Impossible boy issues

KaKrackle

I got Girl Boy like a month ago. Started practicing Dark Cotton Alley a few weeks ago, and yesterday I made considerable progress. Decided to just play through the whole world from start to finish just for fun, and my only deaths were one on 7-3x (death due to dropped input) and 7-20x (made a really, really stupid decision on this level and ended up getting killed). Really sucks to do 17 levels in a row and then die, but I'm sure I will get it one day.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten this trophy and plat.

• Like 1

Girl boy was surprisingly easy got it like a week ago. Dark Rapture wasnt that bad also I went backwards so 20 to lvl 1. I can see this taking some time to get used to as a few levels are annoying but hopefully I pull it off

I thought Girl Boy was a pain... but that's probably because I decided to go after the trophy after not playing the game for like 8 months, back when I was just playing casually and gave up on Cotton Alley light world.

I got Impossible Boy last night. I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off soon. It seems like runs always happen when you least expect them to; my order for the trophy was levels 1-17, 19 and 20, and ended it off with 18. Good luck.

I thought Girl Boy was a pain... but that's probably because I decided to go after the trophy after not playing the game for like 8 months, back when I was just playing casually and gave up on Cotton Alley light world.

I got Impossible Boy last night. I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off soon. It seems like runs always happen when you least expect them to; my order for the trophy was levels 1-17, 19 and 20, and ended it off with 18. Good luck.

Congratulations man, I haven't really been through dark cotton alley. Infact I went through once and that was for 106% ill start my runs later

Ok started practice, I can get 9 levels without dying. Lvl 8 and 9 are the worst along with 14, 19 and sometimes 18 and 7. If I get them done I can do this. 

Nice. Honestly, if those levels are your only problem, then you're in pretty good shape already. In level 8, after jumping back to the platform after grabbing the key, I always took one long jump back to get Meat Boy (though it was pretty inconsistent in all honestly, it might be better to do one or two intermediate jumps inbetween). Level 9 seems pretty hard at first but once I got the hang of the timing, I found I almost got it every time. I used to always struggle with 14, but once I decided to start holding the run button after making it to the top center platform, I would just jump to the lowest safe platform and skip the platform inbetween. That made the level loads easier for me personally. 7 and 18 aren't too bad. After much, much practice of getting magic pixel on level 7, I got it pretty much every time. And 18 I never followed the general strat for that level. Instead I would always focus on getting all of the oobs off screen so I could just relax for most of the remainder of the level. If you want to see my run, I can PM you my video or probably just post it here.

And yeah, 19 is a pain. That level probably took me the most practice to do consistently.

Nice. Honestly, if those levels are your only problem, then you're in pretty good shape already. In level 8, after jumping back to the platform after grabbing the key, I always took one long jump back to get Meat Boy (though it was pretty inconsistent in all honestly, it might be better to do one or two intermediate jumps inbetween). Level 9 seems pretty hard at first but once I got the hang of the timing, I found I almost got it every time. I used to always struggle with 14, but once I decided to start holding the run button after making it to the top center platform, I would just jump to the lowest safe platform and skip the platform inbetween. That made the level loads easier for me personally. 7 and 18 aren't too bad. After much, much practice of getting magic pixel on level 7, I got it pretty much every time. And 18 I never followed the general strat for that level. Instead I would always focus on getting all of the oobs off screen so I could just relax for most of the remainder of the level. If you want to see my run, I can PM you my video or probably just post it here.

And yeah, 19 is a pain. That level probably took me the most practice to do consistently.

Well all others I obviously die on sometimes but the ones I listed are ones I can't do first try. Thanks for tips the magic pixel is annoying but doable. Sure ill like to take a look at your vid

Alright, no problem. Here is my video if you want to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iicNZa2tYfI

Thanks again also nice run man, quick update. I am getting consistent I only have trouble on level 1... I don't know how as I was ok yesterday. I think if I do 19, 20, 1 then probably 9 and 13 I can do the others in any order. Im going to spend tomorrow running through multiple times then may actually start on the no death.

Thanks again also nice run man, quick update. I am getting consistent I only have trouble on level 1... I don't know how as I was ok yesterday. I think if I do 19, 20, 1 then probably 9 and 13 I can do the others in any order. Im going to spend tomorrow running through multiple times then may actually start on the no death.

Yeah, I never got good at level 1. My planned order was to start off with 19, 20, 13, 14, 15, 7, 8, 9, and then do 1. I probably did the first eight levels without dying like 6 or 7 different times and died every single time on 1. The jump over the first vertical saw blade is an absolute pain for me.

Yeah, I never got good at level 1. My planned order was to start off with 19, 20, 13, 14, 15, 7, 8, 9, and then do 1. I probably did the first eight levels without dying like 6 or 7 different times and died every single time on 1. The jump over the first vertical saw blade is an absolute pain for me.

Ok after dying 11 levels in on an easy level it occurred to me that sometimes the jump button doesn't seem to work although I 100% tapped it. I handed my friend the controller and same thing. Is this a thing? I know its not my controller as I also played at friends with his and same thing happened 

Ok after dying 11 levels in on an easy level it occurred to me that sometimes the jump button doesn't seem to work although I 100% tapped it. I handed my friend the controller and same thing. Is this a thing? I know its not my controller as I also played at friends with his and same thing happened 

Yup, you're not the only one. When I did my 17 level run a day before getting Impossible Boy, I had a dropped input on the 3rd level (7-3x) and died - so really it should have been a 19 level run.

Yup, you're not the only one. When I did my 17 level run a day before getting Impossible Boy, I had a dropped input on the 3rd level (7-3x) and died - so really it should have been a 19 level run.

Well. Im truly pissed now, knowing it wasn't my fault and just the game. I also watched a video on impossible boy tips and he also mentions dropped inputs. 

Edited by lilpain97

Really? that hasn't happened once in any other run

Does it just happen in cotton alley?

I have had it a few times in certain runs and I think I know what does it, if you jump and tap x very softly while sprinting and as soon as you land tap x very softly again it sometimes drops the input, on level 5 on Dark cotton alley it usually happens when transitioning between rooms. It can happen on any jump but it happens most when sprinting and tapping x

• 1 month later...

The input thing happened to me too, in 5-17X too, pretty shitty, but you learn to avoid it. I had to change my run layout for 7-5X to avoid that glitch.

I came to this thread only to complain about 7-20X - Brag Rights and 7-8X - In Line. Fuck these stages, bane of my fucking runs.

Salt Shaker? No issue.

XOXO? Pfft, ridiculous.

Bleach? Been there, done that.

20/20? HAHAHA are you even kidding me?

Patience? No problem.

White Noise? Meh.

Flipside? Found a new strategy that makes it 100% success down-up transition, so it's pretty easy now.

But then In Line I can't consistently pull off, I still didn't figure out what I'm doing wrong because every run seems perfect and yet I fuck up a lot.

And Brag Rights starts with the top obstructed with text, I usually die at the first saw or I wait a little before going and then the moving saws pattern is different and I die too. If I don't die on those, I die on the right to left saw that moves up and down because I'm not yet used to that.

Guess I need to put total focus on practicsing those two more and more, over and over again until I get them down flawlessly to the bone. Everything else (except maybe for White Noise) I'm able to 1shot through 9 in 10 attempts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On December 18, 2016 at 2:37 PM, TheYuriG said:

The input thing happened to me too, in 5-17X too, pretty shitty, but you learn to avoid it. I had to change my run layout for 7-5X to avoid that glitch.

I came to this thread only to complain about 7-20X - Brag Rights and 7-8X - In Line. Fuck these stages, bane of my fucking runs.

Salt Shaker? No issue.

XOXO? Pfft, ridiculous.

Bleach? Been there, done that.

20/20? HAHAHA are you even kidding me?

Patience? No problem.

White Noise? Meh.

Flipside? Found a new strategy that makes it 100% success down-up transition, so it's pretty easy now.

But then In Line I can't consistently pull off, I still didn't figure out what I'm doing wrong because every run seems perfect and yet I fuck up a lot.

And Brag Rights starts with the top obstructed with text, I usually die at the first saw or I wait a little before going and then the moving saws pattern is different and I die too. If I don't die on those, I die on the right to left saw that moves up and down because I'm not yet used to that.

Guess I need to put total focus on practicsing those two more and more, over and over again until I get them down flawlessly to the bone. Everything else (except maybe for White Noise) I'm able to 1shot through 9 in 10 attempts.

I got plat a while back now but on 7-8x I jump instantly to the middle and jump straight to key, as soon as I land I jump straight back to the middle. Its risky but It worked for me 9/10 times. As for 7-20x I just ran as soon as it started, took me a few tries but im at a 9/10 success rate on that also, you can definitely do it if you have a few runs through. If the instant jump back doesn't work wait a few seconds and you will notice a a larger gap between the blobs, jumping then will be the safest way to finish the level.