Rank the souls game Platinum from easiest to hardest

KRIEGLERR

From easiest to hardest

• Bloodborne (even though i struggled a lot more than any Souls because i kept getting 1 shot all the time)
  • Dark Souls II
  • Dark Souls
  • Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin
  • Dark Souls III
  • Demon's Souls 

The Demon's Souls legit farm is simply too much kompared to the rest of the Souls.  

From easiest to hardest:

Dark Souls II - Farming Sunlight medals for about 10 hours but the bosses are a bit more manageable

Dark Souls - Dual Boss difficulty and being my first Souls game there is a learning curve

Demon's Soul - Farming Pure Bladestone for about 15 hours and very confused about the World Tendency events. Bosses are pretty tough in my opinion.

I haven't got a PS4 yet for the other ones but might change the rankings.

Edited by fantrig99

From easiest to hardest:

Bloodborne

Demon's Souls

Dark Souls III

Dark Souls II (PS3 version)

Dark Souls

Dark Souls II (PS4 version)

Interesting what makes the PS4 version of Dark Souls II harder than the PS3 version ? Different trophy list ? I know the PS4 version is apparently different ( or so I've heard ) and with the DLC or DLC's I don't know

Edited by KRIEGLERR

Interesting what makes the PS4 version of Dark Souls II harder than the PS3 version ? Different trophy list ? I know the PS4 version is apparently different ( or so I've heard ) and with the DLC or DLC's I don't know

You have to play all of the DLC for the spells, and the DLC is no cakewalk.

Anyway, for me:

Demon's Souls (so many easy glitches to exploit, although character and world tendency are a pain)

Dark Souls 3 (come on, guys - passwords AND item trade, with cloud backup?)

Bloodborne (see above)

Dark Souls (pre-patch, you can exploit an invulnerability glitch)

Dark Souls II (PS4 harder than PS3, but both are harder than any of the other Souls games)

Edited by starcrunch061

From easiest to hardest to platinum:

1.  Dark Souls 3 (no exploit, no item trade)

2.  Dark Souls 2 ps3 (no exploit, no item trade)

3.  Dark Souls 2 ps4 with all DLCs (no exploit, no item trade, it's harder than ps3 version because all the spells in the DLCs are required for trophy)

4.  Dark Souls 1 (no exploit, no item trade)

5.  Demon's Souls (no exploit, no item trade)

I still don't have Bloodborne yet...may be this Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

Easiest to Hardest

1. Bloodborne
  2. Dark Souls 2
  3. Dark Souls 3
  4. Demon's Souls
  5. Dark Souls 1

I'm just missing DS1, and have been for years. But I'm doing a last run soon to get the Sorc/Mir/Pyros. It's going to be a pain because I'm SO used to DS3, and DS1 is quite different. Slower. 
I even made a Session about it. 

I have only done Demon's Souls and Bloodborne, I'm too lazy right now to get all weapons, miracles, and spells in Dark Souls I, II and III. I found Bloodborne to be really easy, aside from the Chalice Dungeons. Watchdog of the Old Lords... I'm looking at you. Demon's Souls was also pretty cake, aside from the farming. Luckily, I was able to trade weapons and items with another player to speed up the progress.

Easiest to hardest

I can't believe when people say Bloodborne was the easiest. Remember chalice dungeons fellas?

You just need to do it last. I beat then the suprisingly easy boss in the dungoen with level 120 ;)

I played now three games, almost 100% done in DS3 (only item farming)

Easiest to hardest Offline!:

Bloodborne

Dark Souls 3

Dark Souls 2

Just item farming in DS3 is worse than in DS2

I've only played 3 out of the series. So from what I've played.

Easiest to hardest to beat/plat

Bloodborne ( other than a boss or two in the dungeons everything is fairly simple )

Dark Souls 3 ( Just having to farm for certain items became annoying )

Dark Souls II:SotFS ( this whole plat was just fucked, had to do all DLC stuff to get it )

Although I can say from what a lot of people have told me, Demons Souls is the hardest in the series. But honestly don't k ow about Dark Souls or vanilla DSII.

I feel like Demon Souls' position on the list wholely depends on whether you farm/obtain the items yourself, or have someone give you them. I was in the latter category, as I liked the game, but not enough to be able to stand farming it, and I really hated World Tendency. Combat wise, I did find it the easiest because I wanted to try magic when I first started it, and found that it trivialized the game by how strong it was. (PvE)

Without further ado, my list easiest to hardest:

Demon's Souls

Bloodborne

Dark Souls 2

Dark Souls 3

Dark Souls

Edited by Griffon234

I REALLY wish they made everything no drop in the series because hearing how people just got handed items sucks. It dilutes the platinum rarity and gives a bunch of mediocres something they really didn't earn.

For me, easiest to hardest ( as someone who got each plat legit)-

Dark Souls 3

Dark Souls 2

Dark Souls

Demons Souls (for so many reasons, seeing people rank this as easiest burns my blood honestly)

Bloodborne (incomplete, doesn't capture my interest)

I REALLY wish they made everything no drop in the series because hearing how people just got handed items sucks. It dilutes the platinum rarity and gives a bunch of mediocres something they really didn't earn.

For me, easiest to hardest ( as someone who got each plat legit)-

Dark Souls 3

Dark Souls 2

Dark Souls

Demons Souls (for so many reasons, seeing people rank this as easiest burns my blood honestly)

Bloodborne (incomplete, doesn't capture my interest)

Eh, a lot of people did also do it without getting drops. :P 

You are right as it dilutes the platinum, but I think it's more that the Souls' franchise has a dedicated fanbase.

Just my two cents.

I must be missing something here because I've watched my wife play Bloodborne, and because you have to parry and cannot have a shield, from what I've seen, I've been content with remaining a spectator and not playing it myself. I watched her repeatedly get angry at the game because of the difficulty, and she's a damn good gamer. So I don't understand how a lot of you are saying it's the easiest one to platinum.

It's looking like this for me:

1. Dark Souls 3

2. Dark Souls

3. Dark Souls 2

4. Bloodborne

Can anyone explain to me why it's easier than DS3? DS3 has been babytown frolics compared to the other DS games for me.

I must be missing something here because I've watched my wife play Bloodborne, and because you have to parry and cannot have a shield, from what I've seen, I've been content with remaining a spectator and not playing it myself. I watched her repeatedly get angry at the game because of the difficulty, and she's a damn good gamer. So I don't understand how a lot of you are saying it's the easiest one to platinum.

It's looking like this for me:

1. Dark Souls 3

2. Dark Souls

3. Dark Souls 2

4. Bloodborne

Can anyone explain to me why it's easier than DS3? DS3 has been babytown frolics compared to the other DS games for me.

It's a matter of perspective. In my opinion, Bloodborne was the easiest one after Demon's Souls.

This is because of the fact I played Dark Souls 1 / 2 before I even started Bloodborne, and no one leaves a Souls' game without experience on tackling another.

The dodging system was also beautifully fluid in Bloodborne, which is why I found it easy, because I never really even tried to use blocking a lot to begin with in PvE Dark Souls prior to playing Bloodborne, and relied on a inferior dodging system to survive beforehand.

EDIT: You can SORT OF parry in Bloodborne by the way. You can use your gun to counter an attack from an enemy and get a visceral attack.

Edited by Griffon234

It's a matter of perspective. In my opinion, Bloodborne was the easiest one after Demon's Souls.

This is because of the fact I played Dark Souls 1 / 2 before I even started Bloodborne, and no one leaves a Souls' game without experience on tackling another.

The dodging system was also beautifully fluid in Bloodborne, which is why I found it easy, because I never really even tried to use blocking a lot to begin with in PvE Dark Souls prior to playing Bloodborne, and relied on a inferior dodging system to survive beforehand.

EDIT: You can SORT OF parry in Bloodborne by the way. You can use your gun to counter an attack from an enemy and get a visceral attack.

By me it is the other way around. I started with Bloodborne and I found out that it is not really hard, you just die often. Once you get the patterns it gets easy. Parrying with the weapon, important to mention!

After that I started DS2 and was confused why I ran through the game and get continuously less health from dying. Here in DS2 I had to learn much more than in the other games.

Edited by Dennis-nine-five

Having only played Bloodborne and Dark Souls III, and getting the platinum in both, I would say that while I thought DS3 was a very easy game, the platinum required an

annoying amount of grinding for covenant items so I would say from easiest to hardest,

Bloodborne

Dark Souls III

However I found the chalice dungeons in Bloodborne to be extremely boring and at some points, controller throwingly frustrating. The grinding of covenant Items in Dark Souls III was more frustrating and kind of the reason I haven't gone back to play DS2. Should I go back?

• 2 weeks later...

Bloodborne was easy and FUN.

I didn't bother to go for the plat in Dark Souls 2. I missed a couple of miracles in the DLC and just...couldn't face it again!

This plat, has been easy but a pain. The grind for covenant items is seriously soul destroying. Particularly Swordgrass and Concords.

I spent hours upon hours killing Silver Knights. 

Just got the +2 rings to get now, which after that grind is a BREEZE.

Saving the ring behind Nameless King for last! :)

I need to go back and platinum bloodborne before I can make a complete list but for the souls series 

Dark souls II (ps3 version)

Dark souls

Dark souls III

Demon souls

Demon souls was the worst for farming that stupid pure stone. The nightmares that followed the days of farming for that stone. 

Dark souls II was super easy for me. And I had done a lot of speed runs for Dark souls so that made it a bit easier.

Dark souls III is ranked pretty high due to my struggles with both the Nameless King and the Soul of Cinder boss battles. I struggled with those two.  

They're all pretty much the same game with tweaks here and there tbh.   Ranking them really just comes down to a few variables, which bosses over the games gave you a harder time than others etc...   I suppose it might depend on what game you first entered the franchise on, being that it'd likely be a new experience for most and would take some time to master the game mechanics, but subsequent games thereafter would, or should, have a familiarity about them and feel less challenging.  

There's not been any real innovation in the series since it's inception, which is something that disappointed me with DS3, albeit I enjoyed it.   Bloodborne offered a new dynamic, sure, but after a short while it just became a Souls game without your shield and a better dodge mechanic.  Weapon 'arts', yeah, just another attack mechanic, can't complain about having options but hardly ground-breaking.  Pretty much everything else was just standard fare over the iterations,  trash mobs, bosses, secret areas, jumping through lots of convoluted hoops to eventually end up with a 'hidden' weapon or ring or whatever, and farming, lots of farming.

Passwords and item trade are irrelevant to me, nary a fog gate has ever been empty of summon signs, and randoms generally know what they're doing anyway, or at least they're a useful distraction that should see your victory, and trading, nothing is overly hard to get in a souls game, it's a time saver more than anything.

I might have said Demon's was the hardest, but that's where I started and the series was obviously new to me back then, if I was to play it now I'd likely cruise through it on auto...   As I said, they're all fairly similar when it comes to difficulty.   Still a great franchise though, but I feel From maybe hamstrung themselves a little with the continued Dark games, with regards to innovation, but it'd be nice to see an entirely new take on a Souls game if, or when, they eventually return to it.

• Like 1