Who will you choose first?

Muff

Who will you be playing as first?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be playing as first?

Now that we all seen a lot more on how badass all the class are, including a bit of the Mechromancer, time to see who will be running as what.

NOTE: im including Gaige (Mechromancer), even though the DLC for the class will not be released day 1, just so its there for when it will be.

my friend asked me the same thing yesterday but i don't have an answer... i like to leave some things a surprise so i haven't done any research about they character types...

my plan is to make one of each... after a few hours of game play for each, then i will decide... but we (me and two of my friends) are making characters specifically to play with each other online so that we will all be the same level-ish at the same time-ish.

Seriously I'm the only one who voted Axton? Since looking at all the skill points and there locations Axton is by far the best for short tem, medium and longterm play, Maya will be good for anyone who has trouble staying alive with health regen, Salvador can be good not great by the end of his skill tree, and Zero can be every effective near the end. This is also the order in which who is best based off skill points tree, Axton, Maya, Sallador and lastly Zero in terms of usefulness. But people will probably play with the people in the reverse order bc they like playing the new characters.

Bit more info i found off IGN, some info on each skill tree from Randy Pitchford, AND, Gearbox has a live skill tree program...if you've played the first enough you know what this is, if not, try it out, its pretty helpful:

- IGN Axton Skill tree

- Axton Skill Calculator

- IGN Maya Skill Tree

- Maya Skill Calculator

- IGN Salvador Skill Tree

- Salvador Skill Calculator

- IGN Zer0 Skill Tree

- Zer0 Skill Calculator

...okay, just tried Zer0's and HOLY SHIT I CANT WAIT! trying out his Bloodshed tree, and the last skill, Many Must Fall, will let you pretty much chain Deception as long as you keep getting melee kills while in Deception...i shall be A GOD @____@

Seriously I'm the only one who voted Axton? Since looking at all the skill points and there locations Axton is by far the best for short tem, medium and longterm play, Maya will be good for anyone who has trouble staying alive with health regen, Salvador can be good not great by the end of his skill tree, and Zero can be every effective near the end. This is also the order in which who is best based off skill points tree, Axton, Maya, Sallador and lastly Zero in terms of usefulness. But people will probably play with the people in the reverse order bc they like playing the new characters.

I second that about Axton. I forget the commando of the first ones name, but they are so similar so I feel like it will be a great little hop in and get going without any issues.

I am going to pick Zero first. Depending on who my Girlfriend picks, we will end up using all 4.

Edit: It looks like your will need to play much more than just to level 5 to get Salvador and Zero's character trophies. To get Salvador's, you will need to level him up to at least level 20 to be able to last 90 seconds. For Zero, you will need to be at level 30 before you can go 10 seconds for him. But on the plus side, it looks like there aren't any missable trophies.

Edited by Sir_Bee

I'm going for Salvador, cause Brick was my favorite character in Borderlands 1. I named him Dr. Salvador :D

I might try Axton or Maya out some day though...still need to pick a new character next weekend, cause I'll probably be doing co op with my Borderlands 1 partner...anyone know if it still supports multiple save files?

I'm going for Salvador, cause Brick was my favorite character in Borderlands 1. I named him Dr. Salvador :D

I might try Axton or Maya out some day though...still need to pick a new character next weekend, cause I'll probably be doing co op with my Borderlands 1 partner...anyone know if it still supports multiple save files?

Of course it does :P

Yeah, I have 3 characters now.

• 3 weeks later...