Does playing online coop with a friend screw up trophies?

For the person who joins the host, will he miss trophies? How would quest progression work, do the sidequests count for the non-host?

We are playing on PS4 version.

no it does not, also if you played the past borderlands then you will know it does count to it, because once you get to a story line part and you did like 50% of the side stuff while in someones game when you do a quest you never done it will ask to fast forward to where you got up to

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Apologies for being a dumb dumbs, but I’m still not exactly clear on the answers above. My friend wants to play through TPS with me, but since we are both after trophies too I’d like to clarify how this works. ?

Hypothetically - If I were to play through the entire story campaign with a friend in co-op, would we both unlock the story-related trophies? Or just whoever is hosting?

Also, am I correct in understanding the conversation above that any progress/exploration made by the guest in the host’s game (map-wise and unlocking new areas) would not register for the guest upon returning to his own game? He would have to repeat this content in his own game?

Thanks in advance for whoever can fill me in!