Umbrella Corps Trophy List Thoughs

Aranea Highwind

''Thoughts''

in any ways, this is NOT an RE game, and not buying it.

I just hate the fact that when big companies make a totally irrelevant game and put some familiar names/orgnizations  and locations then foul us that: yeah, this is another spin-off from RE franchise, please buy it and enjoy it.

FU, capcom. :devil:

Edited by crisding89
  • Like 2

''Thoughts''

in any ways, this is NOT a RE game, and not buying it.

They aren't really claiming it is. Kinda like with ORC. I won't immediately write it off, but I'm certainly not hyped about it.

OT: The trophy list is fair as far as I can tell. Wonder how the S ranks will be.

• Like 1

''Thoughts''

in any ways, this is NOT an RE game, and not buying it.

I just hate the fact that when big companies make a totally irrelevant game and put some familiar names/orgnizations  and locations then foul us that: yeah, this is another spin-off from RE franchise, please buy it and enjoy it.

FU, capcom. :devil:

They aren't really claiming it is. Kinda like with ORC. I won't immediately write it off, but I'm certainly not hyped about it.

OT: The trophy list is fair as far as I can tell. Wonder how the S ranks will be.

ORC is called Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City though. So Resident Evil is actually in the name. This new game, at least going by the trophy list name, is just called Umbrella Corps, not Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps. Since they're not lifting on the Resident Evil name (non-RE fans will not know that Umbrella Corps is a RE spin-of) I don't think they consider it part of the canon.

Regarding the trophy list: There are some  grindy trophies, but they  are probably pretty easy, they just take time. I'm guessing the platinum medals will be the thing that makes this game easy or hard. It could go either way. And then there's "Clear all stages in The Experiment.". I have no idea what this is, but this could be a though one aswell depending if you need to do all stages in one sitting or you can do stages individually.

Edited by Ric

ORC is called Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City though. So Resident Evil is actually in the name. This new game, at least going by the trophy list name, is just called Umbrella Corps, not Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps. Since they're not lifting on the Resident Evil name (non-RE fans will not know that Umbrella Corps is a RE spin-of) I don't think they consider it part of the canon.

Regarding the trophy list: There are some  grindy trophies, but they  are probably pretty easy, they just take time. I'm guessing the platinum medals will be the thing that makes this game easy or hard. It could go either way. And then there's "Clear all stages in The Experiment.". I have no idea what this is, but this could be a though one aswell depending if you need to do all stages in one sitting or you can do stages individually.

Let me kill that right now.  http://www.gamespot.com/articles/where-does-umbrella-corps-fit-in-the-resident-evil/1100-6430745/   It is canon and it takes place after re6.

Let me kill that right now.  http://www.gamespot.com/articles/where-does-umbrella-corps-fit-in-the-resident-evil/1100-6430745/   It is canon and it takes place after re6.

It still not canon. You just posted prove lol. If you read it carefully it says that the game is a "What If" type of game. Meaning it's not canon. It takes place after the events of RE6, however, true RE fans already know that Umbrella Corp has been destroyed and no longer exist. 

• Like 1

It still not canon. You just posted prove lol. If you read it carefully it says that the game is a "What If" type of game. Meaning it's not canon. It takes place after the events of RE6, however, true RE fans already know that Umbrella Corp has been destroyed and no longer exist. 

MK: The game is not a hypothetical, "what-if" side scenario. Umbrella Corps is set in the present day of Resident Evil, which means it's after the events of Resident Evil 6. It's almost in an ironic way that we're using the title Umbrella Corps. If you know your Resident Evil lore, Umbrella no longer exists at this time in the universe; it's been destroyed. There's definitely a kind of a background of the Resident Evil universe that forms the basis of the game's premise.  Gotta work on that reading my boy.

I see your Gamespot article of sep 26 2015 and raise you one Gamespot article of apr 25 2016 :P

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/umbrella-corps-is-more-call-of-duty-than-resident-/1100-6439197/

It's Gamespot, I would take any info with a grain of salt.

Who cares if it's really part of canon anyway. I love Resident Evil, I've been playing the games for over 20 years on almost every console and PC, but the fact a game releases in the franchise that might not be my cup of tea doesn't bother me (while technically it might not even really be in the franchise, it doesn't seem to use the RE name like I said before).  It's not like the canon of RE is all that strict anyway.

Edited by Ric

It's a solid trophy list for sure, but I couldn't stand the multiplayer trophies for ORC and this is just another version of that game. Don't get me wrong, I'll buy any and all Resident Evil game because it's my favourite series; but I'm really going to be taking part in a lot of boosting sessions for this trophy list. It's honestly too much effort for such a bland and linear game...

It's a solid trophy list for sure, but I couldn't stand the multiplayer trophies for ORC and this is just another version of that game. Don't get me wrong, I'll buy any and all Resident Evil game because it's my favourite series; but I'm really going to be taking part in a lot of boosting sessions for this trophy list. It's honestly too much effort for such a bland and linear game...

Please don't give them money for this, I also buy every single RE game, even the atrocious ones like Mercenaries 3D or the Confidential Report series, but this is where I draw the line, this is just a joke and they deserve this one to flop hard, better to spend the money on games that deserve it, like the remasters (not 6 though), no matter how many times they release them.

MK: The game is not a hypothetical, "what-if" side scenario. Umbrella Corps is set in the present day of Resident Evil, which means it's after the events of Resident Evil 6. It's almost in an ironic way that we're using the title Umbrella Corps. If you know your Resident Evil lore, Umbrella no longer exists at this time in the universe; it's been destroyed. There's definitely a kind of a background of the Resident Evil universe that forms the basis of the game's premise.  Gotta work on that reading my boy.

giphy.gif

I will buy it, no matter what people said, I can't take the "every new RE sucks"-Fans seriously anymore, It doesn't look dat bad and first, I want to play legit before of thinking about boosting. It looks fun to me.

If you don't like it, then just not buy it, no one force you to do that. Just wait for RE2 Remake.

• Like 1

Please don't give them money for this, I also buy every single RE game, even the atrocious ones like Mercenaries 3D or the Confidential Report series, but this is where I draw the line, this is just a joke and they deserve this one to flop hard, better to spend the money on games that deserve it, like the remasters (not 6 though), no matter how many times they release them.

I'll always buy into a Resident Evil game. I'm the type of trophy hunter that has an OCD when it comes to a series of games. I need the entire collection!

I'm going to pick up Umbrella Corps when is release next month to get the trophies, but i certainly don't see myself playing this game after i acquire the platinum. RE hardcore fanbase should be grateful, Umbrella Corps exist. Capcom current plan is to separate the survival horror and third person shooter fanbase by creating spin off titles such as this one. We already have Resident Evil 2 Remake on the way and the Revelations series. At the end of the day what keeps a company running is $ and while many fans did not enjoy RE 5 & 6 as they were nothing more than third person shooter, those games are the best selling titles in the franchise.

Capcom themselves have said multiple times, Umbrella Corps is catered for those who enjoy the third person shooter side of the RE series. Resident Evil 7 can either follow the same path of 5 & 6 or just release a multiplayer shooter such as this one so RE 7 can be a Survival Horror game.

• Like 3

I'll always buy into a Resident Evil game. I'm the type of trophy hunter that has an OCD when it comes to a series of games. I need the entire collection!

What kills it for me is no story + MP only (yeah yeah i know, but SP is just random missions with no story) + digital only.

First RE game I won't get, but ever since RE4 it's getting easier for me to skip them, used to be my #1 series, now it's not even the top 20 anymore...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've already pre-ordered the game, I'll be available for any boosting necessary, as usual with every RE Game :D

I'm pretty hyped about it, though I'm sure it won't be the GOTY, as soon as I have fun playing it, it's fine by me :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've already pre-ordered the game, I'll be available for any boosting necessary, as usual with every RE Game :D

I'm pretty hyped about it, though I'm sure it won't be the GOTY, as soon as I have fun playing it, it's fine by me :)

Count me in. I preordered the deluxe edition to boot. My lil brother and I will be playing this at first for sheer fun and just for pure entertainment. However, eventually I will be going for the platinum. Maybe sooner or in between the fun times to be had with my bro.

Count me in. I preordered the deluxe edition to boot. My lil brother and I will be playing this at first for sheer fun and just for pure entertainment. However, eventually I will be going for the platinum. Maybe sooner or in between the fun times to be had with my bro.

Same here :) Platinum-hunter too :) I hope we'll find ourselves as soon as the game launches ;)