Thoughts about the game?

Pr0xj

Hello to all of you!

The game has been out for almost a week now so i'd like to know what y'all think of it?

Is it a keeper and will you be playing this for the coming months?

Or is it a big no no and will you move on with the upcoming heavy hitters (uncharted/doom & overwatch)?

Are you suprised by the sales numbers & do you think this game will last longer than games like Evolve?

Glad to hear some thoughts!

Last? The game is already on sale!! Lol... J.k. but really I don't think the game will last with such better heavy hitters like Paragon and Overwatch. Not even going to consider other games like Doom or UC. They are different genres. I was a bit surprised of the sales but people need a MOBA to fill the void I guess. But retention will probably suck soon.

The game is already on sale!! Lol... J.k.

Well, one of my local store already has a price drop from 65€ to 40€, which is for the better imo. Pay less money = more sold games = more players.

It will definitely last longer than Evolve. But you can't even compare these two as they play very differently.

I'm having way more fun with Battleborn than Overwatch and I will surely play it for the coming months.

(And it annoys me to hell that people always compare Battleborn with Overwatch. They are more different than you think... >_>)

Edited by LittleBlueMacaw

It seems like it will be a bit like Evolve. Popular for a few weeks or months and then when other games come out it will lose popularity very quickly. 

Parker

Yeah it should have released 2 months ago. May of 2016 is stacked and was not the best choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Though I haven't gotten around to properly playing my copy of BB yet, I DID pick it up during a sale and I have every intention of giving it a proper playthrough, particularly with buddies. But I am a bit disappointed in how few of my friends have any interest in this game whatsoever, let alone those who are willing to get it on PS4. The thing is, I like the ideas behind MOBAs, but...

(And it annoys me to hell that people always compare Battleborn with Overwatch. They are more different than you think... >_>)

... well, this is VERY much true, but I think that might be a part of WHY Battleborn has acquired a certain stigma. Not only are MOBAs notorious for a match's capacity to "snowball" into one team's favor uncontrollably, they also have much longer matches than a game such as Overwatch. That unfortunate double-sided coin of the MOBA may be why people are looking down on BB much moreso than OW; in the former, the very nature of the MOBA makes it harder to make a comeback, which leads to a sort of "why bother playing" mentality for longer matches. At least, that's what I think some people are thinking.

It just so happens that OW's "heroes with skills" foundation makes it easier to compare to BB on the surface than it actually should be. As it turns out, MOBAs like BB require more dedication to make the most out of than something like OW. I REALLY want to dive into this game, but just to be sure I'll make the most out of it, I'm probably going to hold off on doing so until I get through my current backlog of KHII.5.

• 3 months later...