Your thoughts on the trophy list?

Wavergray

I pity the people that will miss out on this brilliant game because the trophies are "too hard".

This. 10 minutes waiting at midnight to get in, then played right through to 4. Got up for work at 6 lol this has a serious case of one more game syndrome.

Edited by VitalFury

This trophy list looks crazy!  I appreciate the trophy list for the insane challenge it represents.  Upon getting the platinum, it will have been very well earned and a great accomplishment.  I have been trying very hard to break my 'completionist' mindset, and just enjoy and have fun with games.  This game is a big step toward doing that.  I don't think I will be able to platinum this game, but there is absolutely no way I will pass it up because of the trophy list.  This game is wicked fun.  I haven't had this much fun playing a game in a very long time.  I sincerely believe everyone should pick up and play the game regardless of the difficult list.  I will try my best for the platinum, but I'm not going to go all out and just grind for it.  I'm going to enjoy the game and play the characters I want to play.  Eventually, I'll try them all out.  Enjoy the game guys!  =)

• Like 1

I recognise that some of the games in my trophy collection are impossible for me to platinum soo... I just don't platinum and play them for fun. This game is definitely one of them :P
Trophies are not worth the grief getting this plat will cause.

• Like 4

I don't think this trophy list is unattainable. Just will take time and of course... some luck. I got a trophy last night that was just pure luck for knocking some off the edge of the map with one of my abilities. 

Gonna try and get as many trophies as I can and if I get the platinum. Then perfect. If not, I still had a good time :)

Edited by SolidJD
  • Like 1

I would have enjoyed the trophy list if it was tweaked just a bit. I did both Reinhardt's trophies yesterday, they were challenging but certainly doable, unfortunately certain heroes (like Winston) seem to have trophies that are too much luck based for even the right situation to arise.
Anyway I'm enjoying the game immensely even though I will probably not get the platinum :)
On a sidenote, is "Lockdown" glitched?. It seems difficult but nowhere near unattainable (I think I won a match like that during the beta iirc).

I still say this trophy list isn't too bad after having played a lot the last two days and earning almost half the trophies so far. Though there are two obvious problem trophies at the moment. "Rapid Discord" seems like it will require 100% mastery of Zenyatta's abilities as well as a coordinated team as you have such a small window to accomplish it, and "Lockdown" is either glitched or incorrectly worded as I've met its supposed criteria at least twice now and it hasn't popped. I suspect that you have to win without anyone even touching the point for a millisecond which is pretty much impossible with how many flanking characters there are. They'll always sneak onto the point even if it kills them.

Otherwise, most of these trophies will come through natural play over time as you learn and get good with each of the heroes. If you're playing this game only for the trophies, then you're going to have a horrible time with this amazing game. Play this game for fun, the way it's supposed to be played. The trophies are nothing more than a bonus.

• Like 1

"Lockdown" is either glitched or incorrectly worded as I've met its supposed criteria at least twice now and it hasn't popped. I suspect that you have to win without anyone even touching the point for a millisecond which is pretty much impossible with how many flanking characters there are. They'll always sneak onto the point even if it kills them.

Did you pull it off on all rounds or just one?

Did you pull it off on all rounds or just one?

One match of Capture should be more than enough. I think you're thinking of the king of the hill like Control mode. That's also a different trophy, "Shutout"

I got the other Capture related trophy, capturing both points without dying, on the map Temple of Anubis. I've had two successful games defending the first point of Volskaya Industries and at least one on Hanamura which are both the same game mode yet the trophy hasn't popped. So I have no clue what's up with this trophy.

One match of Capture should be more than enough. I think you're thinking of the king of the hill like Control mode. That's also a different trophy, "Shutout"

I got the other Capture related trophy, capturing both points without dying, on the map Temple of Anubis. I've had two successful games defending the first point of Volskaya Industries and at least one on Hanamura which are both the same game mode yet the trophy hasn't popped. So I have no clue what's up with this trophy.

Oh i got one confused with the other.  :P  I did that requirement a few times and the trophy never popped. :/

It's still 0% when looking through the PS4, so there might be a glitch going on.

I don't think it matters whether they are hard or easy but I don't think anyone can deny that there is a degree of luck or good fortune needed for more than a few. A few luck trophies are fine but Overwatch features too many that are out of your control trophies, the ones that are very narrow and situational and require the planets to align ever so nicely to earn them. You can't control where people go and if they are within range and time of your ultimate ability use or your teammate doesn't beat you to the final kill needed to trigger the trophy. I would've rather something more grindy like a cumulative total of ultimate ability kills per character and winning at least one match with each character and then some more fun ones like use at least six characters in one match and play a match with a group of six all using the same character or some other interesting situations. I did that in beta with friends, we didn't win but it was crazy fun with six Winston but we did win with six Mei players  ;). It's such a fun game with unfun trophies imho and let's be CLEAR: this is MY opinion being expressed here. The trophy designers created a list of chores that just aren't fun and is more often than not, out of our control when they should've been extremely fun, some grindy, some skill, and two or three lucky ones.

I also agree with the above, way too many Bronze ones. A more consolidated list with higher grade trophies would've been better.

EDIT: decided to skip Overwatch for now just because of the trophies :P 

Edited by CakePrince
  • Like 2

I would have enjoyed the trophy list if it was tweaked just a bit. I did both Reinhardt's trophies yesterday, they were challenging but certainly doable, unfortunately certain heroes (like Winston) seem to have trophies that are too much luck based for even the right situation to arise.

Anyway I'm enjoying the game immensely even though I will probably not get the platinum :)

On a sidenote, is "Lockdown" glitched?. It seems difficult but nowhere near unattainable (I think I won a match like that during the beta iirc).

I don't like that one of D.va's trophies involves needing a certain amount of damage to be dealt at once by the opposing team. In my opinion, trophies should be limited to stuff you can actually control yourself.

"Self-destruct and enter a new mech three times without dying" could've been an decent trophy for D.va, for example. Or maybe even "Self-destruct and enter a new mech three times without dying, killing at least one enemy each time".

----------------------

On another topic, am I the only one bothered by the fact that this trophy list is called "Overwatch: Origins Edition" and not just "Overwatch".

Seems they really wanted to emphasise the "premium-ness" of the mid-tier edition so they can justify having it as the base price for consoles.

Edited by cjktbl_

I don't think it matters whether they are hard or easy but I don't think anyone can deny that there is a degree of luck or good fortune needed for more than a few. A few luck trophies are fine but Overwatch features too many that are out of your control trophies, the ones that are very narrow and situational and require the planets to align ever so nicely to earn them. You can't control where people go and if they are within range and time of your ultimate ability use or your teammate doesn't beat you to the final kill needed to trigger the trophy. 

Im in 100% agreement(loved the planets need to align comment i lol'd at that). There is a comment that comes up way too many times in reference to this game that goes like this "If you just play the game naturally" the problem is that to pull off a lot of these trophies you would have to do something unnatural to your current play style(who knows maybe you wallrun and shoot like a madman with lucio all the time).

I don't like that one of D.va's trophies involves needing a certain amount of damage to be dealt at once by the opposing team. In my opinion, trophies should be limited to stuff you can actually control yourself.

I got that trophy extremely easily. I activated the Defense Matrix against an enemy Pharah's ultimate and the trophy popped immediately. Pretty easy. Can be done against a lot of other ultimates too. Did the same thing for one of Mei's trophies blocking a lot of damage with the ice wall by putting it up against a D.Va ultimate.

There is a comment that comes up way too many times in reference to this game that goes like this "If you just play the game naturally" the problem is that to pull off a lot of these trophies you would have to do something unnatural to your current play style(who knows maybe you wallrun and shoot like a madman with lucio all the time).

If you just play casually then yeah, you probably won't get a lot of the trophies naturally. If you go for being a versatile player that tries to learn every hero and learn to play them fairly well, which is something everyone should do in this game and not just main one hero all the time (which annoys the shit out of me), a lot more of the trophies will come as you play, but you'll also be a massive help to any team you play with by being able to fill in any needed role. Learning the little things of each hero, like Lucio's wall riding for example, improve your ability to stay in a fight for longer and supporting your team even more.

If you just play casually then yeah, you probably won't get a lot of the trophies naturally. If you go for being a versatile player that tries to learn every hero and learn to play them fairly well, which is something everyone should do in this game and not just main one hero all the time (which annoys the shit out of me), a lot more of the trophies will come as you play, but you'll also be a massive help to any team you play with by being able to fill in any needed role. Learning the little things of each hero, like Lucio's wall riding for example, improve your ability to stay in a fight for longer and supporting your team even more.

A couple things here. I don't think that everyone is sticking with a specific hero because they are comfortable with them I think that a lot of people re trying to learn the character, the best way for me (and maybe them) to do that is repetition. Learning those little things of each hero is going to take a lot of time especially considering how many of them there are its going to take some time for everyone to get learn everyone with the constant switching between characters. I think this results in people staying with one hero until they feel comfortable and then move on. Ive got mixed feelings with this myself because you either have a mediocre soldier 76(or some other commonly used offensive player) who is learning or a newly switched bad healer.

Its the goal of everyone in the game to stay in the fight longer the problem is that so many of these trophies(sort of like Lucio's) depend on the enemy team being bunched up together and close to death. Lucio as the healer needs to depend on his teammates dealing the majority of the damage so that he can swoop in(wall run) and take the kills, thats a lot of dependence on the team. Then you have "The Path is closed" which is another animal entirely.

This is a fun game but a trophy hunting nightmare. I was willing to say f**k it on this one just for the experience knowing full well i wasn't going to plat it.

A couple things here. I don't think that everyone is sticking with a specific hero because they are comfortable with them I think that a lot of people re trying to learn the character, the best way for me (and maybe them) to do that is repetition. Learning those little things of each hero is going to take a lot of time especially considering how many of them there are its going to take some time for everyone to get learn everyone with the constant switching between characters. I think this results in people staying with one hero until they feel comfortable and then move on. Ive got mixed feelings with this myself because you either have a mediocre soldier 76(or some other commonly used offensive player) who is learning or a newly switched bad healer.

Its the goal of everyone in the game to stay in the fight longer the problem is that so many of these trophies(sort of like Lucio's) depend on the enemy team being bunched up together and close to death. Lucio as the healer needs to depend on his teammates dealing the majority of the damage so that he can swoop in(wall run) and take the kills, thats a lot of dependence on the team. Then you have "The Path is closed" which is another animal entirely.

This is a fun game but a trophy hunting nightmare. I was willing to say f**k it on this one just for the experience knowing full well i wasn't going to plat it.

Learning the character or not, the whole point of Overwatch is changing up heroes when needed to help counter the enemy team and win the objectives. And I do understand, I'm also guilty of playing characters for whole games and sometimes a few games in a row, but most of the time it's because I'm playing really well and not being countered effectively. But I still change heroes most of the time to fit the teams needs. Sometimes I've intentionally switched to characters I'm not comfortable with when no one else is switching, and this high pressure trial by fire has actually been successful more often than not and I've learned some characters extremely quickly and done well with them. But the game as a whole has a bit of a learning curve that takes time to crack.

Some of the trophies definitely take patience, time, skill, and luck. And I said this earlier, if you're playing this game just for trophies you're playing it for the wrong reasons. This is a game that should be played for fun, not worrying about anything except having a good time. And if a trophy does pop it's just a nice little bonus.