Trophy thoughts

A1rPun

Downwell has a platinum! The game is difficult but certainly doable. The most difficult trophy is defeating the boss on hard. Hard mode unlocks when you beat the boss on normal.

:platinum: Done Well
1Lb2903d.png

Downwell gameplay by Polygon

Edited by A1rPun

Interesting game. Is it like Super meat boy?

not really, due to the randomness and there are not ohko.  it is a rougelike shooter.  you fall down a well and you have boots that shoot downwards.  you only have a certain number of bullets and then you have to land to replenish.  there are rooms that come on the side, usually 2-3 per level.  in there, there are gems which unlock more pallet swaps and other modes, items which can change your gun or a shop.  easy to learn, hard to master, but loads of fun.  bought it on my phone and will definitely will double dip

• Like 1

Seems as though my initial hunch was right - i dont see me ever getting the '100 combo' or the 'not landing in an entire area' trophies

This is more doable in level 3 or 4 because there are less platforms to stand on.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so you need to have 3000 gems on you before you die, correct?

Ther's a trophy for having 5000 gems, too.

Anyway, glad to read some of this. I just dipped my feet in the water today, and was wondering how in the world you could get through an area without landing. Of course, I haven't passed area 2 yet. :-D.

• 2 years later...

Spent around 20 hours on this game and still have yet to beat the boss on Hard Mode.

I don't know how the fuck people got this platinum in under two hours because there's simply too much RNG involved. Then there's the wonky hit mechanics where sometimes I land on a turtle and I'm fine, other times it looks like I landed on him only to get a hit.

Once I get this platinum, I will be avoiding rogue like games in the future.

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

Spent around 20 hours on this game and still have yet to beat the boss on Hard Mode.

I don't know how the fuck people got this platinum in under two hours because there's simply too much RNG involved. Then there's the wonky hit mechanics where sometimes I land on a turtle and I'm fine, other times it looks like I landed on him only to get a hit.

Once I get this platinum, I will be avoiding rogue like games in the future.

1st congrats on plat but I never understood the too much RNG in this game. I understand that its random layouts and items but you can beat the game with whatever set up is given to you. Imo the RNG doesn't fuck you over. It ain't like from what I heard Flame Over where a run can end instantly because of the fire spawning next to people. 

11 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

1st congrats on plat but I never understood the too much RNG in this game. I understand that its random layouts and items but you can beat the game with whatever set up is given to you. Imo the RNG doesn't fuck you over. It ain't like from what I heard Flame Over where a run can end instantly because of the fire spawning next to people. 

I was pissed when I wrote that comment but now I realize that despite some RNG, you’ll notice the same repeating patterns. 

The upgrades you get are completely random. I’ve actually gotten as far as the second level in the fourth area without ever picking up the Knife and Fork upgrade. 

Between Rogue Legacy and Downwell, the latter is more difficult. Still probably not as hard as Flame Over, or crazy as The Binding of Isaac.