Resident Evil 4 coming to a PS4 near you

I noticed this morning that RE4 was rated for both PS4 and XB1 on the official ESRB rating website.

Whether it's a remaster rather than ps2 classic is remained to be seen.

Source: http://www.esrb.org

Thoughts?

I'm personally excited to see it on a ps4 since I never played it on ps2 or 3. I'm hoping for a 15 dollar price tag, but we'll see...

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

I wonder if anybody is still keeping track of how many times RE4 has been rereleased. They must be breaking records by know.

It's been on...

Gamecube (Original)

PS2

PC

Steam

PS3

Xbox 360

This is the reason why Shinji Mikami left Capcom (he asked them to only keep it on Gamecube)...

Edit; There was also a version on the Wii.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 3

I enjoyed Resident Evil 5. Even got all the trophies on a different account so will probs try and get them all again on the re-master. Never really played Resident Evil 4 so will get the re-master of that as well :) 

I noticed this morning that RE4 was rated for both PS4 and XB1 on the official ESRB rating website.

Whether it's a remaster rather than ps2 classic is remained to be seen.

Source: http://www.esrb.org

Thoughts?

I'm personally excited to see it on a ps4 since I never played it on ps2 or 3. I'm hoping for a 15 dollar price tag, but we'll see...

it has been known since months ago that RE4 was coming to ps4, capcom released a trailer in february about RE6, 5 and 4 being released for both ps4 and xbox one, because this year is the 20th anniversary of the franchise.

and since its a remaster like RE6 and RE5, it will not be a part of sony's ps2 emulation program, so the price tag might be $19.99 like RE6.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

I wonder if anybody is still keeping track of how many times RE4 has been rereleased. They must be breaking records by know.

Yeah, they've really milked RE4 dry over the years. I mean yeah it is a great game, especially when it first came out on PS2, but it's old news. I guess I can't understand the struggle with creativity these days. If Capcom wants to repeat RE4's success, then what they need to do is reinvent the series again, and keep the gameplay new and original.

• Like 3

RE4 is my favorite RE game, but even as impressive as the "Ultimate HD" edition was on PC (assuming that is what they're porting), I can't see myself paying for the game yet again unless it has a platinum. The PS3 version is more than adequate.

I could be convinced to do RE5 again, but those versus trophies were so boring to boost.

No plat = No money from me  ;)

When games like the walking dead have a plat, there's really no justification at all for resi 4 not to. 

The trophy list on the ps3 was extremely lazy. So here's hoping they actually try this time.. 

I'm not buying the 43rd re release of the game if it's not bringing something at least slightly different to the table. 

Edited by AlphaTrash

Yup original discussion can be found here:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/35355-resident-evil-4-5-6-coming-to-the-ps4/page-1

I don't see Capcom including a platinum trophy for the PS4 version as RE 6 trophy list was just a copy & paste from the PS3 version.

maybe that was because the ps3 version of RE6 was already pretty complete so there was no reason to change it or add stuff, but i think there's a chance for capcom to make a proper list with platinum for RE4 this time, i mean sony already acknowledges the importance of having a platinum/trophies on their games nowadays (hence many of the new ps4 versions of ps2 games having a plat, and all of them having trophy support) because of the more potential sales by the trophy hunter community, so they could also tell capcom to add one. i mean both remasters of the REmake and RE0 had a plat, and this year is the 20th anniversary of the series, so capcom might try to put a little more effort into it this time.

i don't know this is my opinion, we'll see when the game gets released.

It's been on...

Gamecube (Original)

PS2

PC

Steam

PS3

Xbox 360

This is the reason why Shinji Mikami left Capcom (he asked them to only keep it on Gamecube)...

Edit; There was also a version on the Wii.

Let's not forget the Zeebo version, obscure consoles need love too. 

I heard if you play all release versions of Resident Evil 4 you actually become Leon and get transported into the game. :o

• Like 1

it has been known since months ago that RE4 was coming to ps4, capcom released a trailer in february about RE6, 5 and 4 being released for both ps4 and xbox one, because this year is the 20th anniversary of the franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsHC2tb7l64

and since its a remaster like RE6 and RE5, it will not be a part of sony's ps2 emulation program, so the price tag might be $19.99 like RE6.

Weird, I put "Resident Evil 4" into the search bar and it doesn't even show on the first page... Well, it's coming sooner than later I suppose!!!

Weird, I put "Resident Evil 4" into the search bar and it doesn't even show on the first page... Well, it's coming sooner than later I suppose!!!

there was a thread that was created after that trailer was uploaded, but it mentioned all three games in the title: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/35355-resident-evil-4-5-6-coming-to-the-ps4/

RE6 was already released in march, RE5 i think is going to be released in july and RE4 is going to be released nearly at the end of the year. let's hope this time RE4 has a platinum, that's the most important thing i care about.