Best place to level weapons

JNSpradlin

Tried a few locations, but the best location I have found is during the first Deplanitizer level.  Go to the room where you fight 3 tanks, but one at a time.  Just pull out the weapon you want to level and unload on the tank.  Once you run out of ammo, just die and repeat. I never killed the 2nd tank just to make sure I could always restart the area.  Plus there is a vendor right there when you respawn.

I used that one room with the Amoeboids on Pokitaru. It's when you swim in the water line or whatever it was and when you get to the area where you turn the switch to have the platforms move there's a bunch of Amoeboids there. Once I beat them all I just went back to the main menu and loaded up the save since that's where the checkpoint is at. It's also a good place to farm Raritanium and Bolts.

Edit: I think it was Pokitaru anyway. It was either that or Kalebo III.

Edited by Redgrave

I used that one room with the Amoeboids on Pokitaru. It's when you swim in the water line or whatever it was and when you get to the area where you turn the switch to have the platforms move there's a bunch of Amoeboids there. Once I beat them all I just went back to the main menu and loaded up the save since that's where the checkpoint is at. It's also a good place to farm Raritanium and Bolts.

Edit: I think it was Pokitaru anyway. It was either that or Kalebo III.

Sounds like the place I did some leveling and farming at which was on Pokitaru

this game needed an arena, its in all other R&C games. thus it makes the weapon and health level ups more obtainable and less tedious imo. however im taking a break from it. i beat it. all i need to platinum the game that concerns me is the death by disco and the weapon levels.

I just went into the final boss fight and started unloading everything into the boss. The RYNO upgrades insanely fast this way. Plus, I think the boss has a little scripted action he does at 1% health, so you have time to die and restart the fight.

The only exceptions are the Sheepinator and Proton Drum. If you still need to upgrade your health as well, you can start a NewGame+ and solo most of the game with just those.

• Like 1

I just went into the final boss fight and started unloading everything into the boss. The RYNO upgrades insanely fast this way. Plus, I think the boss has a little scripted action he does at 1% health, so you have time to die and restart the fight.

The only exceptions are the Sheepinator and Proton Drum. If you still need to upgrade your health as well, you can start a NewGame+ and solo most of the game with just those.

im on challenge mode to get the omega weapons etc. so i need them all to go to level 10, but yes ill keep that in mind. both good farm spots i heard of are all involving the final level. kill most enemies, switch difficulty so it respawns everything, keeps xp. rinse repeat. 

only thing im hating is death by disco, i swear ive gotten every enemy and even NPC.... what are commonly missed ones ? this feels like FF13 treasure hunter all over again lol

im on challenge mode to get the omega weapons etc. so i need them all to go to level 10, but yes ill keep that in mind. both good farm spots i heard of are all involving the final level. kill most enemies, switch difficulty so it respawns everything, keeps xp. rinse repeat. 

WHY DID I NEVER KNOW ABOUT THIS?

only thing im hating is death by disco, i swear ive gotten every enemy and even NPC.... what are commonly missed ones ? this feels like FF13 treasure hunter all over again lol

For me, some of the tricky ones were the tentacle things on the train level and the fish that can be Groovitron'd both in and out of the water. I'm not sure which separate enemies need to be gotten, though. I got it on the weaker Pokitaru enemies, but I was sure I never got the Telepathopus that's native to that planet. 

• Like 1

WHY DID I NEVER KNOW ABOUT THIS?

For me, some of the tricky ones were the tentacle things on the train level and the fish that can be Groovitron'd both in and out of the water. I'm not sure which separate enemies need to be gotten, though. I got it on the weaker Pokitaru enemies, but I was sure I never got the Telepathopus that's native to that planet. 

wait what, the fish can be gotten in and out of water?! crap. guess ill wait till im on the island planet again. im hoping it isnt too much i missed. i did get the tentacle and helicopter dudes. even qwark and skidds

• 3 weeks later...

I leveled mine on Rilgar, there is a Gadgetron vendor on a ledge where Ameobeans spawn, I found that they respawn constantly if you don't drop down, so I used that ledge to shoot at them. 

• Like 1

Best place I've found is when you get up to Skid McMarxx early in your challenge mode playthrough, when he asks you to kill 88 sandsharks. You can take those creatures out really quickly, since they're all in a small area, then you just quit before you get all the sandsharks and then reload. All your progress is preserved, but you can kill the sandsharks all over again. 45 minutes or an hour was all it took to farm the holocards to unlock the omega weapons, the bolts to buy them, the XP to level them up, and the raritarium to fully unlock the upgrades.

The reasons I like this area a little better than others later in the game are threefold:

1. This area has all melee enemies, which means that it's easy to never take damage--you can get your bolt multiplier up to 20x and keep it there.  Makes grinding out the few million bolts you need to buy all the omega weapons much faster.  And your bolt multiplier stays at 20x even when you quit and reload!

2. It's great for leveling up weapons of all types, including things like the Protodrum and such, since the enemies are locked into small spaces.

3. You can get all your weapons to level 10, or close to it, early in the story, rather than waiting until the Deplanetizer level or thereabouts. This way, you can use the fully-upgraded weapons throughout your Challenge Mode run, which makes it much more enjoyable - the full-strength weapons are a blast to use, but if you wait to grind out the upgrades until the end, you don't get to enjoy them!

Edited by Salfordladd
  • Like 1

The snagglebeast fight is pretty good, you can just keep dying when you run out of ammo, then redo till weapons levelled up 

This is what I did.  Also, the train ride ( forget the level), my last few weapons seemed to level quite rapidly on the two flying enemies just as you start the train part.

this game needed an arena, its in all other R&C games. thus it makes the weapon and health level ups more obtainable and less tedious imo. however im taking a break from it. i beat it. all i need to platinum the game that concerns me is the death by disco and the weapon levels.

i happen to agree with this, best part of the games was the arena :( among other things.

i really enjoyed the 100 arena (cant remember which game from the ratchet series it was).

Edited by kingdrake2

• 4 weeks later...

Best place I've found is when you get up to Skid McMarxx early in your challenge mode playthrough, when he asks you to kill 88 sandsharks. You can take those creatures out really quickly, since they're all in a small area, then you just quit before you get all the sandsharks and then reload. All your progress is preserved, but you can kill the sandsharks all over again. 45 minutes or an hour was all it took to farm the holocards to unlock the omega weapons, the bolts to buy them, the XP to level them up, and the raritarium to fully unlock the upgrades.

The reasons I like this area a little better than others later in the game are threefold:

1. This area has all melee enemies, which means that it's easy to never take damage--you can get your bolt multiplier up to 20x and keep it there.  Makes grinding out the few million bolts you need to buy all the omega weapons much faster.  And your bolt multiplier stays at 20x even when you quit and reload!

2. It's great for leveling up weapons of all types, including things like the Protodrum and such, since the enemies are locked into small spaces.

3. You can get all your weapons to level 10, or close to it, early in the story, rather than waiting until the Deplanetizer level or thereabouts. This way, you can use the fully-upgraded weapons throughout your Challenge Mode run, which makes it much more enjoyable - the full-strength weapons are a blast to use, but if you wait to grind out the upgrades until the end, you don't get to enjoy them!

This is exact the way I'm doing right now... 

• 2 months later...

I can confirm that this is the best place to farm for every weopon exept the sheepinator. For the sheepinotor i recommend rilgar since it does not seem to be affected by the amount of enemies but by the strenght of them.

• Like 3