Uncharted 4 Multiplayer opinions

I feel like there is one huge thing missing, which is there is no levels in casual/non ranked matches. The feeling that you are progressing is kind of missing because of this. I just got rank Diamond I (which is the highest rank) maxed out on Ranked TDM and now I feel that there is nothing to do. I hope Naughty Dog adds them later to the game. I still like the multiplayer a lot though.

Uncharted 2 multiplayer was the best, Uncharted 4 second, Uncharted 3 third in my opinion.

What's your opinion?

Edited by TheAkittaja123

It's ok. I didn't even miss the level progression but always hated them ever since Call of Duty introduced it.

Deleted the game the second I got my plat, it's not like The Last of Us where I kept playing the multiplayer because it was so much fun.

It's good fun, but nothing I'd keep playing for longer periods of time. Then again, I never played MP in any of the Uncharted games beyond the vanilla trophy requirements. TLoU MP had a lot more to offer in my opinion, but even with that I stopped playing after a couple of days.

I really enjoy it, more than I thought. I wasn't a huge fan of the MP in Last of Us because it was so slow paced but so far it's been really fun. 

And no campers that's a big bonus. Everyone just enjoying the game and playing the objective most of the time, capturing flags etc. . .unlike CoD where most of the players only care about their KD 

Edited by MAGIC_ALONSO11

It's good fun. Definitely chaotic and encourages you to keep moving around. You can't really camp, but with the way the maps are set up there isn't really much reason to. I love that they kept the verticality from the campaign in the MP maps. Teamwork is greatly rewarded, and even when playing with randoms those who do even the smallest amount of unspoken coordination can wreck an opposing team. I won a couple deathmatch games 40-9 and 40-15, simply because my team played smart and didn't rush solo. That said, I won't be playing it much anymore since I got all the MP trophies. I don't find the gear unlock progression to offer much incentive to keep playing and beyond the Uncharted skin it's mostly your typical 3rd person shooter MP. The taunts are pretty hilarious though. 

After spending hours upon hours on Uncharted 2 and 3 multiplayer I was massively let down by Uncharted 4's. It's just so basic and lack lustre. I know a lot of people disliked the changes with Uncharted 3 but at least when you look past that there was still a lot going for it. I guess we'll have to wait and see what new game modes are coming and how the co-op is but for a game that was delayed so long to launch without even half of what Uncharted 2 and 3 multiplayer had its just shocking.

For me this is Naughty Dog's worst multiplayer: Uncharted 2 = Uncharted 3 > The Last of Us > Uncharted 4

Really enjoying UC4 MP at the moment but not sure if that is just hype blindness. Maybe in a week or two I will not enjoy it. 

I really enjoyed UC2 MP and had no love for UC3 MP. 

I am looking forward to the DLC dropping and that will bring me back in once I eventually give up with the MP. 

• Like 1

It's not the new additions and changes that are the problem with Uncharted 4 multiplayer. I actually really enjoy the mysticals, sidekicks, and I don't even have a problem with the revives and the radar. It's just that it's missing so much of the old stuff from Uncharted 2 and 3 multiplayer that really added to the gameplay variety that make the Uncharted 4 multiplayer a completely different game in comparison to its single player component this time around. They replaced stealth kills with the grappling hook strike which isn't bad, it's actually like, a 0.5 second faster or so but it's strange when you can't do that in the single player, and even though there's no throwback grenades in the single player either but it just feels like a step back, but like, there's no propane tanks or turrets and yet the single player has them. Really though, what screws up the game most of all is the loadout system vs picking guns off the ground. Yea the loadout system makes the game interesting in its own approach, but you are so much more limited compared to planning out what guns you're running for and everybody having an equal advantage at the start and I prefer this method of strategy 2 and 3 had much more than carefully planning a loadout and sticking with it, and besides, picking up the guns you want just speaks more of what Uncharted is about being about carefree improvising and adventure. I'd get into the lack of game modes (which they are adding later thankfully) and Steve Valentine but that's not what I'm here to talk about.

Edited by Potter13579

Just like UC2 and UC3, I think there will be a lot of changes to MP with the DLCs... so I wouldn't exactly judge it too much just yet, especially for being bare bones. Sure, it's not included in the base game, so you gotta pay more to get it and that's shit. :\

Edited by MMDE

Just like UC2 and UC3, I think there will be a lot of changes to MP with the DLCs... so I wouldn't exactly judge it too much just yet, especially for being bare bones. Sure, it's not included in the base game, so you gotta pay more to get it and that's shit. :\

All multiplayer dlc will be free. Facts are fun.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/02/uncharted-4-multiplayer-guide-2/

• Like 3

I actually really like the multiplayer, I feel as though it is more balanced than previous installments so people who join in late on won't be going up against high level people who have all the power weapon spawns memorized.  I like there are no power weapons on the map and I like that no one can pick up your stuff when you die.

Feel that more strategy is involved with this installment, promotes team work rather than people just running all over the map by themselves.

Think they did a great thing to remove the grenade throw back feature and I like how grenades have a smaller detonation time.  Also mines....they are my favorite thing, placed in strategic positions around the map. I'm pretty vigilant so consider it hilarious watching the "mine down" messages pop up on my screen.

I've only really played team death match so far, but watched my husband do a few rounds of Command.  

I love the introduction of mystical's and sidekicks.  Originally I thought it would be rubbish but now I've played with all of them, I have loadouts specifically for each map designed to play to my strengths and weaknesses.  My daily challenge for today was 15 hunter sidekick spawns...that was the only sidekick I've not yet used, but ended coming up top of the leaderboard for all my matches with my loadout.

Uncharted 3 multiplayer killed the fun for me, so I was apprehensive but love this one.  Curious to see what they will be adding in the future, but I'll still play on a daily basis as I have a few good team mates who I met through the Uncharted MP communities on PS4 and I like doing the daily challenges :)

• Like 1

I don't like having to unlock all the mysticals, sidekicks, and gear.

That's like playing TF2 and the only classes you get from the start are Scout and Soldier, and the game tells you "you gotta unlock all the other classes, get 100 kills for this one, 200 for that one, etc."