Easy Bolts (1000/sec)

MattyBoy5D

Discovered this while playing the past few days. You should really only use this if you're truly strapped for cash, otherwise you'll be bored to tears (unless of course you can program you controller with macros or something).

This requires you to have the Nuke upgrade for your ship.

Load up the Thug Rendezvous / Feltzin System and go to challenge 3 (destroy the ace fighters). Now just shoot your nuke. No need to aim anywhere. No need to move. Just shoot. Boom, challenge complete!

This takes about 7 seconds each time, and the challenge rewards 7000 bolts on each completion (after you've beaten it the first few times where it's worth more). That boils down to 1000 bolts per second, and 1 million every 16~17 minutes.

Is this method fun? No. Is it efficient? Yes! So if you're just a few bolts shy of a new weapon, or don't mind doing a little grinding while watching tv or listening to music or whatever, then have at it :)

• Like 1

Good tip! I can't wait to get to Going Commando. I am still in my 4th playthrough of #1! I am grinding for the 1,000,000 bolt trophy which will earn me the plat. The thing that sucks is that I accidentally overwote one of my playthroughs, so I am technically on my 5th playthrough. As a die-hard R&C fan, it has been fun, but it is beginning to get boring to be honest. Anyway, I will be sure to use this tip so..... thanks!!!

Oops, forgot to mention that, thought I did :shakefist:

Only worth it in challenge mode. Then again, that's the only time you really need loads of bolts for upgraded weapons anyway.

On a side note, why on earth did Idol Minds put a 1 million bolt trophy in RC1???? At first when I saw your post I got excited thinking it was for RC1 and not RC2............ah well grind away I shall.

• Like 1

On a side note, why on earth did Idol Minds put a 1 million bolt trophy in RC1???? At first when I saw your post I got excited thinking it was for RC1 and not RC2............ah well grind away I shall.

Luckily for you there's an even easier method for bolts in R&C! You don't even have to be at your PS3 to do it, just leave it on overnight. It is much slower though (10~20 bolts/sec).

[media=]

[/media] Edited by mtb0minime

Luckily for you there's an even easier method for bolts in R&C! You don't even have to be at your PS3 to do it, just leave it on overnight. It is much slower though (10~20 bolts/sec).

[media=]

[/media]

Ah.....I see. Well thanks. Now that I am on my fifth and final playthrough I might as well just finish it that way. However, in the future, hopefully that tip helps others. Thanks for your thoughtfulness.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...