Impossible boy issues

KaKrackle

never have I despised a game so much. I have every trophy other than this. I'm sure the game is intentionally fucking with me! I have been trying for days now, practicing and practicing the same damn levels....but still nothing. The worst offenders are XOXO and salt shaker. I just can't seem to get a grasp on them. If I could get these down I think I can do it. Any advice on making them easier would be a massive help.

Eventually isn't good enough....I'm impatient. I want it now. Hahaha. It will be my greatest achievement. If some of the levels were more consistent I would have done this already.

You're impatient so my advice is going to be hard to take. Practice the shit out of the levels for the better part of a day then take a break. A week if you can. Then come back to it. Sometimes the best you can do is take a break and let the muscle memory sink in and anxiety wear off.

I also had problems with top of XOXO and was always playing it among first levels in my runs, but when I mastered top part I was always putting it in middle of my run because it became very easy.

When I divided top into sections I got it in first try every time, I made two jumps then stopped, adjusted boy then two again, stop, then last three jumps...that way I never lost rhytham between jumps, which can screw you at last few jumps. Hope that helps.

As for salt shaker, as everyone said, it's all about feel. I turned up SMB now just to see what lvls you refer to, and passed it out of first try after months away form plat, when you get feel for it, you'll never lose it.

So just put that level first and you'll eventually get that feel :D GL

• Like 2

Cheers guys. After 150+ hours it would be a shame to give in now. I have never loved/hated a game so much in my life. I wanna be a 2 percenter haha.

I've made speedruns of all worlds, maybe that can help you

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCsX52vWlQRpOAAgLnVCkrg

And of course, start with the levels you have more problems with

Platinum Club awaits you, good luck!

Mr Costa I salute you

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Zombie boy is a pain in the ass. Easily the second hardest iron man in my opinion. Cotton alley light Wight isn't without it moments but in my opinion, slightly overrated in terms of difficulty. Impossible boy is a total bastard of a trophy. Easily my most proudest gaming moment lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Zombie boy is a pain in the ass. Easily the second hardest iron man in my opinion. Cotton alley light Wight isn't without it moments but in my opinion, slightly overrated in terms of difficulty. Impossible boy is a total bastard of a trophy. Easily my most proudest gaming moment lol.

Congratulations! I went to see your profile before I saw you got the plat and I was like, he did it! Well done, I don't think I'd ever go for it myself though

• Like 1

Congratulations! I went to see your profile before I saw you got the plat and I was like, he did it! Well done, I don't think I'd ever go for it myself though

If you are patient, you will get it. I'm sure if you tried hard enough then you could do it. I'm not that good of a gamer and I managed it. Sure it took a while and probably isn't worth all the agro...but damn it's satisfying watching the trophy pop at the end.

• Like 2

If you are patient, you will get it. I'm sure if you tried hard enough then you could do it. I'm not that good of a gamer and I managed it. Sure it took a while and probably isn't worth all the agro...but damn it's satisfying watching the trophy pop at the end.

M-maybe one day. Haha. Don't think I hate myself enough to go for it.  :D

• 4 weeks later...

never have I despised a game so much. I have every trophy other than this. I'm sure the game is intentionally fucking with me! I have been trying for days now, practicing and practicing the same damn levels....but still nothing. The worst offenders are XOXO and salt shaker. I just can't seem to get a grasp on them. If I could get these down I think I can do it. Any advice on making them easier would be a massive help.

First congrats on the plat. 

I have Zombie, Girl and Impossible boy left but I don't know which one to do. Also how long did it take practice wise to do Impossible boy?

First congrats on the plat. 

I have Zombie, Girl and Impossible boy left but I don't know which one to do. Also how long did it take practice wise to do Impossible boy?

Having a full time job and living with my fiancee, it took me around 2 weeks to get. It ain't as tough as people make it sound.