Persona 4 golden - First time

Captain_Earink

Cant speak about everythinng since I havent platted it yet but be prepared for a long, tedious game. Not saying its bad but a lot of stuff you need to keep track of if you want to plat it. And one trophy, requires you to hear some many unique dialogues before the game ends. And like a lot of games, doesnt track it so you dont know how much left you will need.

There's a lot of focus on the story including dialogue and character development so expect a lot of time to be spent on that and not crawling through dungeons. This game was something new to me and I absolutely enjoyed it. I felt it was worth playing twice, which you need to do anyway if you intend to go for all the trophies. Have fun!

You will definitely need one guided playthrough as it's almost impossible to get many collectibles without guide.

Another thing you should know is that this game cannot be plated in one playthrough. And if you don't want more than two, you absolutely need to reach true ending in your first playthrough.

Even though all people above are right, I suggest you play through your first playthrough without a guide. The game will tell you when important things are going to happen (which basically decides what ending you'll get). Just make sure you make multiple saves at that moment. If it would happen that you didn't get the true ending in your first playtrough, you can just start from that important point and play from there onwards with a guide. This way it won't ruin your experience.

• Like 1

What I recommend is in the first playthrough just enjoy the story but focus on maxing your social stats and reading all the books (you will need a guide for this but the book guide doesn’t have mayor spoilers and trust me you want to have all the time in the world to max your social links in the second playthrough ...plus reading will help you boosting the social skills) but be sure to get the true ending (you will get a warning to create a back up save when you get to the point of making the real choices).....also get all the persona cards you can get and the skill cards after the battles but be sure to give the skill cards to Marie this will save you a lot of grinding at the end of your second playthrough.

In the second playthrough you’ll want to use a guide because the nature of the game you have limited time to get all the remaining trophies.

...oh and avoid playing in very easy you will want to get the Rise lines and is easier if you are playing on easy or normal

Edited by Gil_Godlike

Awesome, thanks for the tips guys! yeah I tend to do 1 run without a guide because like you mention, there can be spoilers! handy to know about the multiple endings though as I wasn't aware! :) also good to know that it can't be platinum'd in one run. 

What I recommend is in the first playthrough just enjoy the story but focus on maxing your social stats and reading all the books (you will need a guide for this but the book guide doesn’t have mayor spoilers and trust me you want to have all the time in the world to max your social links in the second playthrough ...plus reading will help you boosting the social skills) but be sure to get the true ending (you will get a warning to create a back up save when you get to the point of making the real choices).....also get all the persona cards you can get and the skill cards after the battles but be sure to give the skill cards to Marie this will save you a lot of grinding at the end of your second playthrough.

In the second playthrough you’ll want to use a guide because the nature of the game you have limited time to get all the remaining trophies.

...oh and avoid playing in very easy you will want to get the Rise lines and is easier if you are playing on easy or normal

I'll probably start on normal or hard? not sure what to expect difficulty wise though. I usually play every game on the hardest available, but as I know nothing about this, I'm kinda scared! haha :)

I'll probably start on normal or hard? not sure what to expect difficulty wise though. I usually play every game on the hardest available, but as I know nothing about this, I'm kinda scared! haha :)

Playing on hardest difficulty may not be that recommendable since... the first two bosses are the worst =D

Once you get past them, you will be okay for the rest of the game =d

Playing on hardest difficulty may not be that recommendable since... the first two bosses are the worst =D

Once you get past them, you will be okay for the rest of the game =d

You mean the second and the third boss? ;)

The reason for not choose very easy difficulty is because the hardcore Risette fan this trophy can be very simple or your worst nightmare...I explain:

During the battles certain character will say some dialogue for various reasons: there is a line for encountering 1 weak enemy, 2 weak enemies....4 weak enemies the same for strong enemies and same level enemies. There is also dialogue line for every status ailment for every character….. And a lot more

The thing is if you choose very easy difficulty you gain a lot of EXP and become OP very fast ....thus eliminating the strong enemy dialogue lines also making very difficult for your character to get status ailment making very hard to get those dialogue line too.

Feel free to choose easy difficulty (NOT very easy) but be careful to not train too much ....run through the mazes and only level the necessary to be at the same level (o lower) than the enemies.

Edited by Gil_Godlike

Even though all people above are right, I suggest you play through your first playthrough without a guide. The game will tell you when important things are going to happen (which basically decides what ending you'll get). Just make sure you make multiple saves at that moment. If it would happen that you didn't get the true ending in your first playtrough, you can just start from that important point and play from there onwards with a guide. This way it won't ruin your experience.

This is so true. Since you cant plat P4G in a single playthrough, just enjoy the game on the difficulty that you want. When you begin your 2nd run, use a guide to get the collectibles (especially the books for its trophy) - which will be easy since you will be able to carry some data from finishing the game.

Enjoy one of the best Vita games and when you have the opportunity... date Chie! She is the best girl.

haha I'm kind of liking Marie, she seems cool!! and interesting. It's so difficult knowing how to organise your time best!! :o

That is why on your first playthrough you should just play the game how you like. Don't worry about organizing your time properly as you will do everything on your second playthrough.

Just enjoy spending time with the people you like :)

Just thought I'd post an update. Not sure if anyone is interested! but still...Currently on the search for Kanji, 05/31 not sure if that's good or not...Should be doing the dungeon today (I hope) also I have the fox character on my team.

Should I always have the best/highest level Persona I can (providing I cover a wide range of skills) and Is it recommended to give 1 persona all elements? to knock down enemies? or is that silly?

absolutely loving this game! can't believe I've only just discovered it.

Cheers all, youv've been awesome :)

• 7 months later...

If it wasn't for the stupid Hardcore Risette Fan trophy, this list would be great. What a dumb idea for a trophy.

On 1/16/2017 at 1:59 PM, CaptainMonkster said:

I actually bought this a few months ago and couldn't get into it, then when flooding caused a black out a few days ago I thought I'd give it another go. After a few hours, easily one of the best JRPGS I've played haha

It's totally awesome. Best of all, even with a guide telling you what choices to make (e.g. for exam questions, or who to spend time with, etc.), nothing is spoiled. One of the last JRPGs with a story in which I had any investment.

• Like 1

On Fri Jan 20 2017 at 4:31 PM, starcrunch061 said:

If it wasn't for the stupid Hardcore Risette Fan trophy, this list would be great. What a dumb idea for a trophy.

It's totally awesome. Best of all, even with a guide telling you what choices to make (e.g. for exam questions, or who to spend time with, etc.), nothing is spoiled. One of the last JRPGs with a story in which I had any investment.

Here's hoping persona 5 will be just as good!