Can i delete the patch 1.02 and still be able to play on my current save?

So i just completed game on crushing and now that i want to complete it on brutal with using tweaks, i need to delete the patch 1.02 to be able to do the glitch and so i need this my save to be able to play game on brutal and question is, can i do it?

• 3 months later...

Apparently, the glitch works still, even with current patches. Unless we are talking about different glitches. I'm talking about being able to use tweaks on brutal, which doesn't block you from getting the trophy. Haven't gotten the trophy yet but I am in the process of doing so. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The tweaks still work with Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception with patch 1.02. Only Uncharted 2 Among Thieves doesn't work with the patch, you have to delete the collection and reinstall it, pausing the patch update or disconnect from Playstation Network.

I believe that once you activate the tweaks you can resume the patch download and still play on your current save when the patch is applied. I would recommend backing up all your saves just in case on USB and Cloud.

• 1 month later...

In case someone is wondering. You can delete the game (to remove the patch), start the game (PS4 will start downloading the patch, just ignore it), use the glitch and just play as usual. You don't have to keep your PS4 offline to prevent the patch from being installed.

The next time you start the game, the patch will be applied, but it won't change anything in your save. The glitch will remain active. The patch just prevents the glitch to be triggered. (You can actually see that the tweaks are active in the menu).

(I just got the trophy this way)

Edited by Ric
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

If you have the game physically original disc, delete the game and disconnect your internet until finish the game on brutal. Tweaks will be activated.

The patch 1.02 will affect your tweaks negatively. 

I got the trophy with using two tweaks in this method.

Your current save will work.

If you have digital version, I have no idea. 

Edited by seyhano