If getting the "Big Leagues" trophy in Multiplayer by hackers puts you into the "Dirty" section of the leaderboard, then why is it not being enforced?

Is a trophy not obtainable in this game? 

It's the Big Leagues trophy, the one for winning 5 multiplayer games in the Leagues mode after getting placed in a division, which requires you to play 5 games to give you a skill rating which is what is determined to rank you into a division. Leagues mode is closed now, forever stuck in pre-season (which is the 5 games that determine your skill), since Black Ops III is out. 

Also, quick question I want to ask:

The game's platinum is still obtainable, but only to those like myself who already have the Big Leagues trophy. If somehow this game does get blacklisted as having unobtainable trophies, shouldn't only the one trophy be flagged and blacklisted, rather than the platinum? It'd be awful to have earned this trophy over 3 years ago and get the platinum this year, only to have my account flagged as a cheater cuz I got the platinum after Big Leagues was blacklisted

• Like 1

Surely they would see that you earned Big Leagues years ago. I'm about to get this Platinum and I got this trophy couple years ago. Why would they flag you if you clearly earned it before it was unobtainable? That sounds very unconventional on the admins side of things.

• Like 2

When you report someone it clearly states 5 trophies must be cheated. Flagging a game for 1 trophy is silly, glitches happen.

So anyone that hacks this trophy ( or any game if under 5 trophies) can just say it was a glitch and get away with it :P . Not entirely fair i must say. By the way i think the number required to report should be lowered 

• 2 weeks later...

So anyone that hacks this trophy ( or any game if under 5 trophies) can just say it was a glitch and get away with it :P . Not entirely fair i must say. By the way i think the number required to report should be lowered 

Basically means you can do all the easy trophies in a game, hack the 1-2 of the hardest trophies, and just say "Yeah glitches happen you know".

Earned the 10,000 online kills in Resistance 2 today, cause glitches happen, even tho online is dead.

Well, it's a lot fairer than getting flagged just because a hacker popped Big Leagues for you in public matchmaking. Are we expected to just stop playing our favourite PS3 games altogether now, in fear of hackers popping trophies? There's no perfect solution here, but Sly's comes pretty damn close.

Furthermore, if the Big Leagues trophy was nearly as demanding as the other trophy you cited, you may have a stronger argument. But winning 5 games is drastically different than grinding tens of hours for 10,000 kills, and Activision arbitrarily removing an online feature just for the fuck of it is vastly different than Sony shutting down the online services for a dead game.

Edited by GIONAScm2

Well, it's a lot fairer than getting flagged just because a hacker popped Big Leagues for you in public matchmaking. Are we expected to just stop playing our favourite PS3 games altogether now, in fear of hackers popping trophies? There's no perfect solution here, but Sly's comes pretty damn close.

Furthermore, if the Big Leagues trophy was nearly as demanding as the other trophy you cited, you may have a stronger argument. But winning 5 games is drastically different than grinding tens of hours for 10,000 kills, and Activision arbitrarily removing an online feature just for the fuck of it is vastly different than Sony shutting down the online services for a dead game.

Exactly. Autopopping of trophies on CoD games is an eventuality and not a random event. Most CoD modding tools have the feature, so if a person plays BO2 long enough, and unfortunately ends up in a modded lobby, they will have all their unearned trophies pop with random timestamps. There's not much that can be done from that point. 

• Like 1

Exactly. Autopopping of trophies on CoD games is an eventuality and not a random event. Most CoD modding tools have the feature, so if a person plays BO2 long enough, and unfortunately ends up in a modded lobby, they will have all their unearned trophies pop with random timestamps. There's not much that can be done from that point.

If that's the case,cant they just make sure to not sync the trophies,and then they just make a new user on their ps3 and they wont have the modded trophies on their account?

To me, numbers are arbitrary; it should be based on circumstance.  If a trophy is clearly hacked as it is and has been unobtainable for a long time, that's outright blatant cheating, and is on par with hacking an entire trophy list in seconds.  It seems the waters are murky in regards to this game as from the sound of it there's so many cheaters popping trophies for legit players that there's no clear way to enforce it.  However there are plenty of games where people obviously hack trophies, and any limitations in reporting those people by requiring a certain number of trophies when reporting them is IMO arbitrary.  I understand why there's a number, but it really should just be a suggestion or recommendation.  Clear cheaters shouldn't get away with cheating just cause they only hacked a couple trophies.  One should be enough if it's blatantly obvious, and 3 or 5 or 10 or more should be needed if it's hard to tell otherwise (like out of order trophies, or really close timestamps on trophies that couldn't possibly be earned that close to each other).  It's all situational.

If that's the case,cant they just make sure to not sync the trophies,and then they just make a new user on their ps3 and they wont have the modded trophies on their account?

If the trophies are popped, the trophies are signed to the local user. The next time that PSN account is synced, there's no way to remove the modded stamps (without using a jailbroken system). What you're saying is that a legit user should immediately abandon that PSN account and start a new one where they may face the same event again, and wouldn't be able to get Big Leagues as consequence. 

If the trophies are popped, the trophies are signed to the local user. The next time that PSN account is synced, there's no way to remove the modded stamps (without using a jailbroken system). What you're saying is that a legit user should immediately abandon that PSN account and start a new one where they may face the same event again, and wouldn't be able to get Big Leagues as consequence.

When I say user I'm referring to local user. Of course I wouldn't want someone to abandon their psn account because of something like this,but they could abandon that local user before syncing those trophies. From what you've posted,have I gotten it wrong? So even if you don't sync the trophies,and you create a new local use,the trophies won't be gone? I always thought they would be.

When I say user I'm referring to local user. Of course I wouldn't want someone to abandon their psn account because of something like this,but they could abandon that local user before syncing those trophies. From what you've posted,have I gotten it wrong? So even if you don't sync the trophies,and you create a new local use,the trophies won't be gone? I always thought they would be.

I see what you're saying now. Yeah, I would think if they're not synced, and you delete the local user, your trophies would be safe. Only problem would be backing up saves.

• 8 months later...
On 6/26/2016 at 8:11 PM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Also, quick question I want to ask:

The game's platinum is still obtainable, but only to those like myself who already have the Big Leagues trophy. If somehow this game does get blacklisted as having unobtainable trophies, shouldn't only the one trophy be flagged and blacklisted, rather than the platinum? It'd be awful to have earned this trophy over 3 years ago and get the platinum this year, only to have my account flagged as a cheater cuz I got the platinum after Big Leagues was blacklisted

I believe you would be exempt if the timestamps show that you earned the disabled trophy before the shutdown date. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

On 5/26/2016 at 0:39 AM, er_campanario said:

Well... I do not see any good explanation of why getting the platinum should put you in "Dirty List" . 

A company that refuses to put any care in their product, a company that allow their games to be hacked without any support just for only the most recent game...

A company that do not even make an announcement saying they are closing the leagues when they earn million dollars... This franchise and the company deserve to be burned out.

HACK Big Leagues AFTER you get everything legit, since Activision REFUSES to put a patch to unlock it on pre-leagues sessions . 

Total Respect, Honestly! :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok so I finally decide to start this game and plat it, my only question is how do I avoid to get all my trophies unlock when I have to play online for like prestige one for instance ?? I mean I need to play legit to get it, i don't want to be hacked and have everything unlock.

14 hours ago, Dr__Jekyll said:

Ok so I finally decide to start this game and plat it, my only question is how do I avoid to get all my trophies unlock when I have to play online for like prestige one for instance ?? I mean I need to play legit to get it, i don't want to be hacked and have everything unlock.

You don't, and that's the big issue. The game is not just knee deep in hackers you can do nothing about except not play the game, but haters on PSNP who will love to punish you just because you didn't know any better. If a PSN user had their own say whether they're added to the PSNP database the matter would be different, but as it is the users do not get a say if the trophies are popped for them, do not get a say whether someone adds them to PSNP, and do not get a say when they're flagged and publicly hackershamed on the site...

The purpose of the flag system is to clean up the leaderboards, but as you look at the forum posts by common users you'll notice they're attitude and behaviour around it is quite different. The best of both worlds would be for the trophy (or the game) to not count on the leaderboards at all. Now it's just an excuse for a witch hunt.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ars said:

You don't, and that's the big issue. The game is not just knee deep in hackers you can do nothing about except not play the game, but haters on PSNP who will love to punish you just because you didn't know any better. If a PSN user had their own say whether they're added to the PSNP database the matter would be different, but as it is the users do not get a say if the trophies are popped for them, do not get a say whether someone adds them to PSNP, and do not get a say when they're flagged and publicly hackershamed on the site...

The purpose of the flag system is to clean up the leaderboards, but as you look at the forum posts by common users you'll notice they're attitude and behaviour around it is quite different. The best of both worlds would be for the trophy (or the game) to not count on the leaderboards at all. Now it's just an excuse for a witch hunt.

Couldn't say it any better myself, and I know many people who agree with us too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dr__Jekyll said:

Play it with friends you trust! :) If someone pops your trophies for you, just don't synch, disconnect/disable internet on the console and backup your saves etc, and delete the user. You don't want to synch these trophies. And if you for some dumb reason still do synch these illegitimately earned trophies, just hide the game before someone flags you.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1