Resident Evil 4 coming to a PS4 near you

You guys are all dreaming if you think the trophy list is getting revamped or going to include a platinum trophy.

i don't see why is so impossible to think that they can change it? i respect your opinion, but to me there's a possibility.

maybe they will change it, maybe it will be the same, but we'll have to wait until the trophy list gets leaked to find out.

Love this game, beat it on Gamecube way back and earned the 100% on Steam (it's the exact same  list as the PSN one,) but I don't think it's worth playing a third time if they don't include a platinum, which I'd say is at best 50/50. 2 playthroughs minimum of a game that can be pretty difficult in spots is hardly worth it for not even 300 points.

Hasn't Capcom milked this franchise enough. This is worse than Ubi's treatment of the Assassin's Creed series. I wonder how many people will get suckered into buying an overpriced remaster.. Probably a lot unfortunately

I doubt anyone is going to be "suckered" into buying this remaster. I'd say the vast majority of people who buy it know exactly what they're going to get since the game has been out for two console generations. 

Parker

Love this game, beat it on Gamecube way back and earned the 100% on Steam (it's the exact same  list as the PSN one,) but I don't think it's worth playing a third time if they don't include a platinum, which I'd say is at best 50/50. 2 playthroughs minimum of a game that can be pretty difficult in spots is hardly worth it for not even 300 points.

well there are other games that you can earn the platinum for beating it in 1 playthrough without any kind of difficulty or replay value like the first the walking dead, i think they should try to add a little more to the list because there are many things that they can made trophies for, like buy all weapons, upgrade them all, defeat X amount of enemies, defeat certain enemies in a limited time, beat the game in a limited time, don't use X items in the entire game, do the secondary quest of the merchant and earn the "special weapon", etc all of that can make the game have a platinum if they do it.

well there are other games that you can earn the platinum for beating it in 1 playthrough without any kind of difficulty or replay value like the first the walking dead, i think they should try to add a little more to the list because there are many things that they can made trophies for, like buy all weapons, upgrade them all, defeat X amount of enemies, defeat certain enemies in a limited time, beat the game in a limited time, don't use X items in the entire game, do the secondary quest of the merchant and earn the "special weapon", etc all of that can make the game have a platinum if they do it.

For sure, so the fact that a game with as much potential for trophies as RE4 gets such a slim trophy list is an incredible waste. I'd prefer they stay away from grindy ones in exchange for ones that are more skill-oriented, but the current list is almost exclusively story related and non-missable. I really liked the trophy lists of the RE1 + 0 remakes and I actually 100% RE6 so I'd love to see RE4 get the same treatment.

For sure, so the fact that a game with as much potential for trophies as RE4 gets such a slim trophy list is an incredible waste. I'd prefer they stay away from grindy ones in exchange for ones that are more skill-oriented, but the current list is almost exclusively story related and non-missable. I really liked the trophy lists of the RE1 + 0 remakes and I actually 100% RE6 so I'd love to see RE4 get the same treatment.

yeah :/ maybe at the time since they had to also make an xbox 360 achievement list they didn't wanted the two of them to be so different, like the ps3 one having more trophies so it can have an exclusive playstation's platinum that the xbox doesn't have, but in that case there was no reason to not have included more trophies/achievements in the first place, like the xbox 360 version having 25 achievements and the ps3 version having 26 trophies thanks to the platinum.

i don't know, i just feel that since this year is the 20th anniversary of the franchise, and that's the reason for this remasters, they should try to put a little bit more work into it this time so it doesn't feel like an easy and lazy cash grab (which it is lol, right now i can't name any other game that has been re-released so many times like this game). come on capcom, it will not cost you 1 million dollars to include a platinum  <_<

Edited by smellslikejavier

I doubt anyone is going to be "suckered" into buying this remaster. I'd say the vast majority of people who buy it know exactly what they're going to get since the game has been out for two console generations. 

Parker

At $20 dollars, it's over priced. Many people will buy it regardless if they played it on PS3, just because of the trophies. It's a milked franchise

Hasn't Capcom milked this franchise enough. This is worse than Ubi's treatment of the Assassin's Creed series. I wonder how many people will get suckered into buying an overpriced remaster.. Probably a lot unfortunately

I've pretty much bought RE4 on every platform that It's been released on and the PS4 version will be no exception to that. I don't feel like I'm being "suckered into buying" anything, I just think the game is that good and definitely worth it. 

Edited by Yoshi
  • Like 1

re4 is may of been milked dry but the most one game has been milked was the rayman games

i was more talking about 1 game specifically, not a whole franchise, i know that the rayman games are on many platforms but i was just talking about 1 single game like RE4 that has been on countless platforms over the years.

I've pretty much bought RE4 on every platform that It's been released on and the PS4 version will be no exception to that. I don't feel like I'm being "suckered into buying" anything, I just think the game is that good and definitely worth it. 

yeah, i mean no one is forcing anyone to buy the game, if i buy it again its because i wanted to and if i enjoy it then its money well spent.

I suppose, and it's your money, not mine, so spend it how you please. Personally, I would not buy a game that has been rereleased on several different consoles that I already own.

Edited by CL5INT0N2

I suppose, and it's your money, not mine, so spend it how you please. Personally, I would not buy a game that has been rereleased on several different consoles that I already own.

would you buy it again this time if it has a platinum? i mean i don't see myself buying it for 19.99 dollars if it doesn't have a platinum again, would probably wait for a sale in that case.

would you buy it again this time if it has a platinum? i mean i don't see myself buying it for 19.99 dollars if it doesn't have a platinum again, would probably wait for a sale in that case.

Platinum? I don't remember the HD version on PS3 having a platinum trophy.

To answer your question, probably not. I'm not a big fan fn the RE franchise. I like some of the earlier games but will most likely even wait for big discounts to buy those games . I don't think Capcom's efforts have been strong with the past several RE games so they're putting out all of these remasters of the classic games instead of working hard on the new ones

Edited by CL5INT0N2

Platinum? I don't remember the HD version on PS3 having a platinum trophy.

To answer your question, probably not. I'm not a big fan fn the RE franchise. I like some of the earlier games but will most likely even wait for big discounts to buy those games . I don't think Capcom's efforts have been strong with the past several RE games so they're putting out all of these remasters of the classic games instead of working hard on the new ones

i was talking about this new ps4 version, the ps3 version doesn't have a platinum, but i was asking you if this new ps4 version had a platinum if you would buy it again.

yeah the latest RE's games has from RE what i have from brad pitt, nothing. capcom supposedly is going to "go back to the horror" with RE7 but its probably going to be another Revelations, a horror-themed game with action gameplay.

I bet you it's gonna be a copypasta and no platinum.

I'd be surprised if it ends up getting one.

i don't share the skepticism but we'll have to wait until the trophy list gets leaked to find out, to me like someone else said it's a 50/50, there's a chance for it to have it and there's a chance that it will be the same. if it ends up being the same then capcom don't count on my money.