Amount of "less than 1k achievers" trophies?

MMDE

30 minutes ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

I have two & a half pages of single digit trophies atm & some of the games are even good. It reflects what I've already noticed in that tons of games are released each week and many are good but most people don't bother researching them, don't care or can't even tell the difference between that & the spam of the week (in the case of 2D titles this is sadly quite evident). Makes no difference to me I'll just keep looking into this stuff like I always have but it's nice to have a percentage now I guess. 1f4c9.png

I've also noticed a lot of devs/publishers really are terrible at making a good store description and trailer.  A lot of new games that come out are difficult to even tell what kind of game they are.  Take one example that came out yesterday, Strawberry Vinegar.  From the PSN store description, I can't tell what sort of game that is.  I know because I own it on Steam that it's a yuri VN.  It's weird because the Steam store description has a bit more that actually does make it more clear what sort of game it is.  I see a lot of games like that and if a dev/publisher isn't going to make even a basic effort with their store description, why should anyone bother to research it more?  I do further research once my interest is piqued and I'm considering buying.

On 7/25/2018 at 1:39 PM, dmland12 said:

A little over a year later and it's pretty similar just with more trophies:

535 under 1000 (still ~15%)

97 under 100

lowest one has 9 achievers

I see this thread is getting some posts again, so time for another update (almost two years since the last!).

1075 trophies with under 1000 achievers (up to 20.78%)

276 trophies with under 100 achievers (5.34%)

lowest has 8 achievers

I've been getting more obscure trophies in the last couple years it seems.

Yeah the obscurity thing  should definitely be more of the focus here .  I mean no one should even count the number of trophies with under 1,000 achievers unless at least 1,000 people even own the game lol. Otherwise, what's the point? It should be a rule that you can't count the trophies unless they have at least 1,000 owners, that makes more sense ?.

1 hour ago, Fish613 said:

Yeah the obscurity thing  should definitely be more of the focus here .  I mean no one should even count the number of trophies with under 1,000 achievers unless at least 1,000 people even own the game lol. Otherwise, what's the point? It should be a rule that you can't count the trophies unless they have at least 1,000 owners, that makes more sense 1f60a.png.

What's the point of not counting them?  We're not talking about rare trophies, we're talking about obscure trophies.  If you don't even count games with less than 1000 owners, you're missing the vast majority of obscure games out there.

1 hour ago, Fish613 said:

Yeah the obscurity thing  should definitely be more of the focus here .  I mean no one should even count the number of trophies with under 1,000 achievers unless at least 1,000 people even own the game lol. Otherwise, what's the point? It should be a rule that you can't count the trophies unless they have at least 1,000 owners, that makes more sense 1f60a.png.

Huh, who has the time for that? Through no fault of our own, tons of games with trophies don't have more than a thousand owners on here. Whether that's because 90% of PSN members aren't also members of PSNP or the game hasn't sold well because it's an indie, etc. this is what we're left with. Also, this is done just for fun, nothing serious or official.

MMDE came up with a great thread here and a cool code to plug into our trophy log, thanks.

https://psnprofiles.com/SNACH2497/log?order=achievers&dir=asc&page=210

My numbers (hope I did this right)

10,472 - under 1k achiever trophies

÷

27,444 - total trophies

=

×100

=

38 - obscurity rating

Also have a few trophies from one of the Krinkle Krusher stacks with only 6 achievers.

?✌

Edited by SNACH2497