PS4 Keeps Going into Rest Mode

Carville87

As the title says for the last few weeks my PS4 keeps turning itself off and going into rest mode when i'm playing games or watching something on YouTube I've rebuilt the database but it still keeps happening has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Have you downloaded any Themes prior to this problem happening? Or any apps you downloaded or so on.

I've had a similar problem, but on my PS3, where it would just freeze, and I had to force restart/shut down.

Hope it gets fixed! :D

I've rebuilt the database but it didn't work. Ill try it again with unplugging at least i'm not the only one with the problem according to that link

There are plenty of support pages with different solutions if you google this issue. That one is the first thing I clicked on, perhaps another will help you. If you don't want to do that though, Sony Support is probably the quickest way.

Check your power saving settings? Watching YouTube means you're not inputting anything in and the console may be set to turn after so long without said input.

I thought that too in the beginning, but he also said it happens during gameplay.

• Like 1

There are plenty of support pages with different solutions if you google this issue. That one is the first thing I clicked on, perhaps another will help you. If you don't want to do that though, Sony Support is probably the quickest way.

I actually just rang the support and they didn't have a solution for me and i'm outside warranty so its gonna cost me 150 to get it fixed 

I had this issue a couple months ago where it would randomly enter rest mode. It seems to be quite infrequent now. Its not happened to me for ages. I don't think its worth paying all that money to get it fixed until it becomes unplayable. It might go away on its own. Ive heard people say that the power button is very sensitive and dust can trigger it

I've had this happen twice just out of the blue, It makes the beep noise as if you hit the on/off button. As i said, only twice and this in on a week one ps4 with the sensor buttons instead of the "click" buttons. I can only assume that the ps4 incorrectly felt something that hit the button?