Easy 1 Million Drift Points

I know there is a Guide here, but only shows a video without instructions, i found easier this way because i don't need to be pressing the R2 - Accelerator button, in my way after a correct circle just hold the button.

1. The car is too fast, setup it with 4 points at top speed and acceleration.

yAR5Qg.png

2. Try to be in the same spot as the video below, as soon as you realize you are rotating in a perfect circle, continue holding the right/left and R2, don't release the buttons.

3. Profit.

Edited by ivangutjahr

I know there is a Guide here, but only shows a video without instructions, i found easier this way because i don't need to be pressing the R2 - Accelerator button, in my way after a correct circle just hold the button.

Why didn't you post this in the guide comments too to keep all the info in one place? That way the author could've added it to the guide if he wanted.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I believe what he was implying was that he would have (as would I) liked you to express your method rather than just saying that you did it and it wasn't that hard.

And I also never said it wasn't that hard? You guys seem to like putting words in other peoples' mouths. O.o

My method was learning the track and when to turn to maintain a drift combo without crashing into something.

And I also never said it wasn't that hard? You guys seem to like putting words in other peoples' mouths. O.o

My method was learning the track and when to turn to maintain a drift combo without crashing into something.

Here are your words:

You guys are thinking about this way too hard. I got the 1 mil legit and it took less effort than trying to figure out how to do it an "easy" way. 

You then gave us your score without offering  any assistance on how you got it(again strictly speaking to your original post). Its not out of the realm of possiblity for  for anyone to interpret this as saying it wasn't that hard. If I misunderstood you I apologize but in your initial post all you basically said was "you guys are trying to hard i just got better at drifting and btw i got 1.2 mil". Im not sure what else we were supposed to take away from that  and as you can see i was not alone in this.

• Like 1

As extra help for anyone having trouble with some of the other drifts that don't have such a big area to complete a circle in:

Use the Breaking Bad camper (I had mine fully upgraded, but slower is probably still better). This vehicle made much sharper turning and I was able to do full circles on the Yo Sushi map in the last of the pro regular events which was the tightest spots I had to do this in (Most of the drifts I just did legit).

If there is actual interest I can upload a video of it, but same thing as others, just different vehicle. 

Potentially possible to remove patches, complete drifts and re-patch? 

I am already done mine, but hopefully someone can try and confirm/deny if this will work for those having troubles.

I tried but if you delete the game and you redownload it the psstore download the 1.02 directly

I still have to do the 1 million special events and without donuts is very hard

Sorry for my english

You guys are thinking about this way too hard. I got the 1 mil legit and it took less effort than trying to figure out how to do it an "easy" way. Plus I'm better at drifting now. 1.2 mil on that event btw

LoL!

It took me 10 minutes to figure it out. I doubt you do that legit in less time.

"Plus I'm better at drifting now. 1.2 mil on that event btw" no one CARES about, if you come here to don't say anything helpful, better to stay quiet, at least i know my video helped some guys, because not everyone is good at racing games.

• Like 1

Just spent 51 minutes doing this legitimately. Quite frustrating, but a great feeling when you finally do it. :-)

Congrats man. There's still a possibility they'll release more DLC and patch the game again. Always good not to rely on a shortcut. ;)

I'm guessing they repealed 1.02 because while it fixed some things it broke something unexpected.

How would you suggest having the car set up to do legit since patch has fixed the donut?

Tried removing points from some cars and found it to be harder to maintain the drift during straights... on that note what's a good way to keep your drift in straights failing hard on the yo sushi one cause of straights and my car not wanting to drift.

• 6 months later...
On 6/12/2016 at 2:40 PM, ScracKy92 said:

How would you suggest having the car set up to do legit since patch has fixed the donut?

Tried removing points from some cars and found it to be harder to maintain the drift during straights... on that note what's a good way to keep your drift in straights failing hard on the yo sushi one cause of straights and my car not wanting to drift.

Did you ever complete this challenge?

Yup took an hour or two getting close then losing points due to a hit or lack of drift.

I'm pretty sure I used same car as video but I believe I turned all the stats down low near beginning stats or half way at least, fully upgraded wasn't working. 

Definitely cancel some high score drifts before time runs out so you have banked points.

Last drift requires like 400k so make sure to bank the first 600.

I'm sure donut method would of been easier but a lot of people even struggled with that, legit didn't seem to bad once you got into the groove it kind of just flowed... plus I did it legit, tho it doesn't matter.