Servers down for digital copy?

Yes, Yes I know there's other posts about the issue but they are all old and contradict each others.

So, here's my problem. I just bought Littlebigplanet karting (Digital copy and and from the US) and I can't connect to the servers...

I tried downloading the online pass from the PS store but it still won't work. I keep getting this message:

''Your connection to the Game Server was lost. You must be connected to access online portions of Littlebigplanet karting''

I looked at the last achiever for 100 community levels plays and it was obtained yersterday...I've searched all around the web but all the info is pretty old and alot are talking about getting errors in the matchmaking but I can't even get that option! I've read posts about ppl trying everyday until it finally works so i'm really confused.

So, are the servers down? is it a US problem?  is it a digital version problem? or will it work if I try in a few days? 

If it's just a crappy server problem I can work with that but if it's 100% broken I'll call SONY for a refund. It's pretty stupid if physical copy works online and not digital ones...LBP is a pretty big brand too not some obscure indie...

I guess quite a few ppl bought it from the sale so I hope we can get a definitive answer!

Edited by dav1d_123
  • Like 1

I don't remember as I was frustrated too one time, but I remember reading somewhere that digital versions cannot get online anymore.

I have a UK account so if it's a US problem i'll download it on the UK store. Found the physical copy new for 13$ online too. 

Would any of those options work? SOme people suggested that UK was working fine.

havnt't  not platted or 100% a game in 4 years...streak broke because of some lame ass LBP servers would be aweful

And what about used physical copy? The online pass is free on the store for me. I don't know if it's because I bought the digital copy or if it's always free but if I buy a used copy and use the free online pass can I plat this *&?*% game.

It's a shame. I 100% ed the fist world and it was actually really fun. I Tought the online wasn't working because in other LBPs you need to clear the first world first.

Edited by dav1d_123

I managed to do some of the online back in late april of this year & a little in may, and it only worked like, 25% of the time, but it is possible

Also I was using a canadian physical version that I bought back in 2013

Ok thanks for the info! I'll buy the physical copy I guess...

Digital really doesn't seem to work even though it's the same game  :angry: I hope SONY will refund me. I've read somewhere that they did refund a guy

Edited by dav1d_123

Ok thanks for the info! I'll buy the physical copy I guess...

Digital really doesn't seem to work even though it's the same game  :angry: I hope SONY will refund me. I've read somewhere that they did refund a guy

Similar to Catz I played LBP Karting at the end of April/beginning of May and I also had some problems with the online portion.

First of all I lost my Network Pass I redeemed from my physical version, so I couldn't access the online part. I tried the PS+-download and there it worked, but this "there's a problem with the servers"-message still occured. I had the possibility to play community levels, but not race against anyone else.

Later on I discovered that the network pass is up for free on the store so I could use the online part via my physical version. But it worked (or not worked) similar to the digital version --> "there's a problem bla bla blah..."

And be warned:

Don't progress to far when you buy a physical version. Save-games don't seem to be t compatible between download and retail version. :angry:

someone that got online trophies yesterday confirmed he got them through the ps+ version. Damn, i'm so pissed. pretty much 99,999999% of the imternet confirmed the online protion of the digital copy wouldn't work. I don't have bad connection to the servers, I JUST CAN'T CONNECT AT ALL. I'll try connecting later today and i'll try the physical when i receive it in the mail. Hopefully one will work. There's not a single warning about all that munno jumbo on the playstationtrophies.org trophy guide.

someone that got online trophies yesterday confirmed he got them through the ps+ version. Damn, i'm so pissed. pretty much 99,999999% of the imternet confirmed the online protion of the digital copy wouldn't work. I don't have bad connection to the servers, I JUST CAN'T CONNECT AT ALL. I'll try connecting later today and i'll try the physical when i receive it in the mail. Hopefully one will work. There's not a single warning about all that munno jumbo on the playstationtrophies.org trophy guide.

Could it be a digital AND US problem? The guy was from spain using the ps+

I remember I got the game free through PS+, the digital version, and did the online just fine that way... kind convenient that the online for the digital version is broken when the game has been free for PS+....

I remember I got the game free through PS+, the digital version, and did the online just fine that way... kind convenient that the online for the digital version is broken when the game has been free for PS+....

When did you do it? The online seems to be broken since one of the latest patch (about a year)

When did you do it? The online seems to be broken since one of the latest patch (about a year)

My original reply to you here was on another topic. Just check my trophy list for when I did it.

Edited by MMDE

The online for the digital version has been mostly broken for a while. I did the online fine back in 2014 as well so I know it broke sometime in the last year or two. The physical version used to work fine but if people are having issues with it now too the online might be dying.

Guide on PST hasn't been updated because the guide author hasnt been on the site in years and no one has posted in the guide in almost a year. There's multiple threads on there about the online issues though.

Hi,

I have free digital version from PS+ (EU) & I plat it few days ago, and it's true that the digital version is very boring cuz online problems.

U need to find a partner who has a disc copy of the game, make him host & it will be works better, but still not perfect^^

As I said. Most of you seems to have issues with the online in the game but me I just can't connect at all. Even if I find someone with the disc copy, I cannot accept any online stuff. Tried connecting over 150 times.

Anyway, just called SONY and they gave me a refund. Ordered a physical copy online from ebay for 9$ with free shipping so that's really cheap. I hope the disc version will be able to get online.

I guess the lesson here is: DO NOT BUY THE DIGITAL NA VERSION OF THIS GAME IF YOU CARE ABOUT ONLINE STUFF. 

Two persons personnaly confirmed me that the EU digital version is glitchy but still works and I have no idea about the physical NA version. I'll update when I receive it I guess. Thanks everybody for telling me your experience with this game and hopefully I'll be able to finish the online stuff in this horrible online mess.

Edited by dav1d_123

Awesome! i just bought this game yesterday ( Digital ) and now i'm reading this... :|

i knew it! that flash sale in the US store was a trap!

thank god that i don't care about Karting's trophies, i'll just get all of the offline trophies and calling it a day.

Yeah, I wish I didn't have a trophy OCD lol. offline is actually quite fun from what I've played. Good luck!

You could try playing online too and write down if it's works i'm curious

• 2 weeks later...

I did the online trophies for this in May/April using the free PS+ version (EU not US). The matchmaking system is completely broken but the trophies are still possible by inviting people from your friends list. I actually ended up self boosting it with my 2nd ps3 because the constant disconnections and being booted back to your pod were quite frustrating. 

So the trophies are possible with the digital version but very annoying to get, at least with the EU version. I don't know about the US though..

Hi, everybody

This is just a little post to summarize my experience with the game. I fanlly got a physical NA copy yesterday (USED from ebay) and the online finally works. Just go download the free online pass if you get it used. Both my digital NA version and my friend's ps+ NA version couldn't connect online. There's numerous people that informed me that they did manage to play online on the digital version but they were all form EU. 

So, digital is only fucked for NA ppl but the physical somehow works fine.

• Like 1

UPDATE: the first time I turn on the game and the messages of the server connectivity got some error and could not connect online popped on my face right away.

it seem that the server been shut down for the Digital version silently without a warning or an announcement.

I'll try to find the announcement but I swear I remember reading it somewhere that Digital version removed the online play.

edit: Just tried to do a couple page of googling and couldnt find that tiny article about digitals not work unfortunately. oh wells. -_-;

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY