Table top Racing pursuit special event YO sushi 3 stars

Nice video - the shortcut is very handy. Wish I had seen this before spending an hour on it last night!

I managed to do it in 1:17 without using the shortcut.

A few tips -

• Get hard on the brakes for the first sharp right turn that descends down near the chopping boards. You shouldn't be anywhere near the purple and pink saucers like the video above. Get tight to the apex of the corner.
  • The above will mean you hit the boost pickup before the chopping boards, and you will have a better line through to the next couple of corners. Boost when you straighten up on the green chopping board.
  • If you're lucky you will now pickup another two boosts which you can use to zoom past the frying pan.
  • Keep very tight to the apex for the next corner, I probably wouldn't boost around this corner like the video above, but instead wait until you're through the shortcut and on a straight bit of track.

Good luck!

• Like 2

The one suggestion I'd make on this one is near the first part of the race where you are turning and the track is dipping down and to the right do 2 things: 1 have a boost on you and 2 break while staying on the top part of the track and steer the car as to angle it in the direction of the track below. Once you've done that, hit the boost you saved and jump over the gap within the curve to land for a pretty straight shot into the next area while possibly picking up the boost below if you get really good at it. 

Nice video - the shortcut is very handy. Wish I had seen this before spending an hour on it last night!

I managed to do it in 1:17 without using the shortcut.

A few tips -

• Get hard on the brakes for the first sharp right turn that descends down near the chopping boards. You shouldn't be anywhere near the purple and pink saucers like the video above. Get tight to the apex of the corner.
  • The above will mean you hit the boost pickup before the chopping boards, and you will have a better line through to the next couple of corners. Boost when you straighten up on the green chopping board.
  • If you're lucky you will now pickup another two boosts which you can use to zoom past the frying pan.
  • Keep very tight to the apex for the next corner, I probably wouldn't boost around this corner like the video above, but instead wait until you're through the shortcut and on a straight bit of track.

Good luck!

funny thing is that with all my previous attempts i jumped on that sharp turn to the right  without getting near the sauces, i was kinda lucky there because i was already pretty tired and posted it to help a friend (he missed only this track for the platinum and he is way better than i am in the racing genre) i knew he missed something on it (the shortcut) + he also played while being tired.

so yeah the video is basically to show the option of the shortcut rather than my poor driving skills lol

ps

the first time i should have stopped the clock at a about 1:14 but instead of bashing the other car i missed it and flew off the table  :facepalm:

Edited by barakmh

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, DF007gamer said:

I know the feeling1f602.png I didn't struggle with this one but the track on the yacht. 

Any tips on the yacht pursuit?

I have watched videos and raced over and over again, cannot get it in time... I did all other pursuits, but this one is impossible for me, best is like 20-25 sec off (or app. a lap behind gold time)

33 minutes ago, Martinhopp said:

Any tips on the yacht pursuit?

I have watched videos and raced over and over again, cannot get it in time... I did all other pursuits, but this one is impossible for me, best is like 20-25 sec off (or app. a lap behind gold time)

25 sec off is alot. I was like a sec or two off everytime before actually getting it. The only way to get the lap times done is the collect all boost pickups and use the boosts with perfect timing on the right lines. I remember doing this through trail and error. 

If you knock into something and you lost a second or two then just restart the race instead of going the full 10 laps.  

Edited by DF007gamer

3 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

25 sec off is alot. I was like a sec or two off everytime before actually getting it. The only way to get the lap times done is the collect all boost pickups and use the boosts with perfect timing on the right lines. I remember doing this through trail and error. 

If you miss a single boost pick up then restart the race. You won't make it. 

I know it is a lot... All others I was fairly close to begin with and got them fairly easily, but this one...

And I truly have tried everything, also regarding different boost strategies. I am just not getting close to that Porsche in time.

Do you by any chance remember your lap times?

I´ll give it a go again, boosting only on straight lines, restart if I miss a boost.

This was my last race before getting the plat. Can't remember my time but is was always a half a second short. What makes it frustrating is knowing that's its the only thing between you and the platinum. That's what pissed me off ?. 

You don't have to collect all the boost icons but most of them as you have to boost on the right straights and corners most of the time. 

15 minutes ago, Martinhopp said:

I know it is a lot... All others I was fairly close to begin with and got them fairly easily, but this one...

And I truly have tried everything, also regarding different boost strategies. I am just not getting close to that Porsche in time.

Do you by any chance remember your lap times?

I´ll give it a go again, boosting only on straight lines, restart if I miss a boost.

Are we talking about the same yacht race. I'm referring to the Untsinkable 2, 10 lap time challenge special event

Edited by DF007gamer

1 hour ago, DF007gamer said:

This was my last race before getting the plat. Can't remember my time but is was always a half a second short. What makes it frustrating is knowing that's its the only thing between you and the platinum. That's what pissed me off 1f602.png

You don't have to collect all the boost icons but most of them as you have to boost on the right straights and corners most of the time. 

Are we talking about the same yacht race. I'm referring to the Untsinkable 2, 10 lap time challenge special event

I did the 10 lap challenge, no problem, it is the pursuit on same track, where you have to catch the Porsche that I cannot get close to gold.

That is why I can not understand that I´m off by so much on the pursuit... If I sucked at the 10 lap, ok, but this is just strange.

13 hours ago, jucinho said:

Smashed it now

Delete the stupid game after i popped plat

That's exactly what I did. But the game isn't that bad it's just there is no replay value once you plat the game.

15 hours ago, Martinhopp said:

I did the 10 lap challenge, no problem, it is the pursuit on same track, where you have to catch the Porsche that I cannot get close to gold.

That is why I can not understand that I´m off by so much on the pursuit... If I sucked at the 10 lap, ok, but this is just strange.

I know they had a update which made some races more difficult like "Unsinkable 2" they made the gold from 4:50 to 4:42. I'll download the game again this weekend and do that race again to see if it's changed and get back to you. Is your car set up right? just asking. But Ill get back to you on this. Send me a DM to remind me