No Man's Sky delayed to August

ShadowStar83x

This doesn't upset me at all. If it will be a better product at release I say take as long as you need. I don't think sales will be an issue because, as others have said before, the people who know about this game and have been excited about it since the beginning will buy it. If it's a great product when it releases and people spread the news of how awesome it is by word of mouth, the sales will catch up if they were dragging in favor of other AAA titles. Better to wait and conquer than to potentially dominate and bomb.

Edited by ShayShay1993
  • Like 1

This doesn't upset me at all. If it will be a better product at release I say take as long as you need. I don't think sales will be an issue because, as others have said before, the people who know about this game and have been excited about it since the beginning will buy it. If it's a great product when it releases and people spread the news of how awesome it is by word of mouth, the sales will catch up if they were dragging in favor of other AAA titles. Better to wait and conquer than to potentially dominate and bomb.

I hope it goes well for Hello Games because people on Steam are Ruthless, any mention of glitches and bad reviews, it will be over for the PC version. SF5 which sold around 1.4 million, near to 70 to 80% of that was on PS4. 

Anyway, I agree that the delay since it's in early august is good for them. 

When will companies learn? Just shut the fuck up about the release date until you are 100% sure it's going out on that date.  

Delays are just a weekly occurrence now. Guarantee it releases buggy as hell and needs 2 or 3 patches to even work properly.

Edited by LetsTurnJu-On

When will companies learn? Just shut the fuck up about the release date until you are 100% sure it's going out on that date.  

Delays are just a weekly occurrence now. Guarantee it releases buggy as hell and needs 2 or 3 patches to even work properly.

To be fair, I think they were 100% it would be ready... and then it didn't pan out. That's life.

• Like 1

I get what you're saying, but here's what's wrong with what you're saying:

When a project is being worked on, of course they have a deadline and a targeted release date for that project (This delay's a perfect example). Once they have the date set, then they feel confident that they can reach the deadline, then the devs work tirelessly on ensuring that the release date's kept on track. Now this goes without saying that there will be some type of bug/glitch that'll derail the targeted release date, meaning more time is requested to work on and fix whatever problems they caught in the process. There must have been something that they didn't like, so they delayed it until August to figure it out, fix it up, and then release it on the new release date.

My point is simple: can't really be upset with this as games nowadays are pushed and rushed out to make sales. By doing so, you'll encounter bug infested games, glitched trophies in games, game breaking glitches, etc (and yes they should run it through beta test after test to see if there's anything else that could be game breaking, but with the way gamers are today, devs and testers can't catch everything, but gamers can). I'm happy that there are many developers that are delaying games just to deliver the full on experience that they envisioned. So just be happy that whatever the reason's why its being delayed is why they're going out of their way to patch things up. Just my take on the matter..............................

To be fair, I think they were 100% it would be ready... and then it didn't pan out. That's life.

I get what you're saying, but here's what's wrong with what you're saying:

When a project is being worked on, of course they have a deadline and a targeted release date for that project (This delay's a perfect example). Once they have the date set, then they feel confident that they can reach the deadline, then the devs work tirelessly on ensuring that the release date's kept on track. Now this goes without saying that there will be some type of bug/glitch that'll derail the targeted release date, meaning more time is requested to work on and fix whatever problems they caught in the process. There must have been something that they didn't like, so they delayed it until August to figure it out, fix it up, and then release it on the new release date.

My point is simple: can't really be upset with this as games nowadays are pushed and rushed out to make sales. By doing so, you'll encounter bug infested games, glitched trophies in games, game breaking glitches, etc (and yes they should run it through beta test after test to see if there's anything else that could be game breaking, but with the way gamers are today, devs and testers can't catch everything, but gamers can). I'm happy that there are many developers that are delaying games just to deliver the full on experience that they envisioned. So just be happy that whatever the reason's why its being delayed is why they're going out of their way to patch things up. Just my take on the matter..............................

To be honest, I would prefer it if games did what Fallout 4 did. Just shut up about it, then reveal it with a release date it's impossible to miss. Pretty much every AAA title is getting delays and it's just boring and annoying.

Sure some new IPs and indies will need that "hype up" time, but just get on with it. Too many companies insist on announcing stuff too early.

I'm guessing you weren't a Nintendo fan back in the 90s then. 

I want this game as soon as possible but also with as little bugs as possible. It's a shame since august is a busier month for me but if they feel like they need the time then that's fine.

I pre-ordered the limited edition. I figured if I can sponsor a new Assassin's Creed from Ubisoft every year, then I should sponsor this game and its developers as well. I just wish the ship model had been available to PS4 as well...

I feel bad for the developers, getting death threats from pushing a game back. I mean sure some people are disappointed such as myself, but wouldn't you want a fully functional game opposed to a broken one? x.x

Btw cause some GameStop's forget to do this, if you see any of their marketing that has "June 21st" you should give them a heads up if you'd like.. They would get in trouble from HR because they're supposed to cover the release date with a "Coming Soon" sticker since we don't have any other marketing for it q:

I was told the developer got death threats for delaying this game.

Seriously some people need to get a life or have some patience, It's just a god damn game :blink:

this is the proper facial expression for those ass hats dropping the threats

black-guy-really-gif.gif

Edited by Behemoth Balls

I saw a comment the other day saying this is all someone had to live for and that the dev had made their depression worse.

Apparently the cause of their depression is they don't get outside enough.

Although I agree kind of, depression is an actual disorder and comes in many shapes and forms. An intro to psych class would teach you about it. Going outside wouldnt help depression especially if it's deep inside of them and locked up due to trauma. 

OT: I'm fine with it being delayed, more time means more effort. 

Although I agree kind of, depression is an actual disorder and comes in many shapes and forms. An intro to psych class would teach you about it. Going outside wouldnt help depression especially if it's deep inside of them and locked up due to trauma. 

OT: I'm fine with it being delayed, more time means more effort. 

I am WELL aware (i don't need a class) but a lot of people just don't have enough going on in their lives. 

While I agree that possibly being released with other AAA titles is a bad idea, at the same time I think a two month delay won't be so bad. If they can make the game that much better, then why not?

Regardless, I think people will still buy this game even if there are other AAA titles in the same month. It's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea, but for those (like me) who have been keeping a real interest in the game, it will be well worth it when it finally comes out. ^.^

I'm excited for this and will play this game no matter the outcome.