How to get 3 stars in this race?

Personally, practice seems to work just as well.

Learn the track and the best racing lines to take (which is not always the same one as the CPU racers take). I haven't bought the centurion wheels yet, but I usually finish races with a considerable lead and just let the pack behind me fight among itself.

Drifting events though... boy do I suck at drifting.

• Like 1

I have found once you get in front you never lose on this game, problem is you get raped at the beginning and first place pulls away.  I personal went for the car with the best acceleration (cant remember what it was tbh).

I also equipped the shield wheels to help you pull away once in front

good luck

Just use some of the shortcuts. I can't see what exact map you are playing from your picture. But in all of the maps you will find shortcuts. Some times you have to pick up rockets to shoot some debris, other times you can use the jumping wheels and just make your own shortcut. 

If you not in front by the first lap then just restart the race. Don't waste your time going for the other 9 laps because you wont get 3 stars. You'll have to start a race where the drivers take each other out around the first or second corner which gives you a chance to take the lead. Took me a few tries before the A.I took each other out. Once you in front you will definitely win unless you crush or go off the tracks 

Don't know what kind of tips you're looking for. I always use the Centurion wheels or whatever they're called for Elimination races. Makes it that much easier when you crash into them or the enemies into you.

Did you not have the glitch where the centurion wheels were un useable. Mine glitched into the floor meaning I couldn't turn.

Thanks everyone.

After creating the topic, i did it on the second try, yes the best tip really is to be on front by the first lap, after that can't lose, only if make mistakes.

Now I only need the special events 3 stars for the platinum.  B)

The truth is i'm pretty bad at racing games.

Did you not have the glitch where the centurion wheels were un useable. Mine glitched into the floor meaning I couldn't turn.

I haven't had anything like that happen to me yet, but haven't done all Elimination races. Did that happen to you in a particular race or all the time?

I haven't had anything like that happen to me yet, but haven't done all Elimination races. Did that happen to you in a particular race or all the time?

All the time, they might have patched it though. The wheels were always unusable for me.