Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShadowStrike002

I Am Setsuna set for july 19th $40 dollars.

43 posts in this topic

It looks nice. I'll pick it up after a price drop as FFXV and Persona 5 are going to be eating my my RPG quotient when Fall gets here. That said though, I'm a little bummed that North America isn't getting the Vita version of the game. 

Jeez $40 for a digital copy. No thanks. Would buy a physical copy for that price even $60 but not paying that much for digital.

It's a shame really as I was planning to grab this day 1 but will not just wait a few months and grab cheap.

I feel they might be out pricing themselves with this and its really going to hurt the sales.

$40 are a bit steep at first glance. :o

But to be honest I don't know how long the game is (does anyone?), so it might be justified. 

$40 are a bit steep at first glance. :o

But to be honest I don't know how long the game is (does anyone?), so it might be justified. 

Some reviews i seen put it at 20-25hrs.

Some reviews i seen put it at 20-25hrs.

Thanks for the info. :)

For the sake of comparison:

It will be at least double the length of Child of Light (took me about 12 hours) and will cost about twice as much. For me, this sounds more than fair.

I really want this game to succeed because I just adore this old school rpg look. However I'm not sure if this price tag will be very welcoming to the masses, I do hope they will trough, to allow new games like this to be made. I'll support by buying and playing, I just hope is good and the trophy list ( very important) is fun and makes the game last longer.

After giving a shot at Pier Solar a while back on PS4 due to see some friends playing ( including you ) I remember how much I miss those type of old Jrpgs. They used to be so simple, with a fantastic story and memorazible characters. 

The game is looking great, but 40 bucks for digital-only and without Vita?

Nope, SE, sale it is.

The game is looking great, but 40 bucks for digital-only and without Vita?

Nope, SE, sale it is.

I remember you saying that the Vita version is awful at the moment, any news on a potential updates to sort out the frame rate problems? 

I'll just wait for Steam sale.

is the only way a game succeeds there, until they are at 99 cents or otherwise people download them for free from torrent, no wonder console games always sells better.

I remember you saying that the Vita version is awful at the moment, any news on a potential updates to sort out the frame rate problems? 

Iirc Japan got some updates so it should be better now.

I'm looking forward to it.  I thought it was going to be ten dollars cheaper or have a physical copy.  But I can't wait to play it, Chrono Trigger has my favorite turn based battle system.

I really want this game to succeed because I just adore this old school rpg look. However I'm not sure if this price tag will be very welcoming to the masses, I do hope they will trough, to allow new games like this to be made. I'll support by buying and playing, I just hope is good and the trophy list ( very important) is fun and makes the game last longer.

After giving a shot at Pier Solar a while back on PS4 due to see some friends playing ( including you ) I remember how much I miss those type of old Jrpgs. They used to be so simple, with a fantastic story and memorazible characters. 

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

You guys practically took all the words outta my hands xD

No vita port sadly.

May be interested whenever I drop some money for a PS4 system.

is the only way a game succeeds there, until they are at 99 cents or otherwise people download them for free from torrent, no wonder console games always sells better.

i dont have a ps4, and even if they brought over vita version, i couldnt justify $40 - probably more canadian

Edited by mako-heart

Iirc Japan got some updates so it should be better now.

Nice, I hope a possible western Vita release is on the horizon.

Diablo 3 sold 30 millions and I think most of the sales come from PC, so I wouldn't mock the power of steam. 

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

You guys practically took all the words outta my hands xD

haha, thank you my friend, is indeed the truth. I love those rpgs and i really miss the old school final fantasy games prior 7 :D So this one with the same play style as chrono trigger with beautifully rendered 2d graphics is a blast

Cheers :P

Yep and this thing still waits you :D

Edited by Mah2c

Yep and this thing still waits you :D

I'm without likes, so I'll give you guys later haha.

Hopefully won't be too much difficult when I get at that point  :giggle:

Nice, I hope a possible western Vita release is on the horizon.

Nah, no way. It will definitely get a PC release, though. It's SE =D

Someone just had to go and post the Eternal Slip game. That game that I spent so many hours on is keeping me away from a shiny plat. Beyond that mini game the overall game was great.

As for the main topic, I had this on pre order since it was announced at E3, too bad its digital only now but I was going to pay full amount for it and can not wait to play it. on PS4 that is.

Hmm, the JP physical release can be found for like 30 now, might just pick that up instead.

Bad call not to launch at least a collectors edition in physical format on the West. Will definitely wait for a price drop.