Your thoughts on the trophy list?

Wavergray

I have a weird question. Can trophies be gotten in Weekly Brawl? I've gotten all of mine in Quick Play, so wasn't sure if it was possible. I swear i've done a few things in Weekly Brawl and they haven't popped, but maybe i'm incorrect. 

I have a weird question. Can trophies be gotten in Weekly Brawl? I've gotten all of mine in Quick Play, so wasn't sure if it was possible. I swear i've done a few things in Weekly Brawl and they haven't popped, but maybe i'm incorrect. 

Dunno the trophy descriptions pretty specific about quick play or competitive so I would presume not

I know having trophies for ranked play modes is the standard, but I really wish that wasn't the case. Playing with random strangers is never an enjoyable experience for me, because even if you're still learning there'll always be that one person who gets angry with you if you make a mistake. It's a lot more fun for me to just get together with a group of friends and play.

I've heard some really good things, though, so I'll hopefully pick it up eventually. Just wish the trophies could be obtained without playing publicly.

I know having trophies for ranked play modes is the standard, but I really wish that wasn't the case. Playing with random strangers is never an enjoyable experience for me, because even if you're still learning there'll always be that one person who gets angry with you if you make a mistake. It's a lot more fun for me to just get together with a group of friends and play.

I've heard some really good things, though, so I'll hopefully pick it up eventually. Just wish the trophies could be obtained without playing publicly.

If you ever pick this up and want a team mate, feel free to add me on PSN :) 

I play with VitalFury and few other people from PSNP on it so can join us anytime 

• Like 3

Rapid Discord and Winstons trophies are the hardest in the game seems like, pure bullshit and luck based. The only way you're getting winstons 10x turret / trap trophy is if for some unholy reason their team has a symettra and keeps putting her turrets in easy pickings part of the map where they're generally unguarded. The only reason this winston trophy is hard is because you have to do it in one life, get in, kill turrets, pray no one destroys you, jump out, pray symettra sets up again, etc etc. I don't know why blizz made 80% of the trophies completely fair type deals and then a few of them retarded-tier hard or situational.

I've been really close to rapid discord a few times in the past few days, but I must come up outside of the 6 second mark each time. I'll keep trying. Someone on PSN apparently has it since it got bumped up to 0.1% in the past 24 hours. I saw someone with 80% in the game already. Pretty sure they just boosted everything.

Everything else seems like it'll end up unlocking naturally through a lot of gameplay and general perseverance tbh

Rapid Discord and Winstons trophies are the hardest in the game seems like, pure bullshit and luck based. The only way you're getting winstons 10x turret / trap trophy is if for some unholy reason their team has a symettra and keeps putting her turrets in easy pickings part of the map where they're generally unguarded. The only reason this winston trophy is hard is because you have to do it in one life, get in, kill turrets, pray no one destroys you, jump out, pray symettra sets up again, etc etc. I don't know why blizz made 80% of the trophies completely fair type deals and then a few of them retarded-tier hard or situational.

I've been really close to rapid discord a few times in the past few days, but I must come up outside of the 6 second mark each time. I'll keep trying. Someone on PSN apparently has it since it got bumped up to 0.1% in the past 24 hours. I saw someone with 80% in the game already. Pretty sure they just boosted everything.

Everything else seems like it'll end up unlocking naturally through a lot of gameplay and general perseverance tbh

Man, that 6 seconds are brutal, I think that 20/30 seconde will worked better

50 unlocks.......wow that might take forever unless you have a large wallet for loot boxes.  Way to suck money out of people's wallets Blizzard

In all fairness I think once you reach level 50 you should be close to unlocking everything for at least 1 character. BUT I may be wrong as I got 1 item twice now, so it seems it's not something like Rocket League, were you unlock things you don't have as you progress, but you may end up with repeated items (I think I got coins, 15 maybe?, instead of the repeated item).

In all fairness I think once you reach level 50 you should be close to unlocking everything for at least 1 character. BUT I may be wrong as I got 1 item twice now, so it seems it's not something like Rocket League, were you unlock things you don't have as you progress, but you may end up with repeated items (I think I got coins, 15 maybe?, instead of the repeated item).

At level 36 the most unlocks I have for a single character is 11. It's gonna be a while to get 50 for anyone.

• Like 1

I'd rather have 50 unlocks for every character than these luck based trophies. =P

Except that I don't even think it's possible to get 50 unlocks for every character without forking over money for microtransactions. If you CAN get enough Loot Boxes by just leveling up, then it must take so long that you could trigger the circumstances for the "luck" based trophies far before then. Just earlier today, I got Reinhardt's blocking trophy, and Bastion's two-kills-per-mode trophy. And I haven't even played Bastion before today.

I AM actually concerned over how likely you can get 50 unlocks for 1 hero without paying for more. You might get a total of 200 unlocks by the time you reach level 50, but you get them for completely random heroes (which is the bigger gripe I have with this loot system); you'd have to get VERY lucky to get one hero's loot effectively once per level, especially when you consider for non-hero based loot such as avatars and Gold. The level cap is probably higher than 50, but I'm HOPING some other form of earning Loot Boxes will be added in due time. That, and/or a change will be made that lets you weight the loot you get towards heroes you play, or away from heroes you don't.

Edited by CediFonei

Getting 50 unlocks isn't that bad if you're smart about what you buy with the coins you get. Getting to level 50 you'll probably average like 11 - 15 unlocks per character, then you should get a decent number of coins along the way which you should spend on whatever character you managed to get the most expensive stuff on. There's still some luck involved just from what you get get for coin drops or duplicates, but there is in no way a requirement to spend money if you don't want as long as you save your coins. 

I'm lv64 and spent all my coins on unlocking crap for one hero, sitting at 35 or 36 unlocks and the rest of them are expensive so I'll need a bigger time investment to get those. (skins, intros, emotes) 

The rest of my heroes are sitting around 10 or 11 a piece. I've got like 56 in-game hours and 66% of the trophies so it really just depends a lot on luck, exactly. Even with that in mind, like I said in my other post Rapid Discord is the most unfair trophy in the game and actually feels impossible unless you get friends to coordinate a Mei ultimate or Zarya ultimate with you. 

Doesn't help zenyatta is extremely difficult to play effectively. Any decent player will single him out in a heartbeat and you're dead. I should add that I wholly disagree with Blizzard locking trophies out of custom games and arcade mode. Especially since you can technically boost anyway since premades are matched with other premades and it's only a matter of time. Arcade mode is actually genuine fun, but fuck fun AND trophies, right?

Torbjorn's molten core trophy is actually feeling impossible to get with the matchmaking I've been getting too. I'm not getting paired with noobs anymore who just run into turret fire so as soon as they hear molten core pop everyone just runs and scatters. I highly recommend getting torbs trophies out of the way while you're still in early-level matchmaking for anyone reading this. Actually, all the multi-kill ultimate trophies need to be done early on or you're gonna have a hard time. The higher you get, the better people are and the harder they will be. I can't get Junkrats trophy either despite trying for 2 days straight.

Also how the hell do you get Widowmakers smooth as silk trophy? I head shotted a pharah in the air and didn't get it.

Edited by FearForDignity

I still stand by my earlier statements about most of these trophies being fair but difficult, but...

Even with that in mind, like I said in my other post Rapid Discord is the most unfair trophy in the game and actually feels impossible unless you get friends to coordinate a Mei ultimate or Zarya ultimate with you. 

Doesn't help zenyatta is extremely difficult to play effectively. Any decent player will single him out in a heartbeat and you're dead.

... as a Zenyatta main, I've begun to see this more and more clearly. Not all of these trophies are created equally, but Rapid Discord is definitely the most blatantly unfair one. It's hard enough to get 4 eliminations within 6 seconds as any hero without using an offensive ultimate; why give that kind of trophy to a SUPPORT character? Orb of Discord is a great ability that's gotten me out of some jams, but this trophy's timing is WAY too strict. It would be more fair to set it to be within a single life, or at least fifteen to thirty seconds. It makes me wonder whether there's any precedent for trophies being patched to have any strict requirements eased up, because otherwise that is an adorable Zenyatta spray most players will be more or less physically unable to use.

I still stand by my earlier statements about most of these trophies being fair but difficult, but...

... as a Zenyatta main, I've begun to see this more and more clearly. Not all of these trophies are created equally, but Rapid Discord is definitely the most blatantly unfair one. It's hard enough to get 4 eliminations within 6 seconds as any hero without using an offensive ultimate; why give that kind of trophy to a SUPPORT character? Orb of Discord is a great ability that's gotten me out of some jams, but this trophy's timing is WAY too strict. It would be more fair to set it to be within a single life, or at least fifteen to thirty seconds. It makes me wonder whether there's any precedent for trophies being patched to have any strict requirements eased up, because otherwise that is an adorable Zenyatta spray most players will be more or less physically unable to use.

Do not forget, this is eliminations and ASSISTS. You don't actually need to kill everyone. You could hit the required amount of players and then a rocket barrage or d.va nuke can finish them off for you. Just need good timing/luck. 

Do not forget, this is eliminations and ASSISTS. You don't actually need to kill everyone. You could hit the required amount of players and then a rocket barrage or d.va nuke can finish them off for you. Just need good timing/luck. 

I know that assists count, I worded that poorly, but my reasoning behind this trophy being unfair still stands. Particularly because you can only have the Discord Orb on a single enemy at a time; D.Va's nuke or similar ultimates could easily kill 4 enemies under 6 seconds, but the Discorb Orb can only be on one of those enemies at a time. So it'd only count for 1 out of the 4 kills needed for Rapid Discord.

Getting 50 unlocks isn't that bad if you're smart about what you buy with the coins you get. Getting to level 50 you'll probably average like 11 - 15 unlocks per character, then you should get a decent number of coins along the way which you should spend on whatever character you managed to get the most expensive stuff on. There's still some luck involved just from what you get get for coin drops or duplicates, but there is in no way a requirement to spend money if you don't want as long as you save your coins. 

Unless there is an option to bypass it later with coins, aren't at least 1-2 of the unlocks tied to the trophy requirements for the specific character? There is a description for most of the unlocks when you hover over it, i could have sworn that each of the characters had emblems/skins/etc that would only unlock when you fulfilled their trophy requirement. 

If each of the characters has at least 1-2 unlocks that is tied to their trophy that puts the difficulty in getting the 50 unlocks a combination of grinding for the tokens and luck\skill (depending on the character) for the trophy.

Edited by stitchesnscars