Does Anyone Still Play On The PS3? Not The PS4.

JayvionAlexander

I don't even own a PS4, & it doesn't have enough games I'd like to play for me to want one yet. (Though FFXV may change that.) I can't really afford one though. I've been playing on my PS3 *and* my PS2 lately - I do wish they'd remaster FFXII for the PS3 or 4, since it's the only numbered instalment of the FF series that can't be played on any PS3-generation console :( and it's in my top 3 favourite of them...

This may sound strange, since I got plenty of trophies and even made some trophy guides for PS4 games, but I don't own a PS4!! :P

There are definitely games I like playing on PS4. It has become easier for devs to port games from PC to PS4, and as such, there's coming more and more ... niche games ... that I'm interested in (AAA games are usually boring as shit and trying to appeal to everyone, when I know what I enjoy to play). :P Because I collect trophies, I often buy games for PS4. There is an increasing amount of games I want for the PS4 though, so I might soon actually buy one for myself.

PS4 games:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

I have hundreds of PS3 games though. I remember back when there was a game renting service where I live.... I had several times the amount of games they had to offer. -_-'' I think I rented most of what I wanted and didn't have from them in one free trail of the service, maybe I paid for one month I can't remember... :P

Rango, Happy Feet, Back to the Future: The Game (disc), Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL, Terminator Salvation, Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters, The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, Where the Wild Things Are, Summer Stars 2012, Summer Challenge (even wrote guide for this one). :P Ah, 10 plats, for like 10USD or something. :)

Edited by MMDE

I still have a pretty extensive PS3 backlog, so I have no plans to buy a PS4 anytime soon, even although I'm desperate to play Uncharted 4 and MGS V (yes, I know MGS is also on PS3, but I'm willing to hold out for the PS4 version).  Once I clear most of that backlog and have enough spare cash available, I'll look towards buying it, but it won't be this year.

I have had my PS4 since launch, and I still play on my PS3, not as much as normal lately, though. Right now I am making my way through KH2.5, and plan on trying to actually finish Lightning Returns lol. PS3 has too many good games for me to just drop it!

The PS3 has an incredible library of games so you can always find an excuse to go back and play it. So many good memories all across that system

I will admit though, it does seem very clunky going back. I guess being spoiled by the beautiful PS4 display takes away from that ancient XMB haha. And good lord the PS Store and trophy sync are sooooo slow on the PS3. Kind of makes you thankful for how good of an upgrade we got

I do. I'm actually going to replay Dark Souls 1 again real soon, and when a friend gets Uncharted 3 we're going to play it (plus other games he might get). 

Ever since I got my PS4 I turned my PS3 into a State-of-the-Art Netflix Machine. 

• 1 month later...

I just got back into gaming and started with the PS3 since it had most of the games I wanted.

Then got a PS4 a while later.  Sooo many cool games on both.

Right now I'm playing the BioShock games on my PS3 and after these I'll probably do FarCry 4 or Alien: Isolation on my PS4.

I still have WAY too many PS3 games laying around to even consider a purchase of a PS4...... seeing things the way they are now, I don't need a PS4 just yet.

This is the same as me - I still have an extensive backlog, so there's no way I'm buying a PS4 until next year at the earliest.  PS3 still has so much to offer.

• Like 2

This is the same as me - I still have an extensive backlog, so there's no way I'm buying a PS4 until next year at the earliest.  PS3 still has so much to offer.

Yep. So far there's virtually nothing that has convinced me to get a PS4 yet. That might change with Persona 5 and No Man's Sky, but for now... Not really. I only played Bloodborne and Dark Souls III on a friend's PS4 because I really wanted to play those two.