Favourite to least favourite Uncharted games?

1: U2

2: U1

3: U4

4: U3

Not played GA :)

U4 is game of the Gen but actually, as a uncharted game I much prefer 2. Uncharted 1 and 4 was a tough choice for me. Very close. But uncharted 1 is a game I randomly play again over the years. U4..well 3 play throughs and I still don't really like the story all that much(the way too serious tone and brother thing just don't work as uncharted for me). Mechanics and gameplay are out of this world though. 3 was never that good but still better then most games, as a uncharted game is was pretty bad though

Edited by VitalFury

Among Thieves > A Thief's End > Drake's Fortune > Drake's Deception.

I never could get into DD at all, from the story to gameplay, it's the only Uncharted game that I have not platted along with ATE, which I will eventually because I'm loving it. I have never played Golden Abyss but got it from Plus years ago. My list may change after I dive into the remastered collection

Edited by CL5INT0N2

Among Thieves > A Thief's End > Drake's Fortune > Drake's Deception.

I never could get into DD at all, from the story to gameplay, it's the only Uncharted game that I have not platted along with ATE, which I will eventually because I'm loving it. I have never played Golden Abyss but got it from Plus years ago. My list may change after I dive into the remastered collection

Swap 1 with 3, and that's my list. However, I did enjoy my time with 3, but for some reason I lost interest in trying to get the platinum in the original Drake's Deception, so I'm in the same boat as you with 3 being the only game in the series that does not have a platinum unlocked in it (aside from GA, which I have not invested enough time into to say whether I like it or not). There was something a little off with the aiming, and I kept dwelling on the fact that I would have to play through that cruise ship sequence (I actually had more trouble with the parts leading up to it than i did with the dreaded theater showdown that everyone hates) and a certain part towards the end, and I just said screw it. I'm tasking myself with fully completing the remastered version, but I'm thinking of also going back to the PS3 version shortly after while it's still fresh in my mind, and finishing off the last half of my crushing playthrough in 3.

On another note, I think the only thing that holds 4 back is the sheer impact that 2 left on me. It was one of my first PS3 games along with InFamous, and it has a strong sentimental value attached to it that 4 obviously is not going to recapture. But it's turning out great, so it's definitely doing its job at cementing Uncharted as one of my favorite franchises of all time with a worthy send off for characters I have grown to love.

4 > 2 > 3 > 1

I'm like 3 chapters short of beating UC 4 but I can already say it's my favorite in the series. Druckmann and Straley elevated the material beyond anything I could've imagined. They allowed the characters (and the game) to 'grow up', gave them a past and a reason for being who they are, and all that without sacrificing any of the humor and lightheartedness of the franchise. I really like the pacing of the game as well, it's more of an adventure game now, with a lot more exploration and environmental storytelling.

UC 4 feels like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in a lot of ways. They show you how the main character became who he is, they introduce the person closest to him and make them go on a very personal adventure, that combines everything that was great about previous installments while perfecting the formula in the process.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Honestly, all the games are utterly fantastic (though Golden Abyss isn't near the standard set by Naughty Dog, in my opinion) and I don't really have a "favorite." I put A Thief's End at the top because I think that is the absolute best end to a gaming series I've ever seen. Everything was handled perfectly and fans of the series should be very happy about that. Plus the special thanks dedicated to Amy Hennig was just a classy move on Naughty Dog's part. 

Parker

I'd have to completely agree with this.

Ah this is a hard one because I love them all for different reasons! Though I think it has to be:

Among Theives > Drake's Deception > Drake's Fortune > A Thief's End > Golden Abyss

A Thief's End, even though it was a great conclusion to Drake's story, the game was overall too 'serious' for me compared to he others. That was great for The Last of Us but this is Uncharted and I'm not convinced on the overlap in tone they've decided to go with. Also I sorely missed Chloe who was barely even mentioned! Perhaps my opinion will change though with a second/third playthrough. The multiplayer however is very disappointing compared to Uncharted 2, or even 3 for that matter. Then Golden Abyss was a great, faithful handheld experience but just can't quite match the splendour of the Naughty Dog games.

I'm not including Fight for Fortune or Fortune Hunter of course because they'd be waaaay off the bottom end of the scale. Haven't actually played Fight for Fortune but it just doesn't interest me, and while Fortune Hunter is a fun little puzzle game it's neither anything spectacular nor special.

Edited by dell9300

While 2 was great and will remain one of my favourite PS3 games, 4 just blew me out of the water, it was everything I'd hoped it would be and more. And that ending was simply perfect. 

A Thief's End

Among Thieves

Drake's Deception

Drakes Fortune

Golden Abyss I still haven't played, aside the first level. 

4 > 3 > 2 > GA > 1

The ND developed games have been consistently improving. As an overall experience, I think 4 is the best, but it does have it's (sometimes very extended) moments of downtime.

2 probably offered more moment to moment excitement, but wasn't quite as impactful in a story sense. 

It's like asking someone to rank the Queen albums though. They're all great. 

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

3. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

4. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

5. Uncharted: Golden Abyss

While I think Drake's Deception is a better game than Drakes's Fortune, I personally enjoyed the latter much more considering it came out many years earlier.

4 >= 2 >> 3 > 1

Uncharted 4 is a better game than 2 IMO, but 2 was basically my introduction to modern console gaming since it came with my first "real" PS3 (the first game I actually played was LittleBigPlanet but that PS3 didn't last long for reasons) and the best game in the series by a mile until now... so it gets a bump.

Never played Golden Abyss, though I wouldn't be adverse to it if they come out with a PS4 remaster at some point (or I suck it up and buy a Vita if/when they get super duper cheap).  Pretty sure it isn't canon anyways, so eh.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1