, kill him as fast as possible.

Edited by Pokedude97

• 8 months later...
On 5/29/2016 at 6:11 PM, Pokedude97 said:

Wow, what an awful fight. It's only hard because the hits on the dragon dude don't register correctly and the guy on the left somehow respawns his eye walls.

After 2 hours I finally got it. Here's what I did.

1. Steal the def and atk buffs from Right enemy then break both sides and used hand mode to kill it.

2. Kill the middle dragon guy using hand mode for each time the stomache opens. Swiped up and down in the right corner of the stomache. (Drinkbox needed to improve their shitty fruit ninja attacks)

3. Blind the left guy, panic, kill him as fast as possible.

Pretty much what I ended up doing. You have to be accurate with the middle guy when blocking too, otherwise you risk running out of time.

Edited by vegetollo7

• 4 weeks later...

Stupidly frustrating fight. Tried several times and gave up. But then I went and found the other 2 momentos and remaining upgrades and found that one of the momentos really helped with an issue I was having with overloading the hand mode and fumbling around trying to turn it on and off repeatedly. When I returned, I got it in my first try. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/03/2017 at 2:44 AM, HellcoreFire said:

It's the last collectible I need but I'm just not fast enough to win this fight. I'm giving up. Should have known that I was Biting off more than I could chew.

Never playing a game from Drinkbox again, lol.

Just come to this section last after you've upgraded all the skills (very easy to do in the house basement). This is the single hardest battle in the game. The advice given by @Pokedude97 is flawless. That is the best method rather than going vertical I used diagonal slashes as I found it easier to get full length slashes that way. You have to deflect 3 dragon head hits in a row to get the belly exposed which means if you miss a block after having got two in a row you'll lose a huge chunk of time.

• Like 1

So, amazingly, I got this on my second try, and still had about a quarter of the time remaining. My guess is I got lucky with crits, but it was very odd. 

One thing I will mention is that there is no reason to charge your attack to break the wheel. You can just swipe right through it (two hits destroy it). I found that charging in general was a waste of time. Parrying the dragon is a mess, because the touch screen just seems to betray you (this is what beat me on my first try, and has annoyed me throughout my playthrough). This was the only battle where I slashed vertically instead of horizontally, because something I read said that crits happen more often that way. I don't believe it (and it actually makes it harder to get full slashes this way), but it's worth considering.

But all in all, honestly, I found this battle to be less of a nuisance than some of the others cloud battles which were necessary to get items for this battle (probably because I was so stoked for this one!).

7 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

One thing I will mention is that there is no reason to charge your attack to break the wheel. You can just swipe right through it (two hits destroy it).

Oh man i didnt realised that Point. Thanks for the help, with this the Fight ist easy

On 28/3/2017 at 7:02 PM, Superbuu3 said:

Just come to this section last after you've upgraded all the skills (very easy to do in the house basement). This is the single hardest battle in the game. The advice given by @Pokedude97 is flawless. That is the best method rather than going vertical I used diagonal slashes as I found it easier to get full length slashes that way. You have to deflect 3 dragon head hits in a row to get the belly exposed which means if you miss a block after having got two in a row you'll lose a huge chunk of time.

I think my problem was that I was too tired last week. I retried it today and did it first try, lol. Even after all these years of gaming I sometimes forget that this can be a factor in making parts of a game seem harder than they actually are.

• 3 months later...
On 5/8/2016 at 11:02 AM, JackmoveJohnny said:

The key to beating the middle enemy, after you steal the 2 buffs on the left eye and kill it. Swipe the ENTIRE middle of the screen when the belly is showing UP and DOWN. Not side to side. The rest should be easy.

You sir, are the reason I got this plat. Swiping up and down got me past the fight first go!!

• 2 months later...

After many failed attempts, I managed to win that battle in one try by using the sleeve of my pajamas (65% cotton/35% polyester) to cover my finger.

Not only it will protect your finger from burning, but its slippery contact will also make your finger moves way more quicker!!

Edited by NekoSlash
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

I just beat this thing today and thought I'd chime in.  I used rage to quickly clear the two sidekicks, let it recharge while fighting the middle enemy's initial form, and then turned it off while parrying.  Every time he would expose his underbelly, I clicked it back on and went to town.  It's tricky as hell, but doable after a little practice.

• 3 years later...

Did this battle a few hours ago, a pain in the ass, I had to perfectly parry the dragon, even one miss and it was game over. The game is enjoyable and easy for the most part,  but the hardest battles will make you become schizophrenic and make your arm hurt. Now on to the final boss.

Edited by Brightblade76
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

I managed to beat this after 2 hours of attempts.

I actually found the advice on this forum to be very misleading and was only able to beat it after following the same strategy in this video.

I killed only the enemy on the right and then killed the two headed dragon using long horizontal slashes (SIDE to SIDE NOT vertical ones). Still parry all the moves but it will take 4 rounds not 3 to get done. You will not have enough time for 4 rounds if you kill the enemy on the left before fighting the dragon. Make sure to enable rage mode when the belly is exposed and disable it when it is not. This will give it enough time to recharge between activations so it won't run out too early.

Thanks everyone for your help I'm sure the strategy you guys outlined worked for you but I could not get it to work on my end. FWIW I did this without having every upgrade available. I was missing a mana upgrade I think and two upgrades to my charge attack duration (which I didn't think was very relevant).

This was one helluva fight!

UPDATE:

Sorry I realised that the advice in this thread actually makes sense. It's the advice in the forum of another trophy site that was misleading. I must have been really tired.

Edited by grim_fendango

• 3 months later...

Just coming in to say this thread helped me finish the game and my plat. It's weird that the majority of the fights are pretty low on the difficulty scale, and then this one battle is MAJOR spike. Like if it was a graph, this fight would be a completely vertical line up.

Anyway, the biggest detriment I faced even after watching the video here, was realizing I was in fact, not doing long slashes like I thought I was. Once I swiped more deliberately from the top to the bottom, etc., the guy was totally bulldozed.