Five Nights At Freddy's Remakes Coming To Consoles Soon

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/75623/20160508/five-nights-at-freddys-remakes-coming-console-wii-u-scott-cawthon.htm

five-nights-at-freddys-band.jpg?w=780

"Five Nights At Freddy's" will be remade for consoles according to recent statements from is developer, Scott Cawthon. Nintendo's Wii U was specifically referenced.

The news comes to Design & Trend via a recent post on the "Five Nights At Freddy's 4" Steam forums. In few words, Scott unexpectedly confirmed the new project.

The lead surfaced when one fan asked if there was any chance of "Five Nights At Freddy's" being ported to a console like the Wii U. To the community's great surprise, Cawthon revealed that "actually, yes! It will happen. I'm talking with a few companies who are interested in doing console remakes of the original games."

It's important to note the word "remakes" was used as opposed to ports. This is because the Clickteam Fusion engine, in which the four "Five Nights At Freddy's" games were made, is limited in terms of its console support. Third-party tools exist to work around those problems, but Scott has no interest in using them. "Having to go to third-parties each time I want to port a game isn't a good long-term solution," he said. As such, he's seeking out studios that are willing to rebuild the games from scratch with different code.
Should that be the plan, it will likely be a while before "Five Nights At Freddy's" can be enjoyed on consoles like PS4, Xbox One or Wii U. No specific arrival dates were mentioned, only that the conversations are happening to get the games done. It's also not clear how many of the series' four main games will be remade.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 4

Oh, AWESOME! My computer is crap and I don't have a steam account, so I've never been able to play them. Here's hoping they come to PS4 with a platinum!...although I shudder to think of the requirements of said gaming trophy...please don't let there be a 4/20 mode or 20/10 mode trophy...but I want the games anyway.

Hopefully the first game will be remade for the PS4, as that's the only game that I like in the series. Other games don't really appeal to me much. Second game was meh, third one I did not like at all, and the fourth game does not look interesting at all to me. I wouldn't mind trying that one out if it did come to consoles though. The first game I actually found creepy, unlike the other games, in where I might get scared, but only due to cheap jumpscares.

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r