Do you guys buy games to platinum it? or you just buy it because you like it? or both?

viiiezz

Every game I have bought I have done so because I wanted to play it. When I do play the games I try to get as many trophies as I can (if that includes the plat then great, if not then that's fine too), but I will never buy a game just for an easy plat. Nor will I refuse to buy a game I would like just because some of the trophies are too hard or time consuming to get, those trophies would just have to be left unearned.

• Like 1

I buy games that I enjoy to play with every intention to platinum them.

ytx.png

Last platinum's: Splinter Cell HD | inFamous 2 | Sly 1 | Trine 1 & 2 | SSX | Battlefield 3 | Rage

Last 100%'s: Voodoo Dice | Hamster Ball | VF5 Final Showdown | BTTF Episodes 1-5

Currently playing: Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow HD

This sums it up pretty well. I usually enjoy every game that I get to platinum. However with that said, the majority of the games I get I look in advance to see what the trophies are like. If it is nearly impossible, then there are plenty of other games that could use my attention. With that said, I often buy games for their trophy list and platinum. However, there are some games that I will buy regardless of length and difficulty just because I want to play it (for example every COD regardless of difficulty, every MOH, every Resistance, Homefront etc). I think I am rather balanced, but trophies are always a factor in my equation. ;)

When I started to buy games, I only bought ones that got high rates on metacritics and on other game communities, but then when I found out what trophies are and how much fun they can bring onto a game I started buying games with easy plats to get past my friend's level. Since I'm done with that I only buy games that I really like or that are a must be for a ps3 owner.

Do buy games to 100% them AND because I want to play them, but also if they were really cheap (or really special cases like Umineko which I bought for my collection of merchandise of the series, and it's the easiest of the easiest plats so >mfw :awesome: ) .

Do avoid buying a game just because it's really easy (the Disney plats as most people call them), but if I found them dirt cheap I would anyway which has happened with some of the PSN sale stuff. There are not many genres I truly dislike (mainly sports stuff, can't stand soccer games), so I tend to enjoy every game I buy and play... with a couple of exceptions...

First and foremost i have to be interested in a game for me to play it and yes i have every intention of getting the Platinum + 100%.

Unfortunately due to getting games that look good but end being crap this can end up being a chore: Resi5, Lollipop Chainsaw, Green Lantern, Red Faction:Armageddon and Brink just to name a few. Plus crap online add-ons to good campaign games are a pain, most online is crap: Max Payne 3, Uncharted 2, Assassins Creed and Bioshock 2 to name a few yawn inducing and pointless examples that make me think why did they bother!!

With the increase in DLC on games these days it can be expensive, but i usually wait until games are half price or less. I rarely buy new, maybe 2 or 3 games a year. I only ever rent short games that to be honest would be a rip-off to pay full price when they can be finished in 5 days or less with no replay value whatsoever.

For the most part i enjoy games and trophy hunting :)

I never put the trophy list into account when it comes to buying a game because I play games solely for the fun of it. I may occasionally go for a platinum, but this is generally when the platinum is difficult (meaning challenging) and I really enjoy the game, sometimes the first reason isn't a factor.

Edited by Blanc_WhiteHeart