I need to kill the big bosses online for the dark history parts, but the fights take forever/are absurdly difficult compared to anything that was in the story mode. The recommended level can be 45-55, I'm lvl 65-70 and still it takes 5-10 minutes and my health widdles down/i die. I see that the JP version had a patch shortly after release that reduced the online bosses hp/stats. I'm wondering if theres any word on this coming to the NA version, or if the reduction/time saved isn't significant enough to wait for the patch.

• Like 1

Sadly, the bosses in the NA version are already the same stats as the bosses in JP's 1.01 patch. Originally every boss had hp in the millions, making them take near forever to solo. Now, most of the bosses are in the hundreds of thousands hp range.

As for beating the bosses faster, main tip is sadly just increase your power. I was going to make a thread about the best way to defeat bosses since I think my current approach sucks, but was going to experiment first.

The bosses are rather easy anyway and you can break parts to make some of their attacks less effective also you can get dark parts online too most other players have lev 99 chars with quite good stats. Also taking 5-10 min isn't that  bad since you have like 1h time to kill em. A perfect block also makes you recieve 0 damage or you could also use i frames of special moves or EXE to avoid getting damage.

IMO... I find the Multiplay Bosses annoying rather than hard... if you are having very hard time to deal with them... I suggest following what bladesoframen said in the guide:

The most straightforward way to complete Multiplayer mode is to simply complete every mission. If you are having problems beating the giant enemies, raise your defense...

• If you can get 600 defense, all of the 3★ enemies and half of the 4★ enemies can't damage you.
  • If you have 800 defense, all but the strongest of enemies in 4★ and 5★ will hurt you.
  • Sadly, by only buffing your character through levels, 800 defense is about the highest you'll go (it varies a bit based on character), but if you use items and go up to 1200 defense, there are no enemies in the game that can hurt you.

As a result, if you have enough defense, feel free to just mash square.png to kill a boss while you do something else.

If you are still struggling...

-max your level to 99 in story mode first (the metal dogoo quest in scene 11 is my fave stage to boost level) then max your strength... 

-if it is Thursday in your area... complete the Beginner Daily Quest til you complete P Valun M set. It gives additional 52k AP that will be needed to max HP and Tech (if you missed it, the quest will again appears every Sunday from 6 PM to 7:59 PM)

-equip History Parts you have

I personally used Uni with max def and att in AP and equip her with her 4th weapon + attack+ program(?) and +% attack in first 30 secs... then dash to big boss...  :cross:  :square:  :square:  :square:  :square:  :circle:  :square:  :square:  :square:  :square:  :square:  rinse and repeat... of course for 80-99 level bosses... Nepbulls are huge help...

Edited by JaM

Your problem might lie in the Character you play, I'm pretty sure bosses shouldn't take over 3 minutes. 

I have only 3 characters that are level 99 but they all have different power : Purple Sister has 1331, Black Sister has 1426 and Yellow Heart has 1324 (these are without modifications).

Even with those numbers it feels like my Yellow Heart has the highest damage of the 3.

I think it was that everything in story mode dying so fast it kind of spoiled my patience. Also I tried playing with 4 people, but 2 of them were way underleveled and that took forever (20  minutes). I'm using Tamsoft, I got her to 99 and have 1134 power and like 870 def now. The bosses die in 2:30-4 minutes now, and if theres 2 of them it takes maybe 6 or 7 minutes.

Edited by lednatius

I find Black Heart to be the best goddess to use: Make sure you have defence and tech to max and throw any remaining points into power. Then keep spamming triangle + square when fighting the boss. Your exe drive will build up really fast this way.

Also equip stuff that increase power. You can do Deadring in 90 seconds with Noire at 1800 power. It's really easy.

I also recommend playing solo. For some reason, I kill them much faster without a team. Not sure if bosses get stronger when you team up with people instead of playing alone?

• Like 1

The giant bosses were too easy for me, I already had a trained character over Lv. 80 (currently at Lv 96) before starting the multiplayer missions, the dark history parts of the story mode final boss helped me a lot and only the very few enemies on 4 or 5 stars levels actually did a little damage to me and I NEVER had to use a single item. But yeah, just like old Co-op games, the enemy stats scale based on how many players are in the lobby. Now I have problem with the all events trophy, because I don't know what stages I have to play to unlock the events (hints are in the game about the characters involved).

The giant bosses were too easy for me, I already had a trained character over Lv. 80 (currently at Lv 96) before starting the multiplayer missions, the dark history parts of the story mode final boss helped me a lot and only the very few enemies on 4 or 5 stars levels actually did a little damage to me and I NEVER had to use a single item. But yeah, just like old Co-op games, the enemy stats scale based on how many players are in the lobby. Now I have problem with the all events trophy, because I don't know what stages I have to play to unlock the events (hints are in the game about the characters involved).

here

@Thoootje10 i had the same experience with multiplayer, i think the HP of bosses scale with the number of players and the online lobby doesn't really tell you what level your partners are so that might be a problem

Just press square then it will highlight your ID then go left or right and press X (if you are on some other players ID) so you can check their stats and also see their level.

About bosses yeah they do get more HP if you play with other people.

Now I have problem with the all events trophy, because I don't know what stages I have to play to unlock the events (hints are in the game about the characters involved).

Here a list of all needed chars and stages for extra events.

Alternate Events:

2-1: Nepgear and Tamsoft

2-3: Rom and Ram

3-1 Nepgear and Tamsoft

3-1 Rom and Ram

3-3: Nepgear and Dengekiko

3-3: Famitsu and Tamsoft

4-1: Ram and Dengekiko

4-1: Famitsu and Tamsoft

4-3: Noire and Uni

4-3: Nepgear and Rom

4-5: Noire and Uni

4-5: Dengekiko and Famitsu

5-1: Noire and Dengekiko

5-1: Nepgear and Uni

5-3: Noire and Vert

5-3: Uni and Tamsoft

5-5: Uni and Rom

5-5: Noire and Ram

6-1: Rom and Ram

6-1: Dengekiko and Famitsu

6-2: Uni and Dengekiko

6-2: Noire and Famitsu

6-3: Uni and Tamsoft

6-3: Nepgear and Dengekiko

6-4: Nepgear and Dengekiko

6-4: Uni and Tamsoft

6-5: Noire and Vert

6-5: Nepgear and Uni

6-6: Noire and Vert

6-6: Nepgear and Uni

6-7: Noire and Vert

6-7: Nepgear and Uni

8-1: Vert and Uni

8-1: Nepgear and Rom

8-2: Vert and Uni

8-2: Nepgear and Rom

8-3: Vert and Uni

8-3: Nepgear and Rom

9-1: Noire and Uni

9-1: Vert and Nepgear

9-3: Noire and Uni

9-3: Vert and Nepgear

10-3: Noire and Rom

10-3: Ram and Tamsoft

11-6: Noire and Famitsu

11-6: Vert and Dengekiko

---

Special Events:

- Complete 4-5 with Blanc and Nepgear as a team

- Complete 5-5 with Noire and Vert as a team

- Complete 6-3 using a team with two of the following characters: Neptune, Noire, or Vert

- Complete 6-1, 6-5, and 6-6 with Nepgear and Uni as a team

- Complete 8-2 with Blanc and Tamsoft as a team

- Complete 8-4 with Vert and Tamsoft as a team

- Complete 9-4 with The Almighty Plutia and Uzume The God as a team

- Complete 10-1 with Peashy Master Race and Uzume The God as a team

- Complete 11-5 using a team with two of the following characters: Noire, Blanc, or Rom

- Complete 11-8 using a team with two of the following characters: Noire, Blanc, Rom, or Ram

- Start Multiplayer

- Start Multiplayer after defeating all of the Multiplayer Bosses

Edited by Tosmasta00

Since I just finished getting all the english names for events, here is the list I'm using for the guide https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q86bHv3Vx1ZC39Tcl20WEP4YGo5V28kzzqR6xTFHB1s/edit?usp=sharing

Note: I hate how the localization is incredibly inconsistent with caps.

(For anyone asking, the english version of the guide is going to take a while to finish because I recorded all my treasure information and going to redo the treasure section in addition to finding all the english names for everything)

Edited by bladesoframen

• 1 month later...

As  I have seen in the game so far, if in a future would be available a patch, it may be to fix some minus bugs and/or to improve the online mode, in the story mode, there are some bugs that crash the game, and in the online mode, sometimes the game doesn't get the connection in time with the other players, it provokes that the quest gets completed without playing it, but the good is that you don't have to defeat those creepy monsters and also you will get the SSS without trying it when that happens :D, about the time to defeat certain monsters, I will see it soon, I'm neophite in this new HN game, at the moment my experience in the  game is so so, sometimes is good, sometimes is hard (I have only my great- amazing-cute-beautiful-good looking-awesome Plutia in level 16 or 18, meanwhile Teamsoft, Nepgear, Uni and Noire between 4-13), I hope I will end the story mode soon, I have been playing it online more than single player

Edited by Zeitgeist-9