Project Platinum: Nippon Ichi Software

Priere

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm so sorry for not updating this thread for god knows how long. Posters before this one are all added or updated accordingly.

They should be on there since they are NIS games and this is a NIS game leaderboard. Kinda defeats the purpose otherwise. But, I guess rules are rules - and by that I mean, I only get two categories instead of three.

Blue Flare has the right for those games for his Disgaea PP in the future, i sadly can't take them from him.

Seems to me that Grand Kingdom ought to be added into this Project Platinum.  Which would knock me down a level for a little while, but I'm almost done with that title and its' Platinum grind, too.

Interesting, but isn't Grand Kingdom made by someone other than NIS and just published by NIS? If NIS threw a hand in its development then i will surely add it.

One final thing: Yomawari: Night Alone has been added to the available games in this PP.

Interesting, but isn't Grand Kingdom made by someone other than NIS and just published by NIS? If NIS threw a hand in its development then i will surely add it.

I don't know their level of involvement, and I haven't bothered to research it.  I was spitballing an idea for another game to add to your PP without really checking if there might be other PP threads it would also fit into.

• 4 months later...

A Rose in the Twilght is added to the available games (will be released between 11th-14th April i think worldwide) since it's very similar to The firefly diary and Yomawari. If anyone wishes to claim it to a more fitting PP, please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
15 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

I only have The Witch and the Hundred Knight (PS3) at the moment. I plan to do the PS4 revival edition, someday. And I'd like to play some other non-Disgaea titles of theirs. Any recommendations? 

It depends on what you're looking for, because the other games from this particular Project Platinum are scattered all across the proverbial map when it comes to what sort of games they are.

Last Rebellion is a very quick platinum if that's what you want.  It's also a game chock full of unfulfilled potential, i.e., it could have been way better than it turned out to be.

I can't recommend Legasista, even though it's probably the PS3 title closest to Witch and the Hundred Knight in terms of style (it's the other title from this Project Platinum that I've played and is also an action RPG).  It's not too onerous if you take advantage of the invincibility glitch, but the game suffers from an inability to "suspension save", thus requiring you to sit for 3-4 hours at a time to do the lengthier dungeons.

I like Guided Fate Paradox, but it's a grindy, time-intensive platinum trophy.  Awakened Fate Ultimatum is a similar game, but it may as well be GFP with a lobotomy:  it's shorter, but they also dumbed down pretty much everything that was good about the original.

Trinity Universe is a bit on the grindy side as well, but features more of that quirky NIS humor.  But like GFP/AFU/Last Rebellion, it's turn-based RPG and therefore might not be quite what you're looking for.

In short, they all do different things and so it's a matter of what you're looking for.

While I'm thinking about it and typing in this space, can I be added to the "Lucky Winner!" special category since I have both Guided Fate Paradox and Awakened Fate Ultimatum platinums?  Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm really sorry for slacking off and not being able to do my job. I'm sorry i haven't said this earlier but Project Platinum: NIS is now up for either adoption by a new owner or up to disbanding. Thank you very much for your support and i apologize for the short end on my side,

• Like 2