No Man's Sky delayed to August

ShadowStar83x

According to reports, No Man's Sky has been delayed to July or August at the earliest. Sony hasn't confirmed or denied it, so take this with a grain of salt until there's official confirmation.

No Man's Sky Reportedly Delayed - IGN

With the part about GameStop's posters and stuff being altered, I was there earlier. I didn't see any changes, but I wasn't really paying that close attention, so... :dunno:

EDIT: Sony and Hello Games confirmed the delay:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/27/no-mans-sky-coming-to-ps4-in-august/

Edited by ShadowStar83x

Well, there it is.

If this game doesn't come out before August 2016, it will be dead on arrival. NMS can not compete with the likes of GOW4, FF15, COD:IW, Pokemon S and M, Fifa 17 and Battlefield 1. 

I do hope it's just a small delay that will take a month or 2 to sort out because people can only hype up a game for so long before they get bored and dismiss it. 

Edited by FlareXV
  • Like 3

Well, there it is.

If this game doesn't come out before August 2016, it will be dead on arrival. NMS can not compete with the likes of GOW4, FF15, COD:IW, Pokemon S and M, Fifa 17 and Battlefield 1. 

I do hope it's just a small delay that will take a month or 2 to sort out because people can only hype up a game for so long before they get bored and dismiss it. 

This isn't going to be DoA no matter when it releases.. it could release against 100 AAA games and still be successful.. NMS will be huge, and alive for many years, I'm sure.. I can't be the only one teeming with excitement for this game, and what it's gonna offer far as co op and online play in the future has me twice as excited...

NMS is gonna offer a unique, everlasting and continual adventure.. none of the games you list there do that.. most people interested in this game would probably never even pick a fifa game up.. NMS is more like an MMO or.. whatever, it's not a game you play and finish.. if that is a player's expectation going in, yeah.. FFXV and move along..

• Like 4

Dead on arrival for being released against the same old shit again? Maybe, in consideration of the fact that in excess of 23,000 gamers on this site are right now playing the same old tired third person shooter and calling it a masterpiece even though it's still the same old tired TPS, just because the voice acting is a little bit above par. But that'll be the gamers' fault, not the developers.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 4

It's in danger over loss of anticipation and interest simply for having been announced so long ago and so many people are not quite sold on the actual gameplay. You can't discount the masses. I hope this delay isn't for real.

This isn't going to be DoA no matter when it releases.. it could release against 100 AAA games and still be successful.. NMS will be huge, and alive for many years, I'm sure.. I can't be the only one teeming with excitement for this game, and what it's gonna offer far as co op and online play in the future has me twice as excited...

You're making it sound like one game should command so many respect. I like the idea of NMS and want it but trailers can only do so much. DOA maybe have been the wrong word to use but its full sales potential could be hampered by the likes of Dues Ex and others. Also, the multi-player is pretty limited, Sean has spoke about it in some detail. 

NMS is gonna offer a unique, everlasting and continual adventure.. none of the games you list there do that.. most people interested in this game would probably never even pick a fifa game up.. NMS is more like an MMO or.. whatever, it's not a game you play and finish.. if that is a player's expectation going in, yeah.. FFXV and move along..

I know what NMS is going to offer and I'm excited too but other games are on the horizon and I'm sure other people think the same way too. Also, why do you think that the people who are going play NMS would never pick up a Fifa game, do you have any evidence to back up your claim? 

I hope the delay news is wrong but if not, I can see problems on NMS horizons. 

You're making it sound like one game should command so many respect. I like the idea of NMS and want it but trailers can only do so much. DOA maybe have been the wrong word to use but its full sales potential could be hampered by the likes of Dues Ex and others. Also, the multi-player is pretty limited, Sean has spoke about it in some detail. 

I know what NMS is going to offer and I'm excited too but other games are on the horizon and I'm sure other people think the same way too. Also, why do you think that the people who are going play NMS would never pick up a Fifa game, do you have any evidence to back up your claim? 

Me, for one xD I have never, and would never, purchase or waste my time with a Fifa title, or any other sports games, really.. NBA/NFL,Cricket, Rugby.. okay, I suppose Golf is the farthest I'd go, and only with motion controls.

I expect that the MP in NMS will be along the lines of that in the DS series to begin with, minus the summoning - as in, there, but not there.. and as the development team gain some technical advantages and see how the players are responding to the core mechanics of the game, other more open coop gameplay will be implemented as DLC, this is without a doubt. Leaving out an online multiplayer co op from a game of this design and scale.. now that really is the only potential killer for NMS.. 

Ive been looking foward to this game for over a year now..i havnt preorder it yet tho as im wait for after my birthday. This is definitely a type of game ive been looking for. Having a ship to go out in space and explore the galaxy with so many planets to land on, walk around and see what it holds. Plus space battles with big ships :D

However i do hope this is false or wouldnt mind waiting timm July at least after that ill be disappointed but still probably get anyways

Edited by InfamousChaos86

Me, for one xD I have never, and would never, purchase or waste my time with a Fifa title, or any other sports games, really.. NBA/NFL,Cricket, Rugby.. okay, I suppose Golf is the farthest I'd go, and only with motion controls.

I expect that the MP in NMS will be along the lines of that in the DS series to begin with, minus the summoning - as in, there, but not there.. and as the development team gain some technical advantages and see how the players are responding to the core mechanics of the game, other more open coop gameplay will be implemented as DLC, this is without a doubt. Leaving out an online multiplayer co op from a game of this design and scale.. now that really is the only potential killer for NMS.. 

As long as you wouldn't waste your time Im guessing that proves it. For the record I have NMS on pre order and will pre order then new FIFA and Don Bradman game when its announced. 

Dead on arrival for being released against the same old shit again? Maybe, in consideration of the fact that in excess of 23,000 gamers on this site are right now playing the same old tired third person shooter and calling it a masterpiece even though it's still the same old tired TPS, just because the voice acting is a little bit above par. But that'll be the gamers' fault, not the developers.

yep only the users, it's not like nearly every reviewer from every site has awarded it perfect scores and got more than 93 of score on metacritic.

obviously when something is being popular and well received there's always has to be that one person that wants to feel special and being the one that hates on it, so it can get likes and recognition because "i'm different and cool".

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

Delays are always a bit of a disappointment, but as of this moment I think I'm a little bit thankful! I always prefer games be released in tip-top shape rather than be rushed, and I've got quite a bit of backlog I've been focusing on lately, plus Overwatch and Battleborn. It's not like I'll be starved of games until this one's ready~

• Like 1