CS:GO in other countrys?

• 9 months later...

The game CS:GO didn't come out in Portugal, so I couldn't buy it. If someone could share with me the game, I would give a PSN card of 20 euros or I would share games like Hitman: Absolution, Trine 2, Borderlands, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Motorstorm RC, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Hitman Trilogy and Splinter Cell HD Trilogy. If someone interested, add: P3dro-1402

I believe it has only been released in the US, there's no reason why apparently

Really? This game has been on my mind for a long time. Why is it only released in the US? Is it coming to the rest of the world, any news on that?

I believe it has only been released in the US, there's no reason why apparently

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Does anyone else find it beautifully ironic that the name of the US only game is "Global Offensive"?

Counter-Strike is one of those FPS series I have actually played a bit of, and while yeah, it's a bit ironic, it's rather random that it would have this name and not be released outside NA on PS3. I think Valve had some issues with Sony at the time. :P CS:GO is not some small game, it's one of the main, if not the most, competitive FPS game at the moment. Valve don't really care all that much about PS3 though, this game was mostly aimed at PC. I feel it's kind of a waste of money for them to only release the game in NA on PS3 though, the porting must have cost them a little bit, but probably a way to show some muscles against Sony in some kind of internal conflict. I remember people whined about the game on the blog for at least a half year.

you can purchase and play this game outside the US (Like i did) You just need to set up an american account on PSN then go google and search for a $20 PSN card online digital code to purchase. When you have downloaded CS;GO to your console via the american account, you can then play it on your main account. However the online multiplayer will not work but the platinum is still obtainable despite this.

I could play online when i bought it with no problems & im from the U.K. A lot of people still play it.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys the reason this was not released outside of NA is because the EU store contains countries which speak different languages, such as: Portuguese, Spanish, English, French, German etc.   Valve only made this game in English and didn't want to put it onto a store where most people couldn't read the game.

Anyway, to the OP, I'm from Australia and I have platted the game, so you can still get it. Just set up a US account and get a 20 dollar digital code off Amazon or Ebay :)

Happy Hunting!