Worth buying?

Over the summer I've decided to go and finish most of the games on my list that I've barely touched, which to my great dismay happen to be some of the biggest titles from last year (Syndicate, Witcher 3, Bloodborne, etc).

Unless something massive comes along I won't be buying any mainstream AAA title for a while (I will still buy retro/indie titles). One mainstream title I've been looking at however is Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. Generally with these style of RPG games I prefer them on the PC, but unfortunately it's too slow to run anything made in the last two years. I absolutely loved Diablo I and II back in the day and played them immensely, getting most of the gear you'd only be able to find on the 3rd play through. When Diablo IIIs initial release only garnered a 5 out of 10 from critics, I decided to pass until all the bugs and fixes were made.

Four years later the game has gone through a series of changes, and based on feedback people say the game is now worth playing. I'm usually hesitant to purchase strategu/RPG games since for a long time, they were heavily downgraded on the consoles as opposed to the PC versions. But I feel this generation of consoles has pushed forward in terms of capability, whereas the PC is turning into a jack of all trades platform rather than a very dominant platform like it used to be.

Edited by Ian Lee

I bought the game on PC back when it first came out and I didn't like it very much. I decided to give the PS4 version another chance when it went on sale and I have to say the original PC version and this are like night and day.

The PS4 version is in my opinion the definitive version of the game. It plays much better on a controller, it has all the content, runs super smoothly and in its current state is just a ton of fun. I'd recommend it.

I really enjoyed it. Loved both 1 and 2 as well. It's the worth buy. Yet if your unsure wait until it hits it's next sale on PSN. I've seen it getting more frequent in sales lately. I think the cheapest I've seen is about $25 and for that price it's well worth it, if you enjoy the series.

Back on feb 16 it was for 15.99 with plus. Wait for a similar sale again maybe. It is mindless fun. Worth the price imho.

My roommate and I had been searching for a solid couch co-op game and I'm glad we invested in this one. There's a lot of gameplay value for the price tag. I don't even know many hours we've logged, but it's got to be well over 80 and there's still plenty to do.

• Like 1

I bought the game on PC back when it first came out and I didn't like it very much. I decided to give the PS4 version another chance when it went on sale and I have to say the original PC version and this are like night and day.

The PS4 version is in my opinion the definitive version of the game. It plays much better on a controller, it has all the content, runs super smoothly and in its current state is just a ton of fun. I'd recommend it.

PS4 version is waaaaaaaaaaaay easier than the PC version. I played for multiple seasons on PC doing hardcore, and having the game auto aim for you on console almost ruined the experience. Don't get me wrong, I still played through the PS4 version and I agree with the night and day logic, but disagree with the PS4 version being better. 

Only huge plus I can give PS4 version over PC is the load times... ermagud are they faster on PS4.

Back on feb 16 it was for 15.99 with plus. Wait for a similar sale again maybe. It is mindless fun. Worth the price imho.

It really depends on what you're looking for based on price. If you're looking for a game to get all the trophies, the trophy list doesn't touch the end-game content a lot and can be finished in 50-60 hours. But if you're looking to play this like it should be played (i.e. dungeon crawler), you can drop 200+ hours into this easily.
Edited by Kallume