question about the shopaholic trophy

thanks. i can't remember when starting if i spent salvage pts on an upgrade. if i do, will this lucky glitch no longer work?

Its not a glitch in this version. They removed him from the requirements for the trophy. In fact it was patched to remove it on the ps3 version too

No. The weapon upgrades are separate.  The General is no longer a requirement for the trophy, but all the other characters are. Similarly, weapon upgrades are required for a different trophy.

That said, there are reports of a glitch, which I think the OP is referring to, but I don't know the steps required, sorry. 

removed 'him' - do you mean removed buying weapon upgrades as a criteria for this trophy or are you referring to the general (of which i already know)? thanks

Apologies. When I played the game way back when I wasn't aware of a 2nd glitch that made getting the shopaholic trophy easier, only the aforementioned glitch with the general in the original.

They dont appear to have removed the general for the trophy, I have unlocked everything apart from him and no trophy

i got the shopaholic trophy without the general - i bought everyone else but bear in mind i didnt get any upgrades. have you bought all players? if so, exit multiplayer then exit the game. then go back in the game and then go to multiplayer and the trophy should pop.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 28.5.2016 at 7:30 PM, rockstarjazz said:

i got the shopaholic trophy without the general - i bought everyone else but bear in mind i didnt get any upgrades. have you bought all players? if so, exit multiplayer then exit the game. then go back in the game and then go to multiplayer and the trophy should pop.

Edit: My mistake: I had not switched factions to buy the remaining characters.

PS3: Does not work for me. Latest patch installed. I bought all characters. Bought all upgrades for all weapons, main and secondary, including the one Hitman weapon I have. I am at level 60, and have not chosen any prestige level. After meeting these conditions, I quit the game, even turned off the console, in separate attempts. Signed back in to multiplayer. Nothing unlocked Shopaholic. Any suggestions or insights?

Edited by Sevens2-

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2020 at 2:50 AM, stiviwonderstif said:

I have the game for PS4 and I just did it. So, I did NOT buy any upgrade, when you reach the level 60 and you have enough salvage, buy all the characters of booth factions. You do not need to buy The General.

Once you have done this, quit the multiplayer and go back to the main menu. Once there, quit the game and close the app of the game. Load the game again, and after 5-10 seconds during the credits, even before loads the menu, the trophy will pop.

I just did it now. So I confirm that this glitch STILL WORKS on PS4 in October 2020. I have the last and the only update this game received. And I think, for a 2014 game, this will remain.

Works like a charm, thanks!

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The trick works perfectly in 2023 (I got it a couple of weeks ago). I bought all the characters in both sides, with the exception of the General. I bought Lara the last one, went back to the main menu, closed the game, open it again and the trophy popped without an issue. I didn't got any upgrade for any weapon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...