Game keeps crashing because of certain spells being casted

Alantor32

Has anyone expereince this problem while playing this game? I know I have because when certain spells are casted, the game crashed and I lose all my progress so far. It's fustrating and I am wondering if anyone has reported this to Sony about this? I know I have and I hope they release an update patch soon.

Has anyone expereince this problem while playing this game? I know I have because when certain spells are casted, the game crashed and I lose all my progress so far. It's fustrating and I am wondering if anyone has reported this to Sony about this? I know I have and I hope they release an update patch soon.

I think I saw some videos of people playing it and they didn't had any issues with it. You can try uninstalling it and downloading it again and see if that works.

Also I'm sure you know this by now but certain PS4 games lets you play before the game has finished downloading so that way you don't have to wait so long to play it, I don't know if that could present some problems for certain games so make sure that the game is 100% downloaded (check the Downloads menu on Notifications) and then start playing it. Let me know if it worked. 

Edited by Finozzi1696

Yeah, I tried that and I keep getting the same problems. but I'll try it again.

There's some other things that you could try but I don't know if they would work and if you are willing to do some of them, like turning off the PS4 and then turning it on, formatting the PS4 or rebuild the PS4 database. There are many guides on how to do this last two things on the internet and they are completely safe and easy to do (I have done them), but again I don't know if it would work or not.

I guess you can contact Sony's support for this or the developers from the original game like Media.Vision (except Contrail which doesn't exist anymore).

Edited by Finozzi1696

Which spells crash you? Might be helpful for troubleshooting to see if it's repeatable by others...

Hmm... I might be one of the unlucky ones to have the crashes or is it just me?

No, I've had the game crash on me as well, and it was when either my characters or an enemy is casting a spell.  The only thing I could think of was to use Gimel Coins more often than I planned to; use one at the start of a dungeon, one before the boss, and save in towns on a regular basis whenever I could.

• 3 weeks later...

Its happened to me once so far, an enemy used a move to remove spell affects from my team and it just froze.

Only happened once in about 25 hours worth of play time so its not frequent, just save a lot.
Really hope its fixed soon, I think there is a massive optional dungeon at the end where you can't save during it....

Its happened to me once so far, an enemy used a move to remove spell affects from my team and it just froze.

Only happened once in about 25 hours worth of play time so its not frequent, just save a lot.

Really hope its fixed soon, I think there is a massive optional dungeon at the end where you can't save during it....

Optional dungeon = The Abyss with 100 floors

And yes, you can't save there.

I read the thread from PST  ERGOwhatever linked above and it seems like they will release a patch in the near future.

I also experienced one crash so far while I explored the Leyline Observatory. One of the books wanted to cast HP Robbery and it crashed. As it's a rather common move for them, I hoped that it would be the only time. So far everything went good.

Optional dungeon = The Abyss with 100 floors

And yes, you can't save there.

I read the thread from PST  ERGOwhatever linked above and it seems like they will release a patch in the near future.

I also experienced one crash so far while I explored the Leyline Observatory. One of the books wanted to cast HP Robbery and it crashed. As it's a rather common move for them, I hoped that it would be the only time. So far everything went good.

Oh? Did u hear that from Sony that they will release a patch for Wild Arms 3 in the near future? Hopefully, it won't take too long. Say, what year did the update patch for Rogue Galaxy (A PS2 Classic for PS4) was released?

Oh! That was me. I was the one who told Sony about the crashes players are getting. Hopefully, other players reported the problem to Sony and I believe Sony is working on a patch right now for Wild Arms 3. If not, I'll contact them and asked if they're working on a patch for Wild Arms 3.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's been a month and still no update patch to Wild Arms 3. I tried contacting Sony about it over that last month and I am getting worried. Are they really working on a patch for Wild Arms 3? Or has my questions to Sony been wasted with little to no info.

Because everytime I contacted them and told them about this issue, they always give me some suggestions that didn't work. Not saying I don't trust them or anything, but maybe they're looking into the problem and is working on a patch to fix this? It took Rogue Galaxy a whole month to get a patch, so maybe Wild Arms 3 is expereincing the same thing? What are your thoughts about this?

• 1 month later...

They refunded me twice despite directing them to all the crash reports on various forums

I'm sceptical they are in fact working on a patch.

They're probably working on other stuff, they are working on a patch.

Sony is not a miracle worker. Things take time. Continuing to bug Sony about the problems in games won't do us any good.

Patience is a virtue as they always say. We have to wait patiently for the patch, they will work on it. They have other problems than working on a patch for Wild Arms 3, but they will make a patch for the game, it will take time, but the game will be patched. 

• 4 weeks later...

No, I don't think so as far as I know. All I know that when certain spells are casted, the game crashes and boots you back to the PS4 home screen.

Somewhat of a relief I guess. I don't like the idea that I can get all the way to RoR and have the game crash, corrupting the save and starting all over.

I still may wait some time before starting. I'll probably note down when and where the game crashes if it crashes. (which from what I've seen is pretty much a definite lol)

• 1 month later...

An advice for everyone who wants to tackle the Abyss without having to fear about losing several hours of playtime by getting a freeze due to some spells:

Right after you finished the Nightmare Castle and before you face the final boss battles you have the possibility to free roam Filgaia and all the dungeons without having any (!) random encounters.

You can then do the Abyss in about two hours and only have to fight the mandatory bosses. Freezes still might occur but at least it won't be such a waste of time.

• 3 weeks later...